Can't acces my virtualized unraid server.

I have my unraid VM running. In the console I can login and ifconfig shows me an ip-address.

I can't access the server though either by typing Tower or by typing the ip-address in my browser. This is probably because there is another Tower on my network. Is it possible to change the name of the server through telnet?

Take your USB flash drive to another box (or VM) and edit the "ident.cfg" file in the config folder.  Change the "NAME=Tower" line to be whatever you want.  I believe that is all that is necessary.  Make sure you edit it with something like "Notepad++" on Windows to preserve the linux line endings.

I have my unraid VM running. In the console I can login and ifconfig shows me an ip-address.

I can't access the server though either by typing Tower or by typing the ip-address in my browser.

Are the browser and the unRAID IP in the same subnet.

Cheers.

Take your USB flash drive to another box (or VM) and edit the "ident.cfg" file in the config folder.  Change the "NAME=Tower" line to be whatever you want.  I believe that is all that is necessary.  Make sure you edit it with something like "Notepad++" on Windows to preserve the linux line endings.

I have a unraid vmdk in ESXi that's having this problem. I took the other server with name Tower of my network temporarily, and I still can't access this virtualized server even though it gets an ip-address and it's ping-able.

I have a unraid vmdk in ESXi that's having this problem. I took the other server with name Tower of my network temporarily, and I still can't access this virtualized server even though it gets an ip-address and it's ping-able.

So you are using the free version then?  bzroot and bzimage files might be the only thing used on the VMDK.  But you can mount the VMDK as a drive to another VM and edit the same file from the alternate VM.  You should probably keep the VMDK and the USB key versions the same in any case.

Reverted back from a unraid vmdk to USB-stick using the PLOP-method. It works now and it is still running in ESXi. Booting is slower but at least it works.

All additional controllers (2xM1015 and ARC1200) show up too. With attached disks.

Which is why I suggested mounting the VMDK in another VM and editing the file there.  Once that is done you should be able to switch back to the VMDK since you have proved that it uses the VMDK for config directory information.  I know it doesn't use the VMDK for unMenu package files.

Archived