Drive activity LEDs on CSE-M35T

dikkiedirk

Culd you say which disks you use?

I have some older Samsungs in it, and no lights at all. Also just datacable from an M1015 and powercable hooked up to the cage

Some older drives don't send the right signals for the led to work. Some new seagates send the wrong signal so the led reverses (if multi colored)

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

The new seagate do have a firmware fix. As far as older drives. I have no issue with any sata2 or sata3 drive. I have tried several models. Never tried a sata1 model.

The fail light won't work without a compatible raid card and an alarm cable connected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a test server with two drives (parity and data) that are both installed in a CSE-M35T cage.  Running unRAID 5.0-rc6-r8168-test2

Parity = Seagate ST3000DM001-9YN166, type = SATA 3.0, firmware = CC46

Data = Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166, type =  SATA 3.0, firmware = CC3C

The data drive LED functions properly (green with activity, dark (non-lit) with no-activity), however the parity drive LED is constantly green.  The unRAID web interface (main tab) indicates the parity drive is spun down however the LED is constantly green.  I'm going to see if I can determine if the LED goes dark with activity (reversed condition mentioned above).  Do you think the parity drive might need a firmware update to properly function with the CSE-M35T cage LED?

• 3 months later...

Archived