Building an Unraid VM with ARC1200 RAID volumes (Disaster happened)

dikkiedirk

The system I built for testing is a bit of a special case. First the standard stuff: X9SCM-F, E3-1240, 8 GB RAM, M1015 with 2 Samsung data disks. The bit special part is the ARC1200 with 2 2TB WDs configured as a 3 TB RAID0 volume for parity and a 500 GB RAID1 volume for cache. This has been working in baremetal unraid 5.0 RC3 for over a week. 24/7 Parity building/syncing/checking, downloading with SABNZB, moving from cache to array. It also did a scheduled nocorrect parity check on the first of the moth (September 1st). Yesterday I created a unraid VM using a 5.0-RC3 vmdk of BetaQuasi and the usb stick I had been using the last week. It booted just fine with the array started and all disks in place. SABNZB was still working and I downloaded a few movies. This morning I noticed the parity disk was disbled. According to the syslog this happened when the mover was running. Can one of you take a look at the syslog and see what went wrong? I used Arecas ESXi driver for the ARC1200 which I installed myself. The ARC1200 and M1015 were passed through in ESXi. Could this be a driver issue? Or is it hardware related?

Right now unraid baremetal is running on the same hardware doing a parity sync. See how it goes. ;)

Archived