Custom SABNZDB post processing script

I was asked to post more info about the custom post-processing script I use with SAB.  I wrote a custom Python program that uses MKVMerge to do a few different things...

• Strip out subtitles
  • Strip out unwanted language streams
  • Strip out unwanted audio streams
  • Ignore MKV's that don't meet a certain size
  • Move the resulting MKV to the Movies share

Download these two files...

http://tinyurl.com/8bqmy4h

http://tinyurl.com/bs62tgt

Here we go...

Step 1...  Create a new folder /mkvmerge under the 'custom' folder already on the Unraid install.

Step 2...  unzip mkvmerge.zip into the newly created folder.

Step 3...  Modify go script, adding 'installpkg /boot/custom/mkvmerge/*.tgz'

Step 4...  Either reboot or run the above command manually

Now you should have a working copy of MKVMerge.  Try running 'mkvmerge' from the root prompt, you should see the list of MKVMerge command line options displayed.

Next unzip the contents of sab-post-process.zip into the /scripts folder under your sabnzdb install.

The config items in autoProcessMovie.cfg are currently defaulted as...

[MKVMerge]

preferredLanguage=eng

preferredAudioStream=DTS

keepSubTitles=False

minSize=3

finalDest=/mnt/user/movies

The config items are pretty self explanatory.

The last step is to set up sabnzdb to execute sabToCouchPotato.py when it post processes movies.  This is exactly the same way that SickBeard is setup when post processing tv shows.  There are tutorials on that, somewhere.

Lastly, I'm not a Python programmer, I've done a lot of programming in other languages over the last 25 years, but I don't claim to know enough Python to fill a thimble.  The script works fine 99% of the time, the other 1% I've never really care enough about to debug it.

Try it and let me know if you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them as best I can.

Dang, I forgot to add a python program (sabToCouchPotato.py) to the sab-post-processing.zip file.  It's been added to the original zip and you'll have to download a new one.  It doesn't really have anything to do with CouchPotato, I just followed the SickBeard naming convention.

The missing python program is what figures out exactly what file is the mkv and then passes the path and file name to the following programs.

SAB is then setup to execute the missing program (sabToCouchPotato.py), similar to how you set up the post processing script for SickBeard.

Sorry for the confusion!!!!