Moving Hard drives from outside case to inside tower

ChrisDaMan

Hello All,

I'm looking to save some more power even though not much but worth the move to me. I have a Sans Digital 5bay raid box which has an external card and wire to connect it. It's been a nice setup but I want to move the drives to the inside and cut the use of that box. I'm wanting to add another SuperMicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 8-Port SAS/SATA Card to connect to these drives that I want to take out of the Sans raid box. Now the question being do I take a look at the Unraid interface and see what drives are in what order (Take a picture of the drives list web interface). Then after installing the new card do I need to put them back in order(On the Drives list web interface) or will the Unraid software do it for me?

Thanks,

Chris

Running Unraid 4.7 on that setup

Hello All,

I'm looking to save some more power even though not much but worth the move to me. I have a Sans Digital 5bay raid box which has an external card and wire to connect it. It's been a nice setup but I want to move the drives to the inside and cut the use of that box. I'm wanting to add another SuperMicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 8-Port SAS/SATA Card to connect to these drives that I want to take out of the Sans raid box. Now the question being do I take a look at the Unraid interface and see what drives are in what order (Take a picture of the drives list web interface). Then after installing the new card do I need to put them back in order(On the Drives list web interface) or will the Unraid software do it for me?

Thanks,

Chris

Running Unraid 4.7 on that setup

Make a print out of your drive configuration. When you hook them all back up when inside the computer don't mind anything but just make sure they are back in the same order. It doesn't matter if they changed ports or anything...just as long as they are where they left off. You can switch drives all over the place, and as long as you assign them back to where they belong the array will start.

Archived