usb stick problem

skank

Error : Volume label must be UNRAID

One thing to try is to copy the 'UNRAID' from the error message (see quote above) when you run make_bootable.bat.  Then paste it in as the Volume Name in a 'Rename' operation with Windows Explorer.

What may be happening is that the Dutch language setting of your computer may be using different ASCCI(?) codes (these are numbers that are used for storage of symbols that are displayed on the screen) for the characters.  The comparison is done using the actual numeric values. 

One thing to try is to copy the 'UNRAID' from the error message (see quote above) when you run make_bootable.bat.  Then paste it in as the Volume Name in a 'Rename' operation with Windows Explorer.

What may be happening is that the Dutch language setting of your computer may be using different ASCCI(?) codes (these are numbers that are used for storage of symbols that are displayed on the screen) for the characters.  The comparison is done using the actual numeric values.

yeah i think the language is indeed making the problem

how do i select and copy from the error message?

yeah i think the language is indeed making the problem

how do i select and copy from the error message?

OK, I completely forgot that the windows shell will not allow cut-and-paste operations! 

However, it will allow us to redirect the output of a shell program to a file and 'make_bootable.bat' is a shell program. 

1- determine what the drive letter of your flash drive is.  (Let's say it is "F:" as it appears this is your Flash Drive letter)

2 - click on 'Start'. 

3- type "cmd" into the "Search programs and Files" box.

4- in the shell window prompt, type    F:    The Prompt should now be 'F:'

5- As a check, type    dir  and you should get a listing of files on you flash drive.

If this happens, you are ready for the next step.  Otherwise, you may not have the correct drive letter.

6- type    make_bootable.bat > text.txt   

7-  This will create a file named "text.txt on your flash drive.

8- in Window Explorer, open this file with Notepad.  You can cut-and-paste from Notepad.

It is a language issue, make_bootable.bat is parsing the output of "vol" and using column six for the label name. The output on your system is "Volumname station F is UNRAID" The english phrase it is expecting is "Volume in drive F is UNRAID" There is no word in the sixth column so there is no match to "UNRAID".

Edit make_bootable.bat by changing set label=%%6 to set label=%%5

PB

OK, I completely forgot that the windows shell will not allow cut-and-paste operations!
If you are talking about the Windows Command Prompt from Accessories you CAN cut and paste from it.  Even when using it as a Telnet session.

To cut:

Select Edit/Mark from the drop down menu when you left click on the icon in the upper left corner.

Now just left click to start your cut somewhere on the screen and drag right and down to select the text.

Now select Edit/Copy from the same drop down menu and the text you highlighted is on your clip board.

To paste:

Put the cursor where you want to paste the text.

Select Edit/Paste from the drop down menu when you left click on the icon in the upper left corner. 

Your clipboard text is then entered where your cursor was positioned.

If you are talking about the Windows Command Prompt from Accessories you CAN cut and paste from it.  Even when using it as a Telnet session.

To cut:

Select Edit/Mark from the drop down menu when you left click on the icon in the upper left corner.

Now just left click to start your cut somewhere on the screen and drag right and down to select the text.

Now select Edit/Copy from the same drop down menu and the text you highlighted is on your clip board.

To paste:

Select Edit/Paste from the drop down menu when you left click on the icon in the upper left corner. 

Thank You!!!  I learned something new today and I have been using MS products since 1985... But I don't think MS could have hid this feature any better if they had tried.    ::)

To cut:

To paste:

Thank You!!!  I learned something new today and I have been using MS products since 1985... But I don't think MS could have hid this feature any better if they had tried.    ::)

Never understood why they required the Mark.  I don't remember DOS 5.0 (when I started with MS products) requiring anything (just a shift or control key press if I remember correctly) to select.  Would have thought a Windows Command Prompt would have carried that over.

To cut:

To paste:

You can also just right click anywhere in the window and select mark from the menu. Select your text you want to copy and right click the highlighted text and hit will copy it. And paste is the same thing. Right click anywhere in the window and hit paste and it will paste the text where ever the cursor is.