[SOLVED] Error on ifconfig eth0: error fetching interface information...

Pucker

Hi,

I've been having a hard time trying to figure out an issue i'm having with my new build. I can't get my new system to connect to my network. I have gone through a few of the posts I found with similar problems and tried a few things without success. I repeated the flash drive steps a few times on different USB drives to make sure I got it right, tried to see if anything looked 'off' in the mother board BIOS, looked at my network set-up and tested my wired connections.

I still can't get it to work. It might be a simple solution but I can't figure it out (I'm very, very new at this). I hope I can get someone to point me in the right direction.

my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H and I'm running 4.7

I have also attached a syslog file. Please let me know if more info is required.

syslog.txt

Thanks Frank1940! It was a compatibility issue between 4.7 and my motherboard. I can now get an IP address.

My issue now is tha I can't log into //tower from my pc. I also tried the IP address without success.

Windows Network Diagnostics says that "the remote device or resource won't accept the connection"

Should I create a separate post for this?

Archived