Holy hell

jeff.lebowski

Is your unraid server actually connected to one of the battery backup connectors of the ups?

If not, it will not shutdown the unraid server in a controlled manner, but just cut the power, crashing your unraid machine... giving the result you are describing...

I thought so too, but it appears as both the server and switch are plugged into battery backup outlets. Just a few weeks ago, our neighborhood lost power (drunk driver took out a power pole) and all machines connected to a UPS (including this one) shut down safely.

1ea8c9223214429.jpg

I was adjusting the UPS ... and pressed the power button. Server shut down. ...

I have done this more than once. Last week I was moving my network hardware to a different UPS and accidently touched the switch. They should make these a little harder to activate.

Fortunately I had stopped my array before messing with this so I did not get a parity check.

I was adjusting the UPS ... and pressed the power button. Server shut down. ...

I have done this more than once. Last week I was moving my network hardware to a different UPS and accidently touched the switch. They should make these a little harder to activate.

Fortunately I had stopped my array before messing with this so I did not get a parity check.

09278-1__01017_zoom.jpg