Ajaxplorer

josh5565

I was just curious if anyone has been able to get ajaxplorer running on the simplefeatures web server? I know this isn't the place for support but was curious if anyone was running this and was able to get past the following errors.

php error log...

PHP Warning: preg_replace(): Compilation failed: unknown option bit(s) set at offset 0 in /mnt/cache/.lighttpd/core/classes/class.AJXP_Utils.php

firefox shows...

preg_replace(): Compilation failed: unknown option bit(s) set at offset 0

• 2 weeks later...

I think it has to do with lighttpd (simple featuer web server) not being able to handle utf-8

Here is an alternative you can try..

http://extplorer.sourceforge.net/

Pretty easy to set up. No installation required. Initial user account is admin, password is admin.

ajaxplorer does look promising.. but until someone finds out a way to fix the issue with utf-8, extplorer can be good..

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone that have a solution for this ?

<tree>
<message type="ERROR">
preg_replace(): Compilation failed: unknown option bit(s) set at offset 0
</message>
</tree>

I also trying eXtplorer ,looks very nice, but there is a issue with larger files, any one know the best way to change so it's can handle GB files ?

//Peter

Anyone that have a solution for this ?

Yes.  Myk was correct when he said it requires a version of PCRE built to support Unicode.  It's taken me all day, but I've finally fixed it so that I no longer get that error when first installing / loading Ajaxplorer. 

At first I thought I could simply recompile PCRE with the correct support.  This was simple and yet PHP refused to pick it up.  This continues to be a bit of a headscratcher for me as when checking how PHP was compiled, it seems to have been compiled so that PCRE libraries are used from the system.  As opposed to being statically built or using built-in PCRE.  This is why I thought it would be sufficient to build a fresh PCRE and install over the top of the existing version.

In the end though, it was necessary to build PHP completely from scratch.  Never done it before and I made it extra tough on myself as I used Unraid as the build environment rather than a full Slackware distro.  I lost track of the amount of errors PHP ./configure threw up.  One by one I was able to squash them due to missing libraries/packages etc.  In the end I've managed to build PHP such that installing my PHP package over the one from Simplefeatures Web Server, I am able to install Ajaxplorer and no longer get the error.

Before I go any further, I intend to do a like for like comparison against the PHP installations.  I mirrored exactly the configuration of PHP done by speeding_ant, however I want to check each and every PHP config setting to make sure my version hasn't missed something or is running a different version of a library/module etc.  Assuming everything's ok, I'll probably approach speeding_ant and ask him to review it also.  If he's happy perhaps he will wrap it into the existing webserver plugin.

Regards,

overbyrn

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time and tracking this down.  I dont have a experiment/build environment yet - hopefully in the near future so I can help with stuff like this - its been a while - but it should come back to me when I get the hardware put together....

Thanks

Myk

I have this working too... (though I am using a newer PHP version 5.3.17 which will be included in the next SF release).

There are two steps to do:

1. Download the PRCE package pcre-8.12-i486-1.txz and place in the folder /boot/extra

(this ensures that the package is loaded upon reboot and BEFORE the web plugin is started)

2. Modify the file "conf/bootstrap_conf.php" and put the line: define("AJXP_LOCALE", "en_US.UTF-8");

(note the case of the text)

If you have the web server already running and you install the PCRE package afterwards, then restart the web server from the settings page...

You may want to try this with your current PHP version...

Ps. Do not install the PCRE package from your go file, because this happens AFTER the web server is started..

I have this working too... (though I am using a newer PHP version 5.3.17 which will be included in the next SF release).

1. Download the PRCE package pcre-8.12-i486-1.txz and place in the folder /boot/extra

(this ensures that the package is loaded upon reboot and BEFORE the web plugin is started)

2. Modify the file "conf/bootstrap_conf.php" and put the line: define("AJXP_LOCALE", "en_US.UTF-8");

If you have the web server already running and you install the PCRE package afterwards, then restart the web server from the settings page...

Ps. Do not install the PCRE package from your go file, because this happens AFTER the web server is started..

I'm gonna wait for the new webserver version to come out :) Can't wait!

Nice!  Confirms my suspicions that only PCRE is needed.  Question and so I understand fully, how come the amended PCRE has to be installed prior to web server being installed?  For instance, during my testing, I recall installing the amended PCRE after everything else and restarting the web server.  PHPInfo picked up the change but it didn't work.  My guess is how the libs are linked?

Bonienl, can I ask for a favour please... Any chance you can paste a phpinfo from your latest config?  I'd like the chance to continue to learn more about self compiling php and seeing what versions of things you've moved to would be a great help.

Thanks,

Overbyrn

where exactly is this file:  conf/bootstrap_conf.php

Thanks

Myk

where exactly is this file:  conf/bootstrap_conf.php

Thanks

Myk

It's an Ajaxplorer file, so it should be wherever you've installed Ajaxplorer to.

Works fine for me, except I can't see larger files, but that belong to PHP config, now all bigger files don't chow there size in the ajaxplorer

Wonder if PHP can handle files up to 40GB ?

//Peter

You are correct in your observation that large file sizes are not displayed, this is not a limitation of PHP however, but an implementation issue. In other words the developper of ajaxplorer should use the correct way of reading file sizes.

Large file sizes are correctly displayed in SF...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When will the new version of the webserver be available?

I have another APP throwing the same errors that appear to be related to PCRE so would rather wait if it will be days, rather than having to try and deal with workarounds

thanks

Try SF version 1.0.11

Just to confirm. This is working for me on the new SF. Before I had to install PCRE myself to get this to work.

• 7 months later...