D-Link DGE-528T

Hi - looking for some advice re my unRaid media server. I built the device based on the recommended hardware and so used a D-Link Gigabit PCI Network Card DGE-528T. This has worked OK for me until releases after 5.0 rc5 - everything after that will start up the server OK but I am unable to access it via the network ... either the shares or the Tower/Main screen. I reckon that I will have to buy an alternative PCI NIC card if I want to keep up with the latest releases but don't want to get caught out again - I am considering the Intel Pro/1000 GT PCI desktop card - but before I buy I'd appreciate some info from anyone who is using this with releases above rc5 ... eg rc8a.

Suggest that whoever maintains the recommended hardware list also removes the D-Link Gigabit PCI DGE-528T card - or adds an explanation that it will not work beyond rc5.

Alternatively - can anyone advise whether there is anything I can do to get this card working post rc5?

Thanks in anticipation!

Hi Warhead - thanks sooooo much for this - it worked!

piotrasd's build worked first time - great work!

Really hope that either Lime guy(s) add RT8169 drivers back in the next release or that piotrasd is standing by to add it in!

And still think that the recommended hardware list should be changed to remove the Dlink card

Thanks again - really pleased!