New build with Gigabyte board

Mooney

Finished my system about a week ago and it is running sweet. Love it! Does just what it's meant to do and does it well. Picking a Mobo was a pain, because of lack of availability of boards mentioned in the forums, and compatibility Wiki. In the end I went with the Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L it worked well, had no dramas, and a week later still no dramas. The big thing for me was that it has 6x sata ports I couldn't find anything else that came close in it's price range.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128345

Good luck to all those out there looking to build there first unRaid system.

Sandisk micro cruzer U3 2GB

Gigabyte Mainboard GA-EP45-DS3L, LGA775 P45+ICH10, FSB 1600 MHz, DDR2 1200, PCI-E x16 2.0, SATAII 6 ports, GbN LAN, 7.1-channel, ATX.

Cooler Master Centurion 590 Case

Intel E5200 Pentium Dual Core Processor - LGA775, 2.5Ghz, 800MHz FSB, 2MB L2 Cache, 45nm

2x DDR2-667 Corsair 2GB-Kit [VS2GBKIT667D2 G] Value Select PC-5300 (667MHz), 240-pin DDR2, non-ECC, Unbuffered, 2x128Mx64, not compatible with DDR motherboards

620W "Corsair" HX-620 ATX Modular Power Supply, 120mm fan, Dual PCI-E Graphics Card Connector, 8 SATA Connectors, Universal AC input 90~264V

4x 1000GB 3.5" SATA-II Western Digital WD10EACS Caviar GP Hard Drive, RoHs Green Power 7200rpm 16MB

6x iCute SATA II HDD Mobile Rack BC/ iCute-iswap(MRA201)

Added your board to the Hardware Compatibility wiki page, with a link back here.  Thank you for your report, and adding your build information, very helpful to others.

It has become a little frustrating to some of us, that although unRAID is probably compatible with almost all mainstream boards, there seems to be a growing conception that it is hard to find an unRAID compatible board.  Our efforts to create usable hardware compatible lists and motherboard recommendations have been defeated, by how quickly motherboards disappear from the market, to be replaced with new but untested boards.  I decided to add a manufacturer and Newegg link to your board listing, not because Newegg is the place to get it, but because if there is a Newegg link, then the board is being sold in a mainstream place.  I also decided to add a 'date added', as another way to help users find currently available boards.  Perhaps some day, I or someone else will begin to add info like this to more of the motherboard entries.

Archived