Installation Instructions

I really don't know where to post this, but I thought it should be available to others that might not understand what the actual installation instructions should say for Windows users.

This is directly from the LimeTech Installation page, and been modified to show a few little things that are missing;

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instructions

Step 1: Unzip the contents of the unRAID Server release zip file that you downloaded onto your hard drive, in a location that you will remember.

Step 2: Plug the Flash into your PC and re-format it using Windows:

Open My Computer (XP) or Computer (Vista/Win7), right-click your Flash device and select Format…

For File system, leave what Windows sets as default.

For Volume label, enter UNRAID (all-caps).

Select Quick Format and click Start.

Step 3: Click on your Flash device (to open it) and drag the entire contents of the unRAID Server release folder to the Flash drive (the files that you unzipped in Step 1).

Step 4: For Windows XP, click the file make_bootable.bat file (it may show as make_bootable depending on what your file display settings are in Windows Explorer).  A DOS window will open and run the syslinux utility on the Flash.  For Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click the make_bootable.bat file and select Run as administrator (it may show as make_bootable depending on what your file display settings are in Windows Explorer).

Step 5: Once again, right-click your Flash device in My Computer or Computer and select Eject.  Your Flash device is now ready to boot into unRAID Server OS.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyhow, just though I'd give this out to help other users.

Cheers.