Unraid 5 S3 Standby

mjmapi

I'm new to unRaid, but have been able to successfully setup my unRAID which im quite happy with except for one thing, the box does not want to go on S3 standby.

The motherboard supports S3 and worked flawlessly when used with windows, in fact during my unRAID testing i tested v4.7 which standby worked without any issues however with the latest unRAID version(5rc13) i'm not having any joy, when typing echo -n mem >/sys/power/state for standby a black screen with a cursor top left corner comes on (During this time my fans/board/cpu is still switched on), it stays on this screen for about a minute and then only return to the normal terminal screen.

I have tried simple features standby function, pm-utils's pm-suspend, all with the same results.

i would appreciate your help as this is the only thing stopping my setup from being a perfect solution, i have included below my s3 standby logs & sys logs

auto_s3_sleep.txt

syslog-20130609-103030.txt

Thanks Frank, but i dont think that was of any help to me as i dont have a Realtek NIC but a NVIDIA,

My only option is to download all releases after 4.7 and since the last one thats works for me with WOL/S3 standby.

...by the way my motherboard is a ASUS M2NPV-VM

So i downloaded all the versions of Unraid and from what i could see all versions prior up to version Unraid 5rc5 worked fine, i can put and resume my pc from standby without any issues, with all the rest up to the current version i have the same problem where i cannot put my PC on S3 standby, suppose i will stay on 5rc5 until i upgrade my pc in which case i hope i wont have the same problem on the new setup

...by the way my motherboard is a ASUS M2NPV-VM

So i downloaded all the versions of Unraid and from what i could see all versions prior up to version Unraid 5rc5 worked fine, i can put and resume my pc from standby without any issues, with all the rest up to the current version i have the same problem where i cannot put my PC on S3 standby, suppose i will stay on 5rc5 until i upgrade my pc in which case i hope i wont have the same problem on the new setup

Do you know that the method used to enter S3 changed, and that older scripts would need to be modified to set the sleep mode on current versions of unRAID?  (it might not be that 5.0 can't sleep, but that you are not asking it to)

See here:

http://acpi.sourceforge.net/documentation/sleep.html

Archived