Python 2.7 usage

wickedathletes

I was wondering, since most apps (CP, Sab, SB) are using 2.6.6 of python, is there a way to get two copies running on unRAID at load time? PlexConnect requires 2.7 and I wanted to have that enabled to make full use of PlexConnect. If there is I would love to know what I point to and how to do it.

I tried adding the txz file to the extra folder but on reboot it still only installed 2.6.6. Beyond that, if they are both installed how would I tell PlexConnect to use 2.7?

Currently I just say in my GO file "python folder/PlexConnect.py"

• 3 weeks later...

i used also the python-2.7.3-i686-5PTr.txz from ihavesoldout and his dumptruck. besides i still install python-2.6.6-i486-1.txz. both python version will be usable. 2.7 will be the standard one and will be used for plexconnect when you start plexconnect from the go file.

but for pyload you need to start with "pyload2.6 /to/your/installation/folder/pyLoadCore.py"

i edited /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_pyload on two lines from "python" to "python2.6" to get it back working. don't know yet if this changes are permanent or will be killed after a reboot. any ideas?

i knew it! ;)

the problem is, that pyload is not installed by a plg, its installed via unmenu and its a zip file. any idea how where to edit? i would like to have it permanent

its from here (http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=15292.0) and its a pyload-unmenu-package.conf file. i found both entries to edit there, i will test if it can survive a reboot. i try these on the line 374 and 381:

PACKAGE_INSTALLATION      echo "        usermod -s /bin/bash nobody > /dev/null 2>&1" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_pyload

PACKAGE_INSTALLATION      echo "        su nobody -c \"python2.6 ${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.pyload}/pyLoadCore.py --daemon > /dev/null 2>&1\"" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_pyload

PACKAGE_INSTALLATION      echo "        echo \"pyLoad started as nobody.\"" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_pyload

PACKAGE_INSTALLATION      echo "      else" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_pyload

PACKAGE_INSTALLATION      echo "        LOG_DIR=\$(cat ${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.pyload}/pyload.conf | grep log_folder | awk '{print\$6}')" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_pyload

PACKAGE_INSTALLATION      echo "        mkdir -p \"\$LOG_DIR\"" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_pyload

PACKAGE_INSTALLATION      echo "        DOWNLOAD_DIR=\$(cat ${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.pyload}/pyload.conf | grep download_folder | awk '{print\$7}')" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_pyload

PACKAGE_INSTALLATION      echo "        mkdir -p \"\$DOWNLOAD_DIR\"" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_pyload

PACKAGE_INSTALLATION      echo "        python2.6 ${vINSTALL_DIR-/mnt/cache/.pyload}/pyLoadCore.py --daemon > /dev/null 2>&1" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_pyload

PACKAGE_INSTALLATION      echo "        echo \"pyLoad started as root.\"" >> /etc/rc.d/unraid.d/rc.unraid_pyload

its working! but i had to push the installation via unmenu again?! there is no reinstall button, only this message: Installed, but version is different. Current version='' expected '0.4.9'

any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

i just did a fork on Influencers unplugged series

and updated

Sickbeard

Couchpotato V2

Headphones

SABNZBD

to use python 2.7.3

i asked a pull request from influencer to incorporate it in his releases

so plugin writers please upgrade too if possible or stay behind but call python then by your version needed...

reason for my upgrades is that plexconnect needs python 2.7

Just FYI- I didn't try Python 2.7, but I got PlexConnect (the latest version as of 9/3) working with Python 2.6.6. There are issues with 2.6.4 with the SSL fix.

I haven't managed to get PlexConnect working with the new SSL hack. I know the SSL is installed as I get a certificate message when going to my unraid's ip. Trying to figure out how to update to Python 2.7?

• 2 months later...
Is this link working for anyone else? Can anyone mirror this file?

Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind, it looks like I can download it after all. However, the plugin script is still giving me trouble

file /boot/packages/python-2.7.3-i686-5PTr.txz: downloading from --no-check-certificate https://dl.dumptruck.goldenfrog.com/p/Vq3zpArAKB/python-2.7.3-i686-5PTr.txz ... WARNING: cannot verify dl.dumptruck.goldenfrog.com's certificate, issued by `/C=US/ST=Arizona/L=Scottsdale/O=GoDaddy.com, Inc./OU=http://certificates.godaddy.com/repository/CN=Go Daddy Secure Certification Authority/serialNumber=07969287':
  Self-signed certificate encountered.

Archived