[SOLVED] Anyone managed to install VirtualBox 4.2.16 on rc16c?

Hi folks,

I've been pulling my hair on this one for quite a while, and seem to be hitting a brick wall.

I'm trying to install latest vbox on unRAID rc16c. I've tried both via the plugin and via manual install of the package from @1aina. In both cases, package install goes well but when I try to install the extension pack (either via the plugin or manually via vboxmanage), the install freezes and never completes. Checking what happens reveals that the process VBoxSVC is consuming 100% CPU and never terminates, and vboxmanage hangs with it. Killing VBoxSVC breaks the extpack install.

Online search brought no solution (there were some ideas in some forums but none solved the problem in unRAID).

I'm stuck here, since I must have the extpack (need RDP for the VMs).

Anyone seen this?

Anyone has a counter example - i.e. vbox 4.2.16 successfully installed on unRAID 5 rc16c including the extension pack?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

• 2 months later...

Hi folks,

I've been pulling my hair on this one for quite a while, and seem to be hitting a brick wall.

I'm trying to install latest vbox on unRAID rc16c. I've tried both via the plugin and via manual install of the package from @1aina. In both cases, package install goes well but when I try to install the extension pack (either via the plugin or manually via vboxmanage), the install freezes and never completes. Checking what happens reveals that the process VBoxSVC is consuming 100% CPU and never terminates, and vboxmanage hangs with it. Killing VBoxSVC breaks the extpack install.

Online search brought no solution (there were some ideas in some forums but none solved the problem in unRAID).

I'm stuck here, since I must have the extpack (need RDP for the VMs).

Anyone seen this?

Anyone has a counter example - i.e. vbox 4.2.16 successfully installed on unRAID 5 rc16c including the extension pack?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Any reason that you're not running the official 5.0 install? 

I'm sure there are many people running 5.0 with virtualbox running properly.

Unfortunately I'm not running that configuration as I'm running unRAID via ESXi.

Can't say I've used that version of VirtualBox or unRAID together.  I currently have 5.0-i386 unRAID with 4.3.0 VirtualBox running on my N54L.  I didn't want to install Simple Features so am using command line tools to install VMs.  Currently getting WHSv1 VM installed should be finished by Sunday I hope.  Oh I did use the plugin for 5.0 unRAID to install VirtualBox.