Shares are using Excluded drive

Several of my shares (all?) are not honoring the excluded drive setting. I say unknown for all as it's only the Video share that's the constant problem but that may because the others aren't written to very much.

The exclusion was added after the share had been created and was already in use. So it had been using that drive but then I decided to exclude it and then manually moved everything off. New stuff is constantly popping up on it since though. It's was like that with b14, rc12a and now 5.0.

Any suggestions?

Only thing I can think of would be to rename the share. Create another share named Video, make sure the exclusion is there before use and then move everything over to that share. This would be a huge pita as it's a huge amount of files. There has to be a better fix because otherwise it would be saying that you can't change share settings after they've been created and used.

edit: removed syslog

excluded_9-1-2013_10-02-04_PM.jpg.d822ed508b686c7fc1b0b8c471a340ba.jpg

Is there a folder called Video currently on disk10?

Yes but I have moved the contents countless times to other disks and deleted the Video folder from disk10. I always gets recreated at a later time when something gets copied to the Video share and it decides it wants to use disk10.

• 1 month later...

Try "toggling" the share ... i.e. remove the exclusion;  apply that;  reboot the server;  then move anything from the Video folder on disk10 and delete the folder;  then add the exclusion; apply it; and reboot again.

If that doesn't do the trick, switch gears => remove the exclusion; and add the list of drives you DO want in the share to the Included Disks list.

Try "toggling" the share ... i.e. remove the exclusion;  apply that;  reboot the server;  then move anything from the Video folder on disk10 and delete the folder;  then add the exclusion; apply it; and reboot again.

If that doesn't do the trick, switch gears => remove the exclusion; and add the list of drives you DO want in the share to the Included Disks list.

Ok I tried the first suggestion. Unfortunately that didn't work. If the second suggestion is required I'd consider that a bug but I'll try it later anyway.

I'm starting to think it's because of the way I have Sickbeard setup. I have disk10 as a disk where I download stuff to temporarily. It is part of the array and all other shares except "Downloads" have it excluded. Sickbeard downloads TV through Sabnzbd. Sabnzbd's temporary folder is in the "Downloads' share on disk10. Once it's finished downloading it extracts to the "Downloads" share then the Sickbeard script in Sabnzbd moves the completed file to the folder it's supposed to be in the "Video" share which has disk10 excluded. However "Video" keeps getting recreated on disk10 and the file is moved to it there. I download movies manually through Sabnzbd which go to to the "Downloads" share. I then manually process and move them through Windows explorer to the correct share. I'm almost positive in the past I've had movies show up on disk10 like this also but I don't have any currently so I may be mistaken. So it starts out on a excluded disk but shouldn't it still honor the exclusion? when moving to a different share?

Ok I tried the first suggestion. Unfortunately that didn't work. If the second suggestion is required I'd consider that a bug but I'll try it later anyway.

I'm starting to think it's because of the way I have Sickbeard setup. I have disk10 as a disk where I download stuff to temporarily. It is part of the array and all other shares except "Downloads" have it excluded. Sickbeard downloads TV through Sabnzbd. Sabnzbd's temporary folder is in the "Downloads' share on disk10. Once it's finished downloading it extracts to the "Downloads" share then the Sickbeard script in Sabnzbd moves the completed file to the folder it's supposed to be in the "Video" share which has disk10 excluded. However "Video" keeps getting recreated on disk10 and the file is moved to it there. I download movies manually through Sabnzbd which go to to the "Downloads" share. I then manually process and move them through Windows explorer to the correct share. I'm almost positive in the past I've had movies show up on disk10 like this also but I don't have any currently so I may be mistaken. So it starts out on a excluded disk but shouldn't it still honor the exclusion? when moving to a different share?

No. The exclusions are not considered when moving from share to share. unRAID won't move data from disk to disk, unless the target share is using a cache drive.

No. The exclusions are not considered when moving from share to share. unRAID won't move data from disk to disk, unless the target share is using a cache drive.

Know offhand if that's something that could be changed/fixed ie is a feature request for it going to be possible?

If not guess my only option is either deal with as is or switch it to a cache drive. Thanks for the help all.

Yeah I was trying to avoid that also. Keeping that share limited to that 500gb drive helps me keep it from becoming an overwhelming disorganized mess by forcing me to clean it up when it gets full. :)  Guess it really won't matter anyway when I get bigger drives.