Works: Highpoint Rocketraid 2300 4 port PCI-E 1x

Romir

This card has the same 4 port Marvel chipset as the Adaptec 1430sa so out of curiosity I bought a cheap one on ebay. Fortunately, unraid is detecting my spare drive attached to it. I didn't add the drive to my array, but it did complete hdparm transfer speed test at full speed. In the future I'll test the card with 4 drives and find the real world performance of the 250mbps pci-e 1x slot.

There's also a pci-e 4x version of this card, the HighPoint RocketRAID 2310, but it's much more costlier than non-raid cards with the same marvel chipset.  A more interesting card is the Highpoint RocketRAID 2320. It's an 8 port pci-e 4x controller with the 8 port PCI-X Marvel controller on it. It's the same chip that the Supermico MV8 uses, but with a pci-e bridge. This ones out of my budget to buy and test on a whim, and not cost effective new.

Romir: Thanks a lot for the news :D I have the RocketRAID 2310 card, but I'm a little confused with how it works with unRAID because everytime I connect a drive to it, it requires the drive to be initialized before the OS sees it.

Did you have to initialize the drives frist before the OS sees it or is it because I'm still using unRAID v4.3.3?

Thanks in advance.