Full Slackware Build: Diagnose Disk Access (lsof is empty!?)

Next problem to solve:

I'm getting random writes to all of my drives but lsof lists NOTHING!

I recall UnRAID stock had a similar issue a while back.

You need that hug more than ever, don't you?

I wish I could help but I wouldn't know where to begin. I know there some other members who run unRAID in a Full Slackware install around here somewhere... I just don't remember their names.

Well as a stab in the dark I've just copied over toms patched files (the kernel is still patched...) and rebuilt the kernal.

Still compiling but see what happens...

Don't feel bad. I consider myself a savvy Linux Pro and Slackware has kicked my ass more than any Distro I have ever used.

To make matters worse, there isn't a lot of information / help to be found online.

Give Linux From Scratch a try. LOL! Seriously, I didn't think it was that much "harder" than Slackware.

Bah.

I'm fairly confident now this is the same issue Tom patched into UnRAID a while back.

This: http://www.spinics.net/lists/reiserfs-devel/msg03460.html

I have NO idea how I'm supposed to fix that.

I've tried copying the patched files from unraid into the full kernel, but make baulks at it.

I've tried copying the reiserfs files from 3.4.48 where the issue didn't exist and that didn't work.

Frankily I'm probably going to do something stupid and loose data if I keep trying myself. So I need someone who knows what they are doing to patch the 3.10.24 (which is the kernel Tom is using for UnRAID V6) reiserfs files.

Can I mount the array in read-only mode so that at least I can access the data?  :o