Dynamix - Web GUI

Edit: I just found the place to edit the temp warnings!  I just upgraded from 2.2.2 to 2.2.8 like 2 days before I went on vacation last week and failed to investigate the update.  Sorry again for being uninformed.  I only pushed it up 2 F higher, 106 F, because the drive runs rock solid at 104 F and I still want the warning to be accurate for my new drives.

OK, for the challenged among us, can you point me to where you edited the temp warning values? I've rummaged all about the Dynamix interface, and I'm not seeing it there, so is it a config file somewhere?

Also, while rummaging, I happened across the attached on one of my older disks. I don't recall seeing a pink highlight on any of these stats before, does that indicate that something's getting close to failure and I should consider retiring the drive before it pops?

Thanks!

FreeMan

Disk_1_SMART_attributes_2014_09_05.PNG.a0fea76790ae49eaec1beaf4511b9885.PNG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Go to  Settings -> Display Settings

In here you can choose the temperature unit (Celsius or Fahrenheit) and set the appropriate warning and critical disk temperature. See the attachment.

The pink color in the health report is an informative notification, nothing is broken, though SMART considers the particular attribute as an exceeded threshold.

display-settings.png.613bf450dbfefa35580b6c53e082d8b9.png

Go to  Settings -> Display Settings

In here you can choose the temperature unit (Celsius or Fahrenheit) and set the appropriate warning and critical disk temperature. See the attachment.

The pink color in the health report is an informative notification, nothing is broken, though SMART considers the particular attribute as an exceeded threshold.

Thank you for both!

I was looking to see the pop-up that Rudder2 was complaining about, so I set it to a very low 30C. I like the flashing HOT-temp indicator on the dashboard view - much better than the old HOT. I didn't see a pop-up to be cleared anywhere, though, is this a different setting?  His comments seemed to indicate that it could be set on a drive-by-drive basis, so I was looking there, and completely overlooked the Display Settings section.

The drive in question is one of my oldest - running 24/7 in a WinXP machine from 2009-late 2012, then in my unRAID since then. Do you see any values in there to start being concerned about? The drive is roughly 4.5 service years old...

Also, while rummaging, I happened across the attached on one of my older disks. I don't recall seeing a pink highlight on any of these stats before, does that indicate that something's getting close to failure and I should consider retiring the drive before it pops?

While the color does look pink in that image, I believe it's actually purple, from the following code (from SmartInfo.php):

$color = "";

if ($info[3]<=$info[5]):

if (strtolower($info[6])=='pre-fail'):

$color = "background-color:#FF0000;color:#FFFFFF"; // red

else:

$color = "background-color:#EE6AA7;color:#FFFFFF"; // pink

endif;

elseif ($info[3]>$info[4]):

$color = "background-color:#EED2EE;color:#303030"; // purple

endif;

The first part appears correct, checks for failing attributes.  If VALUE of attribute is lower than THRESH, colors the line red if a critical attribute, or pink if not (which should rarely occur).  The second test is whether VALUE is greater than WORST, and if so, marks the line purple.  I believe this should be removed, as I cannot think of any reason this is necessary, and it's wrong here.  For most attributes, VALUE and WORST slowly drop as the drive ages, but for some attributes, like the temp and error rate attributes, the VALUE will bounce around a lot, rising and falling.  WORST will always remain the lowest that VALUE dropped.  For example, if the drive is very hot, then error rates are probably worse, but once the drive cools down, error rates can improve significantly.  Temps of course go up and down.  (Temps are stored as the complement of the number, typically (but not always) through the formula "100 - temp".  So 36 degrees would show as 64.  This is done so that as temps get worse, increasing their value, their complemented VALUE goes down.)

I'm still having pretty sluggish performance with Dynamix (1-4 seconds to load certain tabs).  Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this?  I dont see any errors on my flash drive.  My other plugins (Sab and drone) are snappy as expected. 

Is there a cache I can flush?  Logs that might have a smoking gun?  Would a reinstall be worth it? 

Thanks so much!

I uninstalled Dynamix and immediately noticed snappier performance from the web UI.  Upon reinstalling Dynamix (via the wget method), I again see several second delays in switching pages (from Dashboard to settings, for example).  I can live with it because the UI is so much nicer to look at, and I dont mess with settings all that often, but if anyone has any other ideas for things I could do, I'd sure appreciate it.

Cheers!

It seems like it is slightly faster, but I just counted out 7 seconds when switching to dashboard for all of the green dots to appear.  Is that normal?  Switching to settings takes about a second now, which is a marked improvement to the 3-4 I was seeing, so thank you for that.  :)

Is Dashboard just a slower load?

It seems like it is slightly faster, but I just counted out 7 seconds when switching to dashboard for all of the green dots to appear.  Is that normal?  Switching to settings takes about a second now, which is a marked improvement to the 3-4 I was seeing, so thank you for that.  :)

Is Dashboard just a slower load?

I think that you will find some screens are slowed simply by the amount of work they have to do to gather the information for generating the reply.

Hi

I've noticed recently that the CPU utilization on the main Dashboard seems to be wrong.

Something causes it to climb to 100% and just sit there, and yet if I go to System Stats and look at the live CPU Load graph, it will show something completely different and typically under 50%.

Right now System Stats shows CPU load sitting at between 20% and 40% but CPU utilization on the Dashboard is locked at 100%.

RAM usage on the Dashboard appears to be correct and consistent with what System Stats says though.

I rebooted the unRAID server, and my PC, then did a few things and watched CPU utilization start low, then climb to 100% fairly quickly and just sit there.

Sometimes it does drop off a bit, to around 75% or so, and then it climbs back to 100% again.

It looks almost as if it has become confused about where 0% baseline is and it now thinks 75% is 0% or something.

that is weird.  I do not have that problem.  My dashboard shows 5% right now and it is correct.  You most likely already did this, but did you clear your browser cache and are you using Chrome?  I also assume you are running the latest version and not an older one. Also be sure you are running unraid 5.05 and NOT the beta releases.

I think you can use a plugin called HTOP to help you see what is running and load - just to confirm what unraid reports.

Hello, just updated to the newest version - would it be possible to put in a option for the frequency of warnings?  One of my disks likes to run hot at 40C and I'm getting a warning popup spam every 2 seconds filling the screen :)

unRAID Disk 1 temperature: 14/09/2014 18:27

Warning: Disk 1 is hot (40 °C)

ST31500341AS_9VS4F6WT (sdd)

thanks, love the UI improvements you made

Hi

I've noticed recently that the CPU utilization on the main Dashboard seems to be wrong.

Something causes it to climb to 100% and just sit there, and yet if I go to System Stats and look at the live CPU Load graph, it will show something completely different and typically under 50%.

Right now System Stats shows CPU load sitting at between 20% and 40% but CPU utilization on the Dashboard is locked at 100%.

RAM usage on the Dashboard appears to be correct and consistent with what System Stats says though.

I rebooted the unRAID server, and my PC, then did a few things and watched CPU utilization start low, then climb to 100% fairly quickly and just sit there.

Sometimes it does drop off a bit, to around 75% or so, and then it climbs back to 100% again.

It looks almost as if it has become confused about where 0% baseline is and it now thinks 75% is 0% or something.

Exactly the same issue I reported a couple of days ago. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Hello, just updated to the newest version - would it be possible to put in a option for the frequency of warnings?  One of my disks likes to run hot at 40C and I'm getting a warning popup spam every 2 seconds filling the screen :)

unRAID Disk 1 temperature: 14/09/2014 18:27

Warning: Disk 1 is hot (40 °C)

ST31500341AS_9VS4F6WT (sdd)

thanks, love the UI improvements you made

The notification updates are sent once a minute but I might have a look into a configuration parameter, if you get them every so many seconds something is wrong ...

You can increase the warning and/or alert disk temperature level in settings -> display settings and avoid too many notifications.

To acknowledge (delete) a notification from the screen, click on its X mark in the top right corner.

Hi

Exactly the same issue I reported a couple of days ago. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Can you post your motherboard and CPU details ?

Hi

+1

Hi

Can you post your motherboard and CPU details ?

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H Socket FM2+ 

CPU: AMD A6-5400K Dual-Core, 3.6 GHz (3.8 turbo)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 2 x 4GB PC1600