[REPO] IronicBadgers ArchVM Repo <--- deprecated 01/07/2014

Repo URL is changing from 'unraidrepo.ktz.me' to 'repo.ktz.me/repo' TODAY ( 30/5/14 ). You'll need to edit your pacman.conf file at this time to continue receiving packages.

To fix your VM you need to edit your pacman.conf file as follows...

nano +99 /etc/pacman.conf 

Then look for the [unraid6repo] entry and edit it as such:

[archVMrepo]
SigLevel = Never
Server = http://repo.ktz.me/repo

Then press Ctrl + X to save the file and quit. Run ' pacman -Syu ' to double check it all works.

Not working for me.

[root@ArchApplianceVM_v3 ~]# pacman -Syu
:: Synchronising package databases...
core is up to date
extra is up to date
community                  2.2 MiB   763K/s 00:03 [######################] 100%
multilib is up to date
archlinuxfr is up to date
error: failed retrieving file 'archVMrepo.db' from repo.ktz.me : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed to update archVMrepo (download library error)
:: Starting full system upgrade...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not find database)

I am still using ArchApplianceVM_v3 if it matters.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Repo URL is changing from 'unraidrepo.ktz.me' to 'repo.ktz.me/repo' TODAY ( 30/5/14 ). You'll need to edit your pacman.conf file at this time to continue receiving packages.

[archVMrepo]
SigLevel = Never

Then press Ctrl + X to save the file and quit. Run ' pacman -Syu ' to double check it all works.

Not working for me.

[root@ArchApplianceVM_v3 ~]# pacman -Syu
:: Synchronising package databases...
core is up to date
extra is up to date
community                  2.2 MiB   763K/s 00:03 [######################] 100%
multilib is up to date
archlinuxfr is up to date
error: failed retrieving file 'archVMrepo.db' from repo.ktz.me : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
error: failed to update archVMrepo (download library error)
:: Starting full system upgrade...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not find database)

I am still using ArchApplianceVM_v3 if it matters.

It will be working by 6pm GMT. I've only just started files moving across and uploading nearly 50 packages consisting of 1GB of files takes time people!  ;D

No luck with the new repository URL, I'm getting a 404.  Here are the lines from my pacman.conf (in case I messed up somewhere along the line)

[unraid6repo]

SigLevel = Never

and the error:

error: failed retrieving file 'unraid6repo.db' from repo.ktz.me : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found

No luck with the new repository URL, I'm getting a 404.  Here are the lines from my pacman.conf (in case I messed up somewhere along the line)

[unraid6repo] should be [archVMrepo]

SigLevel = Never

and the error:

error: failed retrieving file 'unraid6repo.db' from repo.ktz.me : The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found

We're all up and running (have been for some time) but I thought a post was in order to confirm it for everyone.

Thank you all for your (continued) patience during this transition. I had to reorganise things because as the repo is growing my www root dir was becoming rather cluttered. Thanks all.

We're all up and running (have been for some time) but I thought a post was in order to confirm it for everyone.

I can confirm this, thanks.

Also, this also caught me out.  make sure to change this also, or it will still fail...

I can confirm this, thanks.

Also, this also caught me out.  make sure to change this also, or it will still fail...

Thanks Justin. Totally overlooked that!

[archVMrepo]
SigLevel = Never

Can you confirm these are still the correct steps to upgrade the V4 VM repository?

RE: SickRage package  -  I have been using this for a little bit now, and I really like it.  However, I ran into a small issue with it not finding season & episode information correctly, and the dev replied to my bug report that I should try using the dev branch to see if it's already been fixed.

Unfortunately, I can't see any way to change the branch inside the program, so I suspect I need a new package that grabs/uses the dev branch.  i searched with pacman -Ss sick and there isn't any other sickrage package available anywhere that I can see.

So, am I missing the setting to use the dev branch, or do I need IB to build a new package?  (if so, please consider this a friendly request for a dev branch build).

Thanks again!

RE: SickRage package  -  I have been using this for a little bit now, and I really like it.  However, I ran into a small issue with it not finding season & episode information correctly, and the dev replied to my bug report that I should try using the dev branch to see if it's already been fixed.

Unfortunately, I can't see any way to change the branch inside the program, so I suspect I need a new package that grabs/uses the dev branch.  i searched with pacman -Ss sick and there isn't any other sickrage package available anywhere that I can see.

So, am I missing the setting to use the dev branch, or do I need IB to build a new package?  (if so, please consider this a friendly request for a dev branch build).

Thanks again!

The only sickrage package available is this one...

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/sickrage-git/

Looks like I may need to learn to compile the package :)

Someone responded with this...

Just do this (assuming you have the "git" package):

git clone -b dev https://github.com/echel0n/SickRage /opt/sickrage

the "-b" argument is what defines if you are using the master or dev branch.

ahh balls!, i didnt realize to compile the plexpass app you needed to be a plexpass member, sorry my bad ironicbadger, i thought the issue you mentioned was due to a licencing restriction with distribution and NOT because you physically couldn't download the source files, i too am not a plexpass member so cant grab the files to compile the package  :-[

ok so over to anybody with a valid plexpass member account, this is how you would compile a package from AUR, if you can succesfully do this then please send a link to the compiled package over to ironicbadger so he can include it in his repo.

How to create compiled packages from AUR

[*]run command "pacman -Syu" - ensures your running up to date arch linux

[*]run command "pacman -S --needed base-devel" - this installs required libraries to compile

[*]run command "pacman -S wget" - this allows easy download of tarball to vm

[*]go to aur and search for required app https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?setlang=en

[*]click on name of app and copy link address for "Download tarball" link on the right

[*]run command "wget <url of download tarball link on aur>

[*]run command "tar -xzf <name of tarball file downloaded>

[*]switch to folder created by the untar command above

[*]run command "makepkg -s --asroot" - to create package

[*]run command "pacman -U <resulting compiled package with tar.xz extension>" - this installs the package

the above looks like a lot of steps, in reality you can very quickly compile a package for any app with little effort, of course the preferred way is to use a central repo (such as ironic's) to reduce the number of people having to do the above to a minimum  ;)

edit - hehehe it looks like if you put in any username and password it allows the download  8), pm will be sent with link to compiled package in next 30 mins.

Followed all the steps and got almost there but I think I have a python issue.

Any chance of getting nzbmegasearch as a package?

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/nzbmegasearch-git/

If not how do I autostart this?

.10 is already in the repo!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I meant that you are maintaining two versions of PMS. When the Plex Pass version was released, the regular version was updated to .10. Your repo still has the regular version at .7. I could install the PP version to get .10, but generally stay off the bleeding edge when it comes to PMS. It has a tendency to release with "issues" like jumperalex just mentioned.

That said, I totally understand if you no longer intend to maintain both. Your work here has been awesome!