Toshiba 2tb dt01aca200 will not work?

Hi All,

My rig keeps frying drives, WD 2tb green - element read failure, WD 2tb red nas drive, too many bad sectors.  The rig is bits and peices but now I am tring to install a Toshiba 2tb dt01aca200 and it's acting weird.  It spins up/down clicks and gets redballed. I tested it in windows and it is fine?  Ideas? Suggestons?

BW

Found the problem, bad power supply. ::)

Just to let you know I have my 6.0B5a unRAID server running with 10 DT01ACA300 Toshiba drives which are the 3TB version of yours and it is working fine.  You might just have a bad drive even though it tests out in Windows.  Have you run some preclear cycles on it as that tests every sector on the disk and some Windows utilities don't.  If you used the manufacturers test program then I would expect it to also test every sector but if you ran the QUICK scan in HDTune for instance you are not testing every sector on the drive.  Also a single scan may not be enough to catch a bad drive and is why I always run 3 preclear cycles.  I've only had a few drives die after running 3 cycles and I don't feel running more verses the time each cycle takes to be worth running more.  But I will not use any drive that isn't run through at least 3 preclear cycles or 3 LONG smart tests.