smdion's Docker Template Repository - Directions and Help Here

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great resource this post - that said, I have a really silly question;

I've managed to add my first docker container by adding a docker image and then adding one of your dockers from the repo.

My silly question is - do I need a second docker.img for a second docker container/application, or do I add a second application to the same docker.img?

Thank you.

Great resource this post - that said, I have a really silly question;

I've managed to add my first docker container by adding a docker image and then adding one of your dockers from the repo.

My silly question is - do I need a second docker.img for a second docker container/application, or do I add a second application to the same docker.img?

Thank you.

They are all housed in the same docker.img :)

so i guess the correct question should be now is whether smdion can add psutil to the image or not.

pip install psutil

should do the trick, right after pulling pillow.

Added ;)

;D

Is VNstats has finally been added to HTPC-Manager ??

I didn't read all the changes and threads...

No, it isn't. I haven't had the time. Feel free to make a pr :)

what's paramiko ?

Hellowlol is working on getting VNSTAT in his branch of HTPC-Manager.  Its an SSH implementation so HTPC manager can connect to another device over SSH and query the VNSTAT database to get bandwidth info.

cool, i'm not stalking your repo, honestly lol.

i was playing with a test build and hit the refresh info and saw htpcmanager was blue so checked it out.

what's paramiko ?

Hellowlol is working on getting VNSTAT in his branch of HTPC-Manager.  Its an SSH implementation so HTPC manager can connect to another device over SSH and query the VNSTAT database to get bandwidth info.

i was playing with a test build and hit the refresh info and saw htpcmanager was blue so checked it out.

Sure ;)

what's paramiko ?

Sure ;)

i did fork it when i was looking at flexget

what's paramiko ?

Stalking is fine, I even wrote script that compares all forks branches vs origin and and opens that branch in my browser lol.

Hi smdion,

I'm trying to get upstatsboard running and haven't yet been successful.  I've gotten as far as having the logs tell me it's trying to communicate w/ sab (or others...) and then it just hangs there and I cannot ever make contact with :8024  .  API keys are correct, etc, so I'm stumped.

I am so far not using any reverse proxy.  Using SAB/SickBeard/CouchPotato/Plex dockers from needo and all is working fine between those.

I understand that the config parser is picky.  If it's not too much trouble, would you be willing to post your docker upstatsboard config.js without the  uname/pwd's ?    I'd like to see if I could take a template that's working, mod my uname/pwd and host, and get it working.

Thanks!

-Jim

Hi smdion,

I'm trying to get upstatsboard running and haven't yet been successful.  I've gotten as far as having the logs tell me it's trying to communicate w/ sab (or others...) and then it just hangs there and I cannot ever make contact with :8024  .  API keys are correct, etc, so I'm stumped.

I am so far not using any reverse proxy.  Using SAB/SickBeard/CouchPotato/Plex dockers from needo and all is working fine between those.

I understand that the config parser is picky.  If it's not too much trouble, would you be willing to post your docker upstatsboard config.js without the  uname/pwd's ?    I'd like to see if I could take a template that's working, mod my uname/pwd and host, and get it working.

Thanks!

-Jim

While I have no idea how to set up upstatsboard, you could try Htpc manager, it should support most of the features and the setup is very easy.

so i guess the correct question should be now is whether smdion can add psutil to the image or not.

pip install psutil

Added ;)

;D

Its finally added:)

pip install psutil

Added ;)

;D

Hellow :  So VNStat is now inside your Fork of HTPC ?? :o  amazing!

EDIT:  I just tested it.  It seems to work, except for the "Live" speed.  In the VNStat config Page of HTPC manager, there is no place to specify what Interface I want to monitor (in my case it's eth1 instead of eth0).  Probably that you assume it's eth0... if you could add a "Interface" in the configuration and then use that as the Interface when we cousult the page, that would be awesome!

@smdion:  I had a trouble with the docker of HTPC-Manager; when there is a update to the docker, it always lost all the configuration! Is this normal ?

EDIT:  I just tested it.  It seems to work, except for the "Live" speed.  In the VNStat config Page of HTPC manager, there is no place to specify what Interface I want to monitor (in my case it's eth1 instead of eth0).  Probably that you assume it's eth0... if you could add a "Interface" in the configuration and then use that as the Interface when we cousult the page, that would be awesome!

My interface is em0 and it works..... I just pointed it at the database location and it knew what to do.  I'm pretty sure the live data is front that as well

@smdion:  I had a trouble with the docker of HTPC-Manager; when there is a update to the docker, it always lost all the configuration! Is this normal ?

hmmmm.  so not updating from inside HTPC-Manager,  but update from DockerMan?

My interface is em0 and it works..... I just pointed it at the database location and it knew what to do.  I'm pretty sure the live data is front that as well

hmmmm.  so not updating from inside HTPC-Manager,  but update from DockerMan?

Yes, when there is a dockerMan "update".

Regarding the VNstat, I worked with hellow in PM.  I had to put my "default" interface in the config to "eth1" and now live speed is OK.

pip install psutil

Added ;)

;D

Are you updating via git and is gir cleanup checked?

Potiential bug report in DDClient Docker:

My DDClient was not updating my IP so I rooted around a bit.

According to the Dockerfile, the config file link is placed at /etc/ddclient.conf

ln -s /config/ddclient.conf /etc/ddclient.conf

but the /etc/init.d/ddclient file is set for .conf file to be at /etc/ddclient/ddclient.conf

#!/bin/sh
#
# Start ddclient that provides support for updating dynamic DNS services.
#
# Submitted by paolo martinelli

DDCLIENT=/usr/sbin/ddclient
CONF=/etc/ddclient/ddclient.conf
PIDFILE=/var/run/ddclient.pid

when I copied the conf file from /etc/ddclient.conf to /etc/ddclient/ddclient.conf and restarted the container my IP updated instantly.

Hope this helps,

Thanks once again for such great docker containers.

The Capt.