Server Spontaneously Powers Down Overnight

Maybe you have a cat sitting on the power button in the middle of the night. That has happened on my PC.

Wow that's amazing  ;D - great basis for 'cat ate my homework'. How did you discover the guilty party? Our Sparky is very smart but he'd have to log in and invoke power down. I usually operate headless but recently I connected a keyboard & monitor for a preclear so given your cat experience I'll disconnect the keyboard just in case.

cheers

Maybe you have a cat sitting on the power button in the middle of the night. That has happened on my PC.

Wow that's amazing  ;D - great basis for 'cat ate my homework'. How did you discover the guilty party? Our Sparky is very smart but he'd have to log in and invoke power down. I usually operate headless but recently I connected a keyboard & monitor for a preclear so given your cat experience I'll disconnect the keyboard just in case.

cheers

My unRAID server is in a cabinet where the cats can't get to it. My PC is in a Fractal Design case with the power button on top. Sometimes they would just push it long enough to sleep it. Other times they would sit on it long enough to shut it completely down.

I figured it out by seeing it happen while I was sitting at the computer one day. The button is recessed somewhat but big enough for a cat's paw. I now keep a heavy stone coaster sitting on the power button so they can't push it.