having trouble connecting to my usenet server from SAB

JustinChase

I've recently moved, have a new internet provider, and have been working on fixing a red-ball problem.

Currently, the replacement drive has finished pre-clearing, and the array is rebuilding the drive.

Before I could start the rebuild, I had to reboot the server because the GUI became unresponsive.  I could navigate drives, and otherwise use the server fine, i just could not get the GUI to load.

rebooting fixed that, and now it's rebuilding.  I looked at SAB, and it's not downloading anything right now.  I'm not sure why, as it was downloading fine before I rebooted.

I tried to "test" the server, and it failed.  I then opened putty and tried to ping the server, and that failed also.  Then I tried to ping google.com, and that also failed.  it's like I can't get out of the server to the internet, but that's not right because I can see deluge is currently downloading.

I opened a cmd window in windows and pinged the server, and it worked just fine.  Same with google.com

I'm really not sure what's going on, or if the data rebuilding is just preventing the server from doing anything else, but I wanted to post before I went to bed.

I'll check on everything again in the morning/afternoon, after the rebuild is done.  I'll probably reboot the server one more time also, but in case anyone has any ideas for my to test/try, I'll check here before I do anything else.

syslog.zip

Archived