oVirt docker

If your using docker I found this

https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/danielerez/ovirt-engine/

I got it running but couldn't connect to the docker.  I ran it from the command line cause I wasn't sure where to put /sbin/init in the docker template. Maybe someone else could try it.

Just an FYI, Eric and I are checking this out also, but we are right in the middle of another development effort right now.  Priorities, priorities, priorities...  That said, this could be pretty cool.

Ok, got this running on unRAID, but it's not what you think.  It's just the engine.  What we would need next is an oVirt Node container or Plugin to run on unRAID to then connect to for management from the Engine itself.

The engine creates a webGui for oVirt (which is very comprehensive) but without the Node component, it has nothing to connect to...

That said, if there are any oVirt experts out there that want to chat with me about working on oVirt with unRAID, let me know!  I'm game to make some attempts at it!

I have installed oVirt (Version 3.5.0-0.0) on a VM (Fedora 20), can this be pointed to unraid and manage all VM? I have never used oVirt before

//Peter

Peter...  possibly, but not without some significant work.  I'm an oVirt n00b myself and would need to brush up on it.  Just really working hard on beta 9 right now and can't break from that to jump on oVirt right now.  We can work on this together really soon though if you want...

Maybe this is something better?

http://blog.gluster.org/category/ovirt/

Not interested to peform all the above steps and just wanna do the actions mentioned above, do the following steps?

Is it possible? Yes, why not? Go through the steps below.

Another fantastic way to manage your Gluster nodes through UI

1) Install docker on your machine by performing the step “yum install -y docker”
2) Now start running docker by running the command “systemctl start docker”
3) Search for the image by running the command “docker search kasturidocker/centos_ovirt_3.5?
4) Just login to the above linux container by running the command “docker run -i -t  kasturidocker/centos_ovirt_3.5 /bin/bash”

Done, that is it.

5) Check if ovirt-engine is running , by running the command “service ovirt-engine status”, if not start it.

6) Get ip of the system and browse through the URL “http://<ip>/ovirt-enigine&#8221;.

Your web console is ready just in 6 steps, start adding gluster nodes and manage it.

Maybe this would start me to using docker :-) .

Please, any docker guru can take a look at this? maybe is just to follow these simple step 3 -> 6 ?

//Peter