Owncloud and Mariadb

n3IVI0

I have installed both of these via the templates in v6b8.

I have created a mysql database for owncloud to use via Workbench, and given the database user full rights and access to the database. I have done everything the instructions say to do and.... nada. I get this every time I try to setup with MariaDB:

MySQL/MariaDB username and/or password not valid. You need to enter either an existing account or the administrator.

If I choose SQLlite, which of course defeats the whole purpose of installing Mariadb in the first place, it completes the setup immediately. It flatly refuses to work with Mariadb.

What other mystical ephemera is required to make this app do what it apparently designed to do, but will not?

I had to modify the permissions for that to work.  I can't remember what I did :(

Anyway, I had so much issue with running owncloud with MariaDB docker... It always seems to lost part of the DB and I had to start from scratch.  I can retry if you want me to let you know my config (i'll do try and errors) ?

EDIT:  I did it, and works on my first attempt :P

1. Install MySQLWorkbench on a PC/Mac.

2. Add the MariaDB Docker from the templates.

3. In MySQLWorkbench, add the connection to the MariaDB server.

4. In the place you can put SQL commands, type the following to create a user and a DB "owncloud" :

CREATE USER 'owncloud'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'ThePasswordYouWant';
CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS owncloud;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON owncloud.* TO 'owncloud'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'ThePasswordYouWant';

5. After that, select all the line and "execute" them so it create the DB and the User.

6. In the "Users and Priviledges", select the owncloud user, and in the first tab, for the value "Limit to Hosts Matching:", put a % in the field.

7. Save everything.

8. Install the Owncloud Docker from the templates and wait for it to start.

9. On the first run page, create your User/Pass for accessing your owncloud and Edit the connection to choose the MariaDB.

10. Fill in the details :

User: owncloud

pass: ThePasswordYouWant (the one you set in SQL commands previously)

database : owncloud

IP : Your Unraid IP Address (instead of localhost).

In my case, it worked on first try with those settings.

Thanks!  This worked for me, though I encountered the error "You are trying to access from an untrusted domain".

Reading about this it sounds like an owncloud complexity, but I solved it by copying the URL in my browser header "192.168.1.###:8000" and then opening the php.config file (owncloud_folder/config/config.php so that the trusted_domains section looked like this (use your own LAN IP)

'trusted_domains' =>
  array (
    0 => '192.168.1.###:8000',
),

There was something in that field initially but I can't remember what it is, though maybe I screwed up one of the steps.  Nevertheless if you get a 'trusted_domain' error, the correct domain IP:port is in your browser URL bar.

I think you'd have to add other domains when you use MariaDB for other apps.

Thanks again,

D

Thanks!  This worked for me, though I encountered the error "You are trying to access from an untrusted domain".

Reading about this it sounds like an owncloud complexity, but I solved it by copying the URL in my browser header "192.168.1.###:8000" and then opening the php.config file (owncloud_folder/config/config.php so that the trusted_domains section looked like this (use your own LAN IP)

'trusted_domains' =>
  array (
),

There was something in that field initially but I can't remember what it is, though maybe I screwed up one of the steps.  Nevertheless if you get a 'trusted_domain' error, the correct domain IP:port is in your browser URL bar.

I think you'd have to add other domains when you use MariaDB for other apps.

Thanks again,

D

Nope. ownCloud will lock itself with the first domain/ip you use to access it. To change that, you can just set the array like this:

'trusted_domains' =>
  array (
    1 => 'owncloud.your.domain:8000',
),

• 1 month later...

I had to modify the permissions for that to work.  I can't remember what I did :(

Anyway, I had so much issue with running owncloud with MariaDB docker... It always seems to lost part of the DB and I had to start from scratch.  I can retry if you want me to let you know my config (i'll do try and errors) ?

4. In the place you can put SQL commands, type the following to create a user and a DB "owncloud" :

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON owncloud.* TO 'owncloud'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'ThePasswordYouWant';

5. After that, select all the line and "execute" them so it create the DB and the User.

6. In the "Users and Priviledges", select the owncloud user, and in the first tab, for the value "Limit to Hosts Matching:", put a % in the field.

7. Save everything.

9. On the first run page, create your User/Pass for accessing your owncloud and Edit the connection to choose the MariaDB.

THANK YOU!!!!!

Very helpful.  I have owncloud running with a mariaDB now, thanks to your help.

Now, I just need to figure out how to share an existing folder, without moving the files to the /appdata/owncloud/admin/files folder.  I don't need/want to duplicate my files just to share them.

I have /mnt/user/ mapped to /mnt/user in the template, but when I try to add new, from link it's not working.

Time for more reading.

• 1 year later...

7. Save everything.

this was very helpful thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

7. Save everything.

This is awesome! Add this to FAQ, please! Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I tried all that you mentioned and got the following error

Error while trying to create admin user: An exception occurred while executing 'CREATE TABLE `oc_appconfig` (`appid` VARCHAR(32) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, `configkey` VARCHAR(64) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, `configvalue` LONGTEXT DEFAULT NULL, INDEX appconfig_config_key_index (`configkey`), INDEX appconfig_appid_key (`appid`), PRIMARY KEY(`appid`, `configkey`)) DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin ENGINE = InnoDB': SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table 'oc_appconfig' already exists

Admittedly this is my first time using anything like this so i'm sure its probably just something simple I have done myself.