I am unable to change the DNS settings in beta8

I had issues changing the DNS Settings in beta6, but finally got the changes to stick, and internet access began working again.  Great.

Now, I've updated to beta8, and after having some problems, I finally thought to check the DNS settings again, and they are once again incorrect, and when I change the settings, they don't stick.

How to I get this fixed, once and for all?

**never mind.  The settings did actually stick, but the GUI just timed out and appeared to not have stuck.

I still don't understand how the DNS settings got changed from what they were on beta6, back to incorrect settings on beta8.  It seems this isn't something that should happen.

I had issues changing the DNS Settings in beta6, but finally got the changes to stick, and internet access began working again.  Great.

Now, I've updated to beta8, and after having some problems, I finally thought to check the DNS settings again, and they are once again incorrect, and when I change the settings, they don't stick.

How to I get this fixed, once and for all?

**never mind.  The settings did actually stick, but the GUI just timed out and appeared to not have stuck.

I still don't understand how the DNS settings got changed from what they were on beta6, back to incorrect settings on beta8.  It seems this isn't something that should happen.

Hmm, this is a tough one to crack because not everyone is experiencing it and there are on syslogs to track it.  Let us know if you are able to recreate the issue at any point and the steps you took to get there.

sorry, didn't think to grab the syslog, and had restarted several times before I realized what happened.

The only thing I did was upgrade to beta8, and it had replaced my DNS settings with 192.168.1.254, which is a common IP for DNS, but doesn't exist on my system.

I have unRAID set to not use a custom IP (I have my router set to force the MAC to it's address of 192.168.20.150), but do have it set to use a custom DNS.  Perhaps this isn't a common situation, which is why you've not experienced it before.  Perhaps just setting a test machine to these settings in beta6, assigning 3 custom DNS addresses, then do an upgrade to beta8 will be enough for you to see this happen.

screenshot shows my current settings, which work fine now.

dns.jpg.37c5f9ca435a2def87c411b5ec055490.jpg