Abit AB9 Pro Testing - Level 2

Below is a list of the specs of my system, the syslogs, and an outline of what I am running.

My computer

Motherboard:   Abit AB9 Pro;  Newegg Link

Processor:       Intel Celeron E1200 1.6GHz Dual-Core Processor; Intel Celeron E1200 1.6GHz Dual-Core Processor

Powersupply:  CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W; CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W

Case:             Rocketfish Aluminum Case; Rocketfish Aluminum Case

Memory:         2x1GB OCZ Platinum Revision 2; OCZ Platinum Revision 2

Fans:              The 2 Stock 120's that came with the case and 2 of the Scythe KAZE JYU SLIM.

I have been using the Abit board since day one with no problems.  I did have to disable one of the NIC's as that was causing problems for me, but once I did that everything has been working fine.  I do not current;y have any PCI/PCI-e cards in the computer but when the time comes to add more drives I will be adding a PCI-e card for the best speed possible.  The Abit AB9 Pro will not run headless so I have a video card I found at work in one of the PCI slots.

Drives

1x160GB Western Digital SATA1:     This drive was pulled from an old iMac G5 when it died
2x500GB Western Digital SATA2 AAKS:     These have worked great since day one and I have never had a problem with them
1x750GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10:     This is the hottest drive in my setup which usually runs about 5 degree hotter then all the rest
           1x750GB SAMSUNG HD753LJ:     This drive has always run well for me and runs around the same temp as the WD SATA2 drives
   1x1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11:     This drive has worked fine for me and run cooler then its 750GB counterpart
2x1.5TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11:     One has CC1H firmware and the other has CC3G firmware on it; both have worked fine since I got them

Parity Checks

Feb 24 06:16:30 Tower kernel: md: sync done. time=29772sec rate=49211K/sec

Mar  1 07:54:19 Tower kernel: md: sync done. time=24531sec rate=59726K/sec

Mar  8 09:51:54 Tower kernel: md: sync done. time=27893sec rate=52527K/sec

Mar 15 10:10:15 Tower kernel: md: sync done. time=32600sec rate=44942K/sec

Mar 22 07:32:12 Tower kernel: md: sync done. time=23110sec rate=63398K/sec

This is an all SATA2 system and as you can see my speeds fluctuated a little bit but I know for a fact that other stuff was happening when the speeds where lower (i.e. the mover kicked in and stuff was being moved during a parity check).  The average of those four check is 53,960K/sec, which is not to bad.  The latest check was done while nothing else was being done on the system.

Notes: 

I have been using and running BubbaRaid since pretty much the day it came out.  This should not have effected my results any but I figured I would mention it.  I am also using unMenu.

You may notice that my syslog has kind of exploded in size in the last month from when the first was taken (160KB) to almost 50MB now.  This is probably because of all the stuff that is getting logged.  Feel free to peruse through the file.

I am running a couple of custom scripts on boot.   My weekly parity check (will be reducing that to Bi-weekly from now on), rc.local_startup, S01-blockdev, S10-install_custom_packages, S70-smb_mask, and S80-update_hosts.  These along with a few unMenu packages are installed on every reboot.

Syslogs

From February 24, 2009

To March 24, 2009 (<-- this was originally ~50MB but I removed stuff that is not pertinent)

I have the exact same case, power supply, and motherboard.  Processor is a 2200.  I wish I would have bought a few more of those cases when they were $47 at Best Buy.

I really do love the case.  It is laid out pretty nice and is very sturdy and well made.

I grabbed the last one at a Best Buy in Columbus Ohio.  There was another store that had a couple more in stock but they were still selling them for about $90 and I could not justify paying that much for a couple more that I would probably not use right away.