Lost icons in Docker, again!

Hi,

I updated to Beta12 when it got out, I removed dockerMan plugin now that it's part of the OS.  I rebooted already, but 2 of my icons and banners doesn't display. 

I tried copying the PNG to those folder so far in hope they will display :

/boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/images

/boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/webui-images

/boot/config/plugins/images

None of the above works.  I also checked all my "my-*.xml" to see if they had the name of the icon and banner file and yes it's in the XML, so I don't understand!

Any idea or help on how to have my 2 missing icons to be displayed again ?

I was having similar trouble last week trying to get the Apache feather logo to show as the banner for my Tutum webserver container. I'm pretty sure the my-*.xml files just specify potential templates/repositories to be used during container creation, not which image to show during pageload. Those <banner> and <icon> tags specify from where to download the images to be used by the container being created... though I could be wrong. Anyway, I'm still poking around looking for a config file that refers to the specific container ID instead of the repository. I'd be interested to hear if you make any progress!

-A

Found it. You can manually specify the filename of the icon and banner images in the file

/usr/local/emhttp/state/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/docker.json

If the filename is "#" it will display the grey question mark. Otherwise, it will look for the file in two places. First, it will check the folder defined as "images-ram". If it isn't found, it will copy the specified file from "images-storage". By default, these two folders are:

'images-ram'        => '/usr/local/emhttp/state/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/images',
        'images-storage'    => '/boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/images',

SO, I just placed tutum-apache-php-*.png files in /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/images and then edited the docker.json file. The next time I loaded the docker webpage my icon was displayed properly.

The only downside to this is that I think it's a volatile change (i.e. it won't persist across reboots). I suppose you could make a backup of the .json file on your /boot and then add a one liner to your go script to overwrite the default on startup. I'm sure there's a more elegant solution that I'm not thinking of though...

Hope this helps.

-A

Cool.  But why some are there and some don't ? Isn't that a Defect in the GUI ?  I already have them in

/boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/images and they don't display -- I guess because not in the docker.json (and why ??).

Maybe we need to report that Defect somewhere else that this Subforum ?

It looks like if you add a container from one of the built in LimeTech-supported repositories (e.g. needo), then the templates' resulting .xml contain values for the <banner> and <icon> tags, which causes that container's entry in the docker.json file to be populated properly. If you add a container from a "generic" docker repository (e.g. tutum's apache-php server) then those values are populated with the default "#", resulting in the grey question mark icon.

I think this is probably because these images aren't part of a standard docker file definition, and are extra eye candy added by unRAID's implementation. As such, docker files downloaded from generic repositories aren't going to have these tags populated. I've already asked about having a couple fields added to the container creation page that would allow us to specify/upload a couple images to be used by the container at time of creation. I haven't seen any response yet though; seems we're the only two interested in this at the moment ;)

I should mention that I'm making a bunch of potentially ignorant assumptions here. Can anyone with more docker expertise/experience jump in?

-A

The only dockers that will get an icon or banner upon creation will be those that are on a repository and have had a template created for them.  All other docker's available at the registry hub do not have a template made for unraid.  There use to be a way to insert the .png for the icon and/or banner when creating a docker using dockerman.  You were able to click on the word "Preferences" and extra fields will open allowing you to enter this info.  But it seems since v6b12, it is no longer working.

The only dockers that will get an icon or banner upon creation will be those that are on a repository and have had a template created for them.  All other docker's available at the registry hub do not have a template made for unraid.  There use to be a way to insert the .png for the icon and/or banner when creating a docker using dockerman.  You were able to click on the word "Preferences" and extra fields will open allowing you to enter this info.  But it seems since v6b12, it is no longer working.

Yes, you still can, but it doesn't seem to work.  I might end to create my own repo and add it in the repo list, I guess this way it will work ?

X1GZIym.png

X1GZIym.png

Thanks! I wasn't able to see it since the text is too light and blends in. Is there any way to change the color to be able to see it better?

X1GZIym.png

I know it's still there the "advanced mode", but even adding the PNG file name there doesn't work for me on b12.  Before, if it was in the folder, I could specify just the filename and it will look locally.  Do I need now to force the hosting of the icon on imgur ?

lol. well don't I feel dumb! In my defense though, b12 is the first I've played with v6, and those sliders blend in REALLY well. I understand the need to make advanced settings unobtrusive, but maybe they should be darkened a few shades of grey. :P

-A

Shameless plug. If anyone has made png's for my dockers.. put the link in here and I'll update. hahahaha

Shameless plug. If anyone has made png's for my dockers.. put the link in here and I'll update. hahahaha

I found this thread because I was trying to add icons for your DDClient docker, but could not make them appear even with uploading them to imgur on B12.

Here they are if you want to add em:

Icon: http://i.imgur.com/udDgFJQ.png

udDgFJQ.png

Banner: http://i.imgur.com/201b2sc.png

201b2sc.png

Used the logo from whatsmyip.org which is provided on the site as an SVG file for gerneral use.

Hope people think it's OK

The Capt.

I found this thread because I was trying to add icons for your DDClient docker, but could not make them appear even with uploading them to imgur on B12.

Here they are if you want to add em:

Icon: http://i.imgur.com/udDgFJQ.png

udDgFJQ.png

Banner: http://i.imgur.com/201b2sc.png

201b2sc.png

Used the logo from whatsmyip.org which is provided on the site as an SVG file for gerneral use.

Hope people think it's OK

The Capt.

Awesome.  Updated DDClient.  May have to hit "reload info" in the upper right (hard to see).

lol. well don't I feel dumb! In my defense though, b12 is the first I've played with v6, and those sliders blend in REALLY well. I understand the need to make advanced settings unobtrusive, but maybe they should be darkened a few shades of grey. :P

-A

smdion, if you use UniFi from jasonrm, I already have the PNG.  I also have one for cAdvisor.  If you add them to your repo, it means that i'll have icons ?? :D

-A

smdion, if you use UniFi from jasonrm, I already have the PNG.  I also have one for cAdvisor.  If you add them to your repo, it means that i'll have icons ?? :D

I did some digging and added

• cAdvisor
  • Nginx
  • Maraschino - Logo Only
  • DDclient
  • Reverse Proxy - (Apache)

The only reason I added cAdvisor is its maintained by Google and I'm not too afraid about it not being supported. If you hit the refresh button it should (did on mine) pull down the icons.

EDIT: And as soon as I say that.. google updates cAdvisor and it broke my images. Not sure what they did but I look at the google/cadvisor Repo on Docker an it says "39 minutes ago".  Maybe they are changing "latest"?