[OBSOLETE]Kodi Helix Headless Version

sparklyballs

Because a lot of people have asked for it, i've cobbled together a working but not overly stable helix version of kodi headless server in a docker.

It's a patched release-candidate version  i can ping it from sickbeard and browse the web interface, but not tested on a live library as i have no helix installs.

https://github.com/sparklyballs/private-repo/tree/templates/

it's in template form and you have to fill in your mysql details and config path.

EDIT: this post is obsolete as have made a docker based on 14.0 final code.

rebuilt against latest kodi commits on git.

using stock depends from xbmc/kodi ppa and an update patch from kodi forums.

somewhat better stability but still needs to be run for a good five minutes or so, stopped and restarted to get web interface and polling by sickbeard etc... up and running.

it looks possible (may be an overread of kodi statuses on facebook) that helix will go final before christmas.

somewhat better stability but still needs to be run for a good five minutes or so, stopped and restarted to get web interface and polling by sickbeard etc... up and running.

What do we think is happening here because that sounds odd?

Also a couple of other ideas:

rather than use GIT use pull a specific build tar from github. This way you have reproducibility and it clear what specific build the docker is. It also means you can produce docker tagged version per Kodi milestone if you like rather than "built sometime last week".

What do we think is happening here because that sounds odd?

I'm not certain, but the log spews out cannot find display, which was the original problem with running gotham in ubuntu 14.04 until someone came up with a patch for 14.04 to be able to run it.

I just tried a build against the latest git pull and it failed with

checking build system type...

x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

checking host system type...

x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

[91m./configure: line 421: test: make: integer expression expected

[0m

[91mconfigure: error: sure

[0m

[91m./configure: line 310: return: make: numeric argument required

[0m

[91m./configure: line 320: exit: make: numeric argument required

[0m

might be worth trying to get someones' attention or a sponsor in #kodi-linux

I also think this is a good example of why we should use git for this. The dbase version hasn't chnaged for weeks so technically we can get away with an older version and report some bugs in interim. Using git and head you are at the whim of bugs like this.

might be worth trying to get someones' attention or a sponsor in #kodi-linux

I also think this is a good example of why we should use git for this. The dbase version hasn't chnaged for weeks so technically we can get away with an older version and report some bugs in interim. Using git and head you are at the whim of bugs like this.

yeah, there is a tag for 14.0 rc3 that compiles.

i've tried it again, and if it fails again i'll revert to rc3.

Ignore me if you know this but if you go into any commit on github, choose browse code, the nex page shows you the code but also offers you a zip file link for that specific build.

This doesn't rely on git client side or tags github side.... something to ponder since you could forgo git completely and use native docker ADD.

Ignore me if you know this but if you go into any commit on github, choose browse code, the nex page shows you the code but also offers you a zip file link for that specific build.

This doesn't rely on git client side or tags github side.... something to ponder since you could forgo git completely and use native docker ADD.

that's good to know information that i was unaware of.

i could also get the zip, patch it and then whack it back wholesale as patched code into my personal git and call it from there.

Archived