Unraid 6 won't boot with Gigabyte MA790GP-UD4H motherboard?

I downloaded the Unraid 6 beta and formated the sandisk cruzer 8gb flash.  Then I unzipped and copied the Unraid 6 beta to the flash and ran the bootdisk utility.  It shows the utility was success.  I put the flash drive in the computer and rebooted it and it shows "boot error"

I set the USB-FDD option on the BIOS and it still shows "boot error".

I tried another flash drive and got the same error. 

Does anyone uses this Gigabyte MA790GP-UDH4 motherboard and how is the BIOS setup to boot from flash? 

Thanks

James

Look carefully at all of the screens in the area where you set the USB-FDD option.  Many BIOS have two (or more) screens where settings for the boot options have to be made! Typically, there is also a screen which selects the ORDER of the various drives that the BIOS searches as it attempts to boot an OS.  You may also have to play around with other options than the USB-FDD one. 

Garycase,

Thanks for replying - Yes, I did run the "MakeBootable" utility and it still does not work. 

Franck1940,

I did try all BIOS setup options and it still did not work.

I decided to upgrade the BIOS from version F1 to F7C and the flash drive is recognized and now I get a message below.

SYSLINUX 6.03 CHS 2014-10-16 Copyright © 1994-2014 H. Peter Anvin et al

Failed to load ldlinux.c32

Boot failed: please change disks and press any key continue.

It looks like I have to run the mkdiskimage utility to see if this fix the issue.

I now have a 16GB flash drive and I was wondering this command below would work for drives larger than 8GB?

mkdiskimage -F -4 /dev/sdz 0 255 63

I decided to upgrade the BIOS from version F1 to F7C and the flash drive is recognized and now I get a message below.

SYSLINUX 6.03 CHS 2014-10-16 Copyright © 1994-2014 H. Peter Anvin et al

Failed to load ldlinux.c32

Boot failed: please change disks and press any key continue.

It looks like I have to run the mkdiskimage utility to see if this fix the issue.

I now have a 16GB flash drive and I was wondering this command below would work for drives larger than 8GB?

mkdiskimage -F -4 /dev/sdz 0 255 63

The boot process is starting and it is not finding the 'ldlinux.32 file'. (You did unzip the downloaded file before you copied it to the flash drive, didn't you?)  Look on your flash drive for the folder named 'syslinux'.  Look inside that folder for the file named 'ldlinux.c32'. 

I use the same mobo (Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H) and have no problem booting from USB using it.

At work, so can't give you specifics on bios settings and version, but I don't remember having any issues getting it to function. If needed, I can confirm settings and bios at home tonight for you...

That said, sounds like the link posted by GHunter points to a thread with the attached missing file that should fix your problem. I just wanted to re-assure you that the board has no problems running unRaid... :).