Replicate disk setup in bare metal debian install

I have a hp n54l which i am currently using as a tvheadend server with the following relevant disk setup.

/dev/sda2                                               2.8T  281G  2.5T  11% /mnt/Recordings
/dev/sdb2                                               205G   33M  205G   1% /mnt/Timeshift

I have a 2tb drive and a free sata 2 slot on my unraid server's mobo.

Ideally i'd really like to use the 2tb drive outside of the array and to replicate the /Recordings and /Timeshift mountings in a debian 7 KVM, so i can just basically zip up my tvheadend settings folder on the current server, zap across my current recordings etc and have it go without any major hassle.

Any pointers on how to achieve this ?

I have a hp n54l which i am currently using as a tvheadend server with the following relevant disk setup.

/dev/sda2                                               2.8T  281G  2.5T  11% /mnt/Recordings
/dev/sdb2                                               205G   33M  205G   1% /mnt/Timeshift

I have a 2tb drive and a free sata 2 slot on my unraid server's mobo.

Ideally i'd really like to use the 2tb drive outside of the array and to replicate the /Recordings and /Timeshift mountings in a debian 7 KVM, so i can just basically zip up my tvheadend settings folder on the current server, zap across my current recordings etc and have it go without any major hassle.

Any pointers on how to achieve this ?

I do this with Mythbuntu and mythtv.  I have a 750GB 2.5" drive but I add the whole drive into the vm directly for throughtput reasons.  You could also mount the drive outside the array and then use 9p sharing to access inside the vm. But it may not be able to keep up with recording.  In my xml I have this:

<disk type='block' device='disk'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw'/>
      <source dev='/dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD7500BPKX-00HPJT0_WD-WXL1E84AK1MK'/>
      <target dev='vdb' bus='virtio'/>
      <alias name='virtio-disk1'/>
    </disk>

I mount the whole drive and not a partition.  I used gparted inside the vm to partition and format the drive to JFS. I copied the directory structure from /var/lib/mythtv and mounted the drive to that location. Hope this helps.