[REPO] dmaxwell351 repo - Air Video HD, splunk

I'm going to begin publishing some docker builds I've been doing for my unRAID setup...

Repo Address

https://github.com/dmaxwell351/docker-containers/tree/templates

Containers

Air Video HD [phusion] - https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/dmaxwell/airvideohd/

Everything that was great about Air Video, re-thought and re-engineered to bring you the best and most reliable streaming video app for iOS devices.

splunk [phusion] - https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/dmaxwell/splunk/

Splunk is a search and analytics engine that supports a wide variety of data inputs and also many custom applications. I use it as a destination for my home networking syslogs and netflows. The free version is limited to 500MB/day.

Change Log

04.03.2017 - Updated splunk to 6.5.3

03.14.2017 - Added support for h.265 to Air Video HD

10.30.2015 - Updated Air Video HD to v2.2.0

05.07.2015 - Updated Air Video HD to v2.1.3

03.16.2015 - Added Air Video HD

03.04.2015 - Release

Edited by dmaxwell351
  • Like 1

I just install this on my unraid 6.0-beta14b. Installation seems to be ok... but I cannot access the mgmt page from http://ip_address:8000

I keep getting "webpage is not available".

Is this a known issue?

Here is the docker log for Splunk:

/usr/bin/docker logs --tail=350 -f splunk 2>&1

*** Running /etc/rc.local...

Copying '/opt/splunk/etc/openldap/ldap.conf.default' to '/opt/splunk/etc/openldap/ldap.conf'.

Generating RSA private key, 1024 bit long modulus

................++++++

.++++++

e is 65537 (0x10001)

writing RSA key

Generating RSA private key, 1024 bit long modulus

........++++++

.++++++

e is 65537 (0x10001)

writing RSA key

Moving '/opt/splunk/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/modules.new' to '/opt/splunk/share/splunk/search_mrsparkle/modules'.

This appears to be your first time running this version of Splunk.

Splunk> 4TW

Checking prerequisites...

Checking http port [8000]: open

Checking mgmt port [8089]: open

Checking appserver port [127.0.0.1:8065]: open

Checking kvstore port [8191]: Checking configuration... Done.

homePath='/opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/audit/db' of index=_audit on unusable filesystem.

Checking critical directories... Done

Checking indexes...

Validating databases (splunkd validatedb) failed with code '1'. If you cannot resolve the issue(s) above after consulting documentation, please file a case online at http://www.splunk.com/page/submit_issue

open

*** Booting runit daemon...

*** Runit started as PID 39

Mar 10 23:10:57 1b54b56c2bce syslog-ng[44]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'

Mar 10 23:17:01 1b54b56c2bce /USR/SBIN/CRON[51]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)

Thanks in advance.

In the newer betas, the loopback image that unRAID uses for Docker is BTRFS but the underlying storage can be XFS, ReiserFS, or BTRFS.

So in my case... my cache drive is XFS, so when I map the data volume for the splunk container to /mnt/cache/apps/splunk, splunk sees that it is running on an XFS filesystem....

I haven't been able to think of a good workaround for running it on BTRFS that would be docker friendly...

I'm going to begin publishing some docker builds I've been doing for my unRAID setup...

Repo Address

https://github.com/dmaxwell351/docker-containers/tree/templates

Containers

Air Video HD [phusion] - https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/dmaxwell/airvideohd/

Everything that was great about Air Video, re-thought and re-engineered to bring you the best and most reliable streaming video app for iOS devices.

splunk [phusion] - https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/dmaxwell/splunk/

Splunk is a search and analytics engine that supports a wide variety of data inputs and also many custom applications. I use it as a destination for my home networking syslogs and netflows. The free version is limited to 500MB/day.

Change Log

03.16.2015 - Added Air Video HD

03.04.2015 - Release

Thanks dmaxwell for setting up a AirVideoHD Docker - got all media shares setup and user profiles running great. Appreciate your work... I did have a question on the server.properties file - was there a reason to leave lib64 commented out

# path to the VLC libraries
VLCLibraryPath = /usr/lib/
#VLCLibraryPath = /usr/lib64/

• 1 month later...

I have windows AirVideo running in a VM, and it seems the clients can autodiscover it on the local network. That way I don't have to manually enter the IP address.

This docker image doesn't seem to do that. Is that an issue with the Linux server? Or the container? I checked the server's local ports that are open using netstat, comparing against the Bonjour ports listed here, and I don't see any open.

dmaxwell,

I was so surprised to find a SPLUNK doker for unRAID.

And it worked a treat, BUT I can't remember the default login to the webUI and I can't find it anymore.

Could you let me know where I can find it again?

Maybe you could add it to the description of the docker?

Thanks

dmaxwell,

I was so surprised to find a SPLUNK doker for unRAID.

And it worked a treat, BUT I can't remember the default login to the webUI and I can't find it anymore.

Could you let me know where I can find it again?

Maybe you could add it to the description of the docker?

Thanks

Hey roland, glad it's working well! The default login is (and I'll add it to the description as well):

username: admin
password: changeme

I have windows AirVideo running in a VM, and it seems the clients can autodiscover it on the local network. That way I don't have to manually enter the IP address.

This docker image doesn't seem to do that. Is that an issue with the Linux server? Or the container? I checked the server's local ports that are open using netstat, comparing against the Bonjour ports listed here, and I don't see any open.

Hey coppit, inmethod has said that autodiscovery is planned but not supported yet for the Linux version of the server...

Thanks, I am back into splunk!

How are you using it?

I mapped /var/log to /data

I would like to capture the different docker logs as well. So I also added my docker-apps directory as a separate map.

But where does your splunk docker store its indexes? Inside the doker or can we get them to be stored outside as well?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Air Video HD

I'm able to connect, but my shares do not show up. They are set up the same as the regular version of Air Video and that one works.

EDIT: I figured it out. I missed the configuration instructions.

In case anyone else is also having the same issue...

Configuration

Edit the file server.properties in your /config path. Follow the instructions in the file to add shares and users. Restart the container after saving your changes. To find your Server PIN, look in the network.log file in /config/logs after the server has started.

# first shared folder

sharedFolders1.displayName = TV Shows

sharedFolders1.path = /tv

# second shared folder

sharedFolders2.displayName = Movies

sharedFolders2.path = /movies

/tv and /movies need to match the volume mappings in Docker.

Restart sever.

Thanks for this plugin!

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else having trouble with this container? I sometimes get a client authentication error. Other times it seems to connect, but doesn't show any shares. The only suspicious thing in the logs is this:

22:00:15 ERROR 00 bonjour BonjourImplAvahi.cpp:291  - - - - - - - - Failed to create client: Daemon not running
[code]

I tried building the container from scratch, but that didn't help. I reverted back to single-user mode, and double-checked my share settings, and everything seems fine. I'm running 6.0rc4 (Docker 1.6.4).

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to get the Splunk docker working. I changed my cache drive to XFS, but am still getting the following error:

Splunk> Be an IT superhero. Go home early.

Checking prerequisites...

Checking http port [8000]: open

Checking mgmt port [8089]: open

Checking appserver port [127.0.0.1:8065]: open

Checking kvstore port [8191]: Checking configuration... Done.

homePath='/opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/audit/db' of index=_audit on unusable filesystem.

Checking critical directories... Done

Checking indexes...

Validating databases (splunkd validatedb) failed with code '1'. If you cannot resolve the issue(s) above after consulting documentation, please file a case online at http://www.splunk.com/page/submit_issue

open

*** Booting runit daemon...

*** Runit started as PID 39

Jul 1 16:19:21 ee62ef79e3a4 syslog-ng[44]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'

I've removed the container, image, and data files to make sure its a clean system, but still no luck. Any thoughts?

What did you map /opt/splunk/var to?

Mine is mapped to the cache drive and it works fine.

It is an old style cache drive, reiserFS and no problems at all.

Thanks for the hint! I had /opt/splunk/var mounted to /mnt/user/appdata/splunk and it wasn't working. I changed to to /mnt/cache/appdata/splunk and now it works!

• 1 month later...

Having issues with Splunk not loading any webui.

Docker is added and starts without issues (webui mapped to port 8282 for host)

/opt/splunk/var  -> /mnt/cache/apps/splunk

Cache drive is formatted to xfs

Log states it is creating all of these files like this...

Creating: /opt/splunk/var/spool/splunk
Creating: /opt/splunk/var/spool/dirmoncache
Creating: /opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/authDb
Creating: /opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/hashDb

But when I do an "ls /mnt/cache/apps/splunk" the directory is empty.

Any ideas of what is going on?

• 4 weeks later...

I seem to be having a bit of trouble with the volume mappings to my video files with this. I can get access to the server and I can see my video folder "Movies" but there are no files contained within.

I have tried copying the volume mapping from the normal AirVideo as obviously nothing has changed and that just works. If I click on the volume mapping from the docker page for AirVideoHD it will take me to my videos so I am really struggling to understand what I am doing wrong.

Shrimpyaab's post helped massively in getting connection and so forth just stumped as far as the rest of it is concerned.

Any advice gratefully received

Thanks