[unRAID 6 beta14+] Unassigned Devices [former Auto Mount USB]

I've been following this thread very closely, and I know there was work on it by dlandon, but I don't see anywhere that says there was a new release updated for 6.1 except for a couple of users who said they got an update, but those posts were unclear about the official status.

Since I uninstalled this plugin when I upgraded to 6.1, I also did not get any notification that it was updated. Nothing new in the first post of the thread either.

So do the bugs mean that it shouldn't be moved to 6.1 compliant? Do the bugs mean it no longer works on 6.0?

Not intending to sound impatient here, just would like some official statement.

Not sure if it constitutes an "official statement", but the change log in the Github source linked in the OP shows that a change was made for 6.1 compatibility.

Since the September 04 update, both BRTFS cache drives are showing up under Unassigned Devices.  One shows unmounted with 13 open files and the total cache size, one shows mounted with sharing on but no used/free data.

Does this indicate a problem with my configuration?  Everything else seems to be working fine, and I just did a clean install for unRAID 6.1.0.  If it's just a plugin bug, I'll just be extra-careful not to touch those settings so I don't screw up my cache.

Thanks for the work on this plugin; it's been very useful!

I've been following this thread very closely, and I know there was work on it by dlandon, but I don't see anywhere that says there was a new release updated for 6.1 except for a couple of users who said they got an update, but those posts were unclear about the official status.

Since I uninstalled this plugin when I upgraded to 6.1, I also did not get any notification that it was updated. Nothing new in the first post of the thread either.

So do the bugs mean that it shouldn't be moved to 6.1 compliant? Do the bugs mean it no longer works on 6.0?

Not intending to sound impatient here, just would like some official statement.

Not sure if it constitutes an "official statement", but the change log in the Github source linked in the OP shows that a change was made for 6.1 compatibility.

Shows up as update now with:

Fix: 6.1 compatibility.

Add: Move unassigned.devices scripts from /usr/local/sbin to usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/scripts.

Add: Create symlinks to /usr/local/sbin for backwards compatibility.

Fix: Fixed package removal issues.

Nice work all.

I submitted some changes to gfjardim in a pull request I worked on for the 6.1 compatibility.  I did not work on the SMB mounts part of unassigned devices because I don't use it or understand it and it seems there are some issues there yet.  gfjardim is aware of the issue and I'm sure he will get to it when he can.

For the moment unassigned devices works except for some SMB mount incompatibilities in v6.1 that keep it from working properly.

I submitted some changes to gfjardim in a pull request I worked on for the 6.1 compatibility.  I did not work on the SMB mounts part of unassigned devices because I don't use it or understand it and it seems there are some issues there yet.  gfjardim is aware of the issue and I'm sure he will get to it when he can.

For the moment unassigned devices works except for some SMB mount incompatibilities in v6.1 that keep it from working properly.

Thank you, dlandon, for your support and many thanks to Napryc for the bug report.

It's all fixed right now, please update your plugins.

Thank you, dlandon, for your support and many thanks to Napryc for the bug report.

It's all fixed right now, please update your plugins.

You are quite welcome.  I'm happy to help when I can, but I am not as good as you are with the php stuff.  I struggle with the syntax.

Unfortunately not working for me though, perhaps because I was one of the few that removed it before upgrading to 6.1

After pasting in the link from the first post to the install page, it appears to install, but then I am left with the generic puzzle piece icon on the plugins page, and nothing appears in the Main page for Unassigned Devices.

I tried clearing browser, refreshing browser, uninstalling, rebooting, manually removing all traces of the plugin, rebooting, reinstalling. No joy.

plugin: installing: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gfjardim/unRAID-plugins/master/plugins/unassigned.devices.plg
plugin: downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gfjardim/unRAID-plugins/master/plugins/unassigned.devices.plg
plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gfjardim/unRAID-plugins/master/plugins/unassigned.devices.plg ... done
plugin: downloading: https://raw.github.com/gfjardim/unRAID-plugins/master/archive/unassigned.devices-2015.09.07.txz ... done

+==============================================================================
| Installing new package /boot/config/plugins/unassigned.devices/unassigned.devices-2015.09.07.txz

Verifying package unassigned.devices-2015.09.07.txz.
Installing package unassigned.devices-2015.09.07.txz:
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
Package unassigned.devices-2015.09.07.txz installed.

plugin: downloading: http://slackbuilds.org/mirror/slackware/slackware64-current/slackware64/a/ntfs-3g-2015.3.14-x86_64-1.txz ... done

| Installing new package /boot/config/plugins/unassigned.devices/ntfs-3g-2015.3.14-x86_64-1.txz

Verifying package ntfs-3g-2015.3.14-x86_64-1.txz.
Installing package ntfs-3g-2015.3.14-x86_64-1.txz:
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
# ntfs-3g (NTFS read-write filesystem driver)
#
# The NTFS-3G driver is an open source, freely available NTFS driver
# for Linux with read and write support. It provides safe and fast
# handling of the Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000 and
# Windows Vista file systems. Most POSIX file system operations are
# supported, with the exception of full file ownership and access
# rights support.
#
# Homepage: http://www.tuxera.com/community/open-source-ntfs-3g/
#
Executing install script for ntfs-3g-2015.3.14-x86_64-1.txz.
Package ntfs-3g-2015.3.14-x86_64-1.txz installed.

plugin: downloading: https://raw.github.com/gfjardim/unRAID-plugins/master/source/packages/exfat-utils-1.1.1-x86_64-1_SBo.tgz ... done

| Installing new package /boot/config/plugins/unassigned.devices/exfat-utils-1.1.1-x86_64-1_SBo.tgz

Verifying package exfat-utils-1.1.1-x86_64-1_SBo.tgz.
Installing package exfat-utils-1.1.1-x86_64-1_SBo.tgz:
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
# exfat-utils (ExFat filesystem utilities)
#
# This project aims to provide a full-featured exFAT file system
# implementation for GNU/Linux other Unix-like systems as a FUSE
# module.
#
# This package contains the file-system utilities for use with
# the ExFAT file system.
#
# Current status of the project: beta.
#
Executing install script for exfat-utils-1.1.1-x86_64-1_SBo.tgz.
Package exfat-utils-1.1.1-x86_64-1_SBo.tgz installed.

plugin: downloading: https://raw.github.com/gfjardim/unRAID-plugins/master/source/packages/fuse-exfat-1.1.0-x86_64-1_SBo.tgz ... done

| Installing new package /boot/config/plugins/unassigned.devices/fuse-exfat-1.1.0-x86_64-1_SBo.tgz

Verifying package fuse-exfat-1.1.0-x86_64-1_SBo.tgz.
Installing package fuse-exfat-1.1.0-x86_64-1_SBo.tgz:
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
# fuse-exfat (ExFat module for the FUSE)
#
# This project aims to provide a full-featured exFAT file system
# implementation for GNU/Linux other Unix-like systems as a FUSE
# module.
#
# In other words, you need this package to mount drives formatted
# with the ExFAT file system.
#
# Current status of the project: beta.
#
Executing install script for fuse-exfat-1.1.0-x86_64-1_SBo.tgz.
Package fuse-exfat-1.1.0-x86_64-1_SBo.tgz installed.

plugin: downloading: http://slackware.org.uk/slacky/slackware64-14.1/system/hfsprogs/332.25/hfsprogs-332.25-x86_64-2sl.txz ... done

| Installing new package /boot/config/plugins/unassigned.devices/hfsprogs-332.25-x86_64-2sl.txz

Verifying package hfsprogs-332.25-x86_64-2sl.txz.
Installing package hfsprogs-332.25-x86_64-2sl.txz:
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
# hfsprogs - hfs+ user space utils
#
# The HFS+ file system used by Apple Computer for their Mac OS is 
# supported by the Linux kernel. Apple provides mkfs and fsck for 
# HFS+ with the Unix core of their operating system, Darwin.
#
# This package is a port of Apple's tools for HFS+ filesystems. 
#
# http://www.opensource.apple.com
Package hfsprogs-332.25-x86_64-2sl.txz installed.

plugin: downloading: http://slackware.org.uk/slacky/slackware64-14.1/libraries/libbsd/0.6.0/libbsd-0.6.0-x86_64-1sl.txz ... done

| Installing new package /boot/config/plugins/unassigned.devices/libbsd-0.6.0-x86_64-1sl.txz

Verifying package libbsd-0.6.0-x86_64-1sl.txz.
Installing package libbsd-0.6.0-x86_64-1sl.txz:
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
# libbsd - Utility functions from BSD systems
#
# This library provides useful functions commonly found on BSD systems,
# and lacking on others like GNU systems, thus making it easier to port
# projects with strong BSD origins, without needing to embed the same
# code over and over again on each project.
#
# http://libbsd.freedesktop.org/wiki
Executing install script for libbsd-0.6.0-x86_64-1sl.txz.
Package libbsd-0.6.0-x86_64-1sl.txz installed.

-----------------------------------------------------------
unassigned.devices has been installed.
This plugin requires Dynamix webGui to operate
Copyright 2015, gfjardim
Version: 2015.09.07
-----------------------------------------------------------

plugin: installed

Done

Unfortunately not working for me though, perhaps because I was one of the few that removed it before upgrading to 6.1

After pasting in the link from the first post to the install page, it appears to install, but then I am left with the generic puzzle piece icon on the plugins page, and nothing appears in the Main page for Unassigned Devices.

I tried clearing browser, refreshing browser, uninstalling, rebooting, manually removing all traces of the plugin, rebooting, reinstalling. No joy.

I fuc&$# up the package ...  :-[

Everyone that updated to 2015.09.07, [glow=red,2,300] PLEASE DO NOT UPDATE IT AGAIN[/glow]; instead, remove the plugin and install again. Then, you should remove the Documentos share that was created by accident.

For those who skipped 2015.09.07, the current version is 2015.09.07a .

Sorry for any trouble.

Just updated to the latest version and my array now has a new share called "Documentos". The folder contains both a preclear disk folder and unassigned devices folder. I am assuming this should not be here?

EDIT:

Just saw your above post. Deleted the plugin and reinstalled, then manually deleted the "Documentos" folder. All seems to be good.

Capture.PNG.58b308574b8fba9c7961a392eb2f3e89.PNG

Please excuse my ignorance, but I am not exactly sure how this plugin works. Running 6.1.1, installed plugin, when I click "mount" on any of my unassigned devices, the GUI reloads, and the "mount" button is still there. Nothing actually mounts.

Also, I see the "script" for mounting for use with dockers/VM's, does this get pasted in to the script page and then saved?

EDIT: Helps to assign a filesystem to the drives I was trying to mount. /headbang

Still wondering about the script, and/or proper method to use these devices with dockers/VM's

Please excuse my ignorance, but I am not exactly sure how this plugin works. Running 6.1.1, installed plugin, when I click "mount" on any of my unassigned devices, the GUI reloads, and the "mount" button is still there. Nothing actually mounts.

Also, I see the "script" for mounting for use with dockers/VM's, does this get pasted in to the script page and then saved?

EDIT: Helps to assign a filesystem to the drives I was trying to mount. /headbang

Still wondering about the script, and/or proper method to use these devices with dockers/VM's

See the example script in the first post of the thread. You supply your own code for the "events". In my case, I use the 'ADD' event to start an rsync script I have.

I have two follow in support/usage questions:

1. How do i define a script that runs by default on all devices without having to add it to every new disk.

2. How do i define the mountpoint based on the USB cradle UDEV slot ID as opposed to the disk id i.e. mount everything plugged into slot usbslotX

1. How do i define a script that runs by default on all devices without having to add it to every new disk.

2. How do i define the mountpoint based on the USB cradle UDEV slot ID as opposed to the disk id i.e. mount everything plugged into slot usbslotX

1) You can't. Scripts setup are tied to the mount routine, so they are defined on a partition basis, e.g., you can have more than one script running on each disk mount/unmount (one per partition). This could be changed in the future, if someone explain to me a better way to do it.

2) You can't. As I explained earlier, the mountpoint is defined according to the following preference order: user setting>label>disk ID . The script must support SATA too, so it would be a hack to define the mountpoint on usbslotX format.

what about being able to do a LVM setup - I have 2 separate ssd now (120g ones) mounted separately for docker storage, and have 2 more laying about - I have the case bays and sata connectors - it would be nice to take like 4 SSD and combine into one mount point?

Myk

I don't have plans to support LVM, MyKroFt, since it's a lot of work and it doesn't quite fit in this plugin mission.

But thank you anyway!

Xfs

Fat32 and exFAT would be nice, if possible.

NTFS

Ext4 for ssd/trim support

All done. Thanks for your suggestion.

1) You can't. Scripts setup are tied to the mount routine, so they are defined on a partition basis, e.g., you can have more than one script running on each disk mount/unmount (one per partition). This could be changed in the future, if someone explain to me a better way to do it.

2) You can't. As I explained earlier, the mountpoint is defined according to the following preference order: user setting>label>disk ID . The script must support SATA too, so it would be a hack to define the mountpoint on usbslotX format.

1. This is going to cause me a problem. Let me explain. I have well over 100 SATA HDD on the shelf that I connect via USB cradle and sometimes SATA. I had some simple scripts that I have since ported to Unassigned Devices that when the disk is umounted creates catalog file (essentially a fancy ls -R ) and a diskid file (essentially a df -h). This now means for every disk I have to manually assign this script which will prove quite a chore. It occurs to me that calling a catalog script per partition and a disk stats scripts per partition on umount might be a generally useful feature to all worthy of further discussion.

2. I can work around this, thanks for the clarification.

Latest update let me unmount my USB drive and rename it. Also had to use Chrome instead of Safari. Kudos for all the work put in to this plugin!!!

Now, how could I password protect the USB drive's share??

Right now you can't, but I'll figure a way to add security soon, ok?

• Squid locked this topic