[support] Bungy's docker repository

I moved some files around with krusader, can someone help me with the proper commands to rescan the file system? Also is it possible to get this set up so that when I'm logged into the server as the root user I can move the files around manually?

I'm uncertain which docker you're asking for help with. Is this a general unraid question or related to one of the dockers that I support?

I moved some files around with krusader, can someone help me with the proper commands to rescan the file system? Also is it possible to get this set up so that when I'm logged into the server as the root user I can move the files around manually?

I'm uncertain which docker you're asking for help with. Is this a general unraid question or related to one of the dockers that I support?

Apologies, I forgot this was a general repository thread. My question is specifically related to the OwnCloud docker. And to clarify I moved files from one folder within a single user's share to a different folder under that same user.

Apologies, I forgot this was a general repository thread. My question is specifically related to the OwnCloud docker.

I've never performed these actions, but you may be able follow the instructions in this link to rescan the file system: https://doc.owncloud.org/server/8.0/admin_manual/configuration_server/occ_command.html#file-operations

As far as moving the files around, you can probably move them like you have an run the command in the above link. Remember you'll have to do this from within the docker. Let me know if you have issues with any of that and I may be able to help.

Apologies, I forgot this was a general repository thread. My question is specifically related to the OwnCloud docker.

I've never performed these actions, but you may be able follow the instructions in this link to rescan the file system: https://doc.owncloud.org/server/8.0/admin_manual/configuration_server/occ_command.html#file-operations

As far as moving the files around, you can probably move them like you have an run the command in the above link. Remember you'll have to do this from within the docker. Let me know if you have issues with any of that and I may be able to help.

I saw this documentation, I think my issue is coming from running the command from inside the docker, I'm not 100% sure how to do that. If you could point me in the right direction of even how to figure that out that would be amazing, as my searching hasn't turned out to be fruitful. When i try "cd" /var/www/owncloud" I get no such file or directory. I have "/var/www/html/apps" mapped to "/mnt/cache/appdata/owncloud/apps", and config mapped to the same but config instead of apps. When I try and run "sudo -u www-data php occ list" I get "unknown user www-data" and "unable to initialize policy plugin" in each of those directories. I must just be looking in the wrong place but I can't find "occ" or "console.php" anywhere on my server.

So I think I understand how to execute in the docker. I tried:

docker exec -it owncloud bash

which returns

root@(numberstring):/var/www/html#

but when I then try and run

sudo -u www-data php occ

it returns

bash: sudo: command not found

I saw this documentation, I think my issue is coming from running the command from inside the docker, I'm not 100% sure how to do that. If you could point me in the right direction of even how to figure that out that would be amazing, as my searching hasn't turned out to be fruitful. When i try "cd" /var/www/owncloud" I get no such file or directory. I have "/var/www/html/apps" mapped to "/mnt/cache/appdata/owncloud/apps", and config mapped to the same but config instead of apps. When I try and run "sudo -u www-data php occ list" I get "unknown user www-data" and "unable to initialize policy plugin" in each of those directories. I must just be looking in the wrong place but I can't find "occ" or "console.php" anywhere on my server.

So I think I understand how to execute in the docker. I tried:

which returns

root@(numberstring):/var/www/html#

but when I then try and run

sudo -u www-data php occ

it returns

bash: sudo: command not found

This worked for me:

chsh -s /bin/bash www-data
su - www-data
cd /var/www/html
php occ files:scan

That will show you the options for scanning files. When done, make sure you run this to return the www-data user to normal

chsh -s /usr/sbin/nologin www-data

This worked for me:

chsh -s /bin/bash www-data
su - www-data
cd /var/www/html
php occ files:scan

That will show you the options for scanning files. When done, make sure you run this to return the www-data user to normal

chsh -s /usr/sbin/nologin www-data

That all worked for me until I got to the last step

Console has to be executed with the user that owns the file config/config.php
Current user: www-data
Owner of config.php:
Try adding 'sudo -u  ' to the beginning of the command (without the single quotes)

It looks like I haven't set an owner for the config.php? Also, is the www-data user something that exists in all owncloud installs, because I don't have a user named that. Also when I try and do the last step, it asks for a password, which I don't have for a "www-data" user, so I get "authentication failure"

Then yeah the www-data user is automatically created. It looks like you didn't successfully switch your console to the www-data user which is what happens in that third command I sent you. Double check for typos.

user@UNRAIDNAME:~# docker exec -it owncloud bash
user@'string':/var/www/html# chsh -s /bin/bash www-data
user@'string':/var/www/html# su - www-data
www-data@'string':~$ cd /var/www/html
www-data@'string':~/html$ php occ files:scan
Console has to be executed with the user that owns the file config/config.php
Current user: www-data
Owner of config.php:
Try adding 'sudo -u  ' to the beginning of the command (without the single quotes)

This is copy and pasted right out of the terminal (I'm using PuTTY to ssh). I just edited out the username and teh string of numbers and letters after the '@' (I'm not sure if thats unique to my server and someone could ID mine from it somehow)

Hmm sounds like the owner of your config.php file is off. Try running this from within the docker as the root user:

chown www-data:www-data /var/www/html/config/config.php

Then retry the previous commands.

chown www-data:www-data /var/www/html/config/config.php
chown: invalid user: ‘www-data:www-data’

This was while ssh logged into the server as my root user

Gotcha, that should have been run from inside the docker. Sorry for that problem. If running from unraid do

chown sshd:sshd PATH_TO_CONFIG.PHP

Your path will be specific to where you keep your config.php file, but probably something like /mnt/users/appdata/owncloud/config/config.php

Gotcha, that should have been run from inside the docker. Sorry for that problem. If running from unraid do

chown sshd:sshd PATH_TO_CONFIG.PHP

Your path will be specific to where you keep your config.php file, but probably something like /mnt/users/appdata/owncloud/config/config.php

You f**king did it you glorious bastard. Thank you SO much for your help. I should have recognized that it was a command from inside the docker when I saw the "/var/www/...".

Seriously, thank you so much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

nzbgetvpn

We need this docker to be updated according the new PIA certs.

See binhex VPN dockers

//Peter

Indeed!  Bungy are you able to do this?  Thanks, and so far I have been loving the NZBGETVPN Docker you've provided.

I put a bit of time into it, but didn't get very far. I ran into a self-signed cert issue, and I ran out of time to work on it. I'm a bit swamped with work at the moment, so I can't quite do this right now, but maybe over the weekend. I want to switch to binhex's baseimage and use his awesome openvpn setup, but I'll have to postpone until things calm down a bit.