Author Topic: DEPRECATED [Plug-In] Community Repositories Updater & Viewer  (Read 20659 times)

Online Squid

• Community Developer
  • Don Juan Prawn
This plugin is now deprecated.  A replacement plugin (Community Applications) is available here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40262.0  The replacement plugin puts the focus onto the applications themselves, adds categories, changelogs, etc.

Community Repositories

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/repo.update/master/plugins/community.repositories.plg

A plugin to view / add / remove unRaid docker template repositories.

A new name, new features (and more to come), and new home

Gfjardim and bonienl have jumped onboard to this project and completely rewrote the underlying code, added some new ideas and expanded upon some others.

This plugin will allow you to view all of the containers contained within any of the public template repositories for unRaid.  You also have the option to add / remove repositories from the list maintained by dockerMan, and additionally add a container that you select without having to add the repository. See video below.

There are some notable changes from how the plugin works now from my earlier "concept" plugin

• The plugin's UI is now a separate section under the Docker Tab
  • There is no longer a background process running to keep the containers within the repositories up to date.  Updates to the list are performed once you load the UI
  • As previously noted, you can either add or remove an entire repository with the appropriate buttons, or add a single container from the repository.  To do this, just click on the container's icon and a new browser tab will open in the add container screen with all of the information populated.
  • Search the repositories for an available container (minimum 3 character search term)

Installation
If you already had the previous incarnation of this plugin installed (Automatic Repository Updater), you would probably be best off to remove that plugin and then restart the server to ensure that no traces of it remain behind.

To install the plugin, go to the Plugins Tab on the webUI, select Install Plugin, and paste the URL at the top into the text box and hit install.  Done.

Usage

Inorder for this plugin to be active, docker must first be enabled and a valid docker.img file created.  See http://lime-technology.com/docker-guide/ and http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=37732.0

To see what containers / repositories are available, click the Docker Tab and navigate to the Community Repository section.  To add an entire repository so that all of the containers are available, hit the icon next to the repository name with the + sign.  To remove an already existing repository, hit the "-" sign.  Note that by adding a repository does NOT mean that you are going to be running all of the containers within.

To add a single container, just hit the icon for the container.  You will be taken to the Add/Container page.  Fill out the necessary host paths / ports (see the above links or search in the docker forum for more information).

Change Log
- Reverted the behavior of clicking the container icon to always use the template's default values.  Click the wrench to edit the container instead.
- Fixed a minor display abberation introduced in tabbed mode by 6.0RC1

- Clicking an installed container now edits the container, instead of loading defaults

- Miscellaneous display bug fixes

- Added in support for "private" repositories

- Fix "readmore"

2015.04.26a
- Miscellaneous Coding Improvements

- Added in contextual help

- Added in show / hide beta repositories

- Collapsible Repository Tables

- Fix error while downloading XML files

- Silence warning on malformed XML files

- Changed sort order of repositories to alphabetical

2015.04.14a
- Fix tabbed view
- Fix Docker Settings in last position
- Better searchbox functionality; disable search auto submit.

2015.04.13a
- Added search terms
- Now properly displaying 3rd in the docker tab
- Reorganization for future features.

- Initial release

I probably should have created a new thread for this major update to the plugin.  The discussions regarding this new thread begins here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39106.msg365379#msg365379.  Everything prior can be safely ignored.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 05:41:00 PM by Squid »

Offline trurl

• Global Moderator
  • Constructor
Re: [Plug-In] Docker Repository Updater & Viewer
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 04:00:50 PM »
Seems to be missing needo's repo.
How to Search the Forum (no, it's not obvious)     Need help? Read me first!     Upgrading to UnRAID v6

unSERVER 24TB unRAID 6.3.0-rc6 Pro PC-Q25:H87-I:i5-4570S:16GB:SX500-LG:RC-218:AVRG900U
Dockers LogitechMS:NZBGet:PlexMS:RDP-BOINC:Transmission

unBACKUP 15TB unRAID 6.2.4 Pro Node 304:P8H61-I:i3-3220:8GB:ST45SF-G:1430SA

Online Squid

• Community Developer
  • Don Juan Prawn
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 04:43:40 PM »
Seems to be missing needo's repo.
Needo doesn't actually have a repository.  Instead his containers (along with eroz's) are part of gfjardim's repository.  That is why you didn't see a button for needo.  All of his containers are displayed within gfjardim's repo.

I have added another line to the repo display routine to also display the path to the xml.  (If nothing else you'll be able to find it in the "add container" drop down in dockerMan easier.  Update available.

Offline sparklyballs

• Community Developer
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 05:27:09 PM »
Changed moviegrabber xml to remove offending line.

The Raidiator
Unraid 6.2.4 Norco 4220, Supermicro X10SLM+-F, Intel Xeon E3 1240V3, 16GB ECC RAM, 2 x Flashed IBM M1015, 60 TB Array

Offline anixon604

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 01:59:03 PM »
One suggestion. Unraid Noob here. It took me a while to figure out how to use your plugin because there was no entry on the "Settings" menu of 6b14. I can only launch it by clicking on the icon in the Plugins menu. Got it working, but would be nice to be able to access the settings from the settings menu. Thanks!

Online Squid

• Community Developer
  • Don Juan Prawn
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 04:59:18 PM »
One suggestion. Unraid Noob here. It took me a while to figure out how to use your plugin because there was no entry on the "Settings" menu of 6b14. I can only launch it by clicking on the icon in the Plugins menu. Got it working, but would be nice to be able to access the settings from the settings menu. Thanks!

Strange... Both of my servers running 14b come up with an icon in the settings screen after both the initial install and on subsequent reboots... On the plugin screen is it at least showing the shopping cart for an icon?  I will keep trying to replicate

Online Squid

• Community Developer
  • Don Juan Prawn
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 07:22:15 PM »
Fixed an issue where if your network is not up and running prior to the plugin loading on a reboot strange results (gfjardim would have 19 repositories) would happen, and without hitting the "Force Update" button, no proper results would appear for 24 hours.  (Note: After a successful initial installation, it is possible to see the same results if you load the plugin before the cataloging is completed (usually around 30 seconds).  In that case, just reload the page.)

Now, only on the initial installation, and subsequent reboot the plugin tests to see if GitHub is reachable via ping, and retries every 20 seconds until it is (background task) before attempting the background updates.

If GitHub is not reachable during subsequent updates, no errors will occur because the plugin will merely use the last downloaded updated files.

Not the ideal way of handling this (but it works), and it will be handled differently during Phase 2 of the plugin which has already commenced.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 07:25:18 PM by Squid »

Offline SoAvenger

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2015, 09:21:24 PM »

Strange... Both of my servers running 14b come up with an icon in the settings screen after both the initial install and on subsequent reboots... On the plugin screen is it at least showing the shopping cart for an icon?  I will keep trying to replicate

There are no "Settings" tab icons for me either. I didn't miss them however as I didn't know they were supposed to show on the settings tab.  ???

edit: Works very well for me even missing the icons and is a very handy plugin Squid, thanks.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 09:23:53 PM by SoAvenger »
unRAID Server Plus, Version 6.1.6
Biostar A870 AM3
AMD Athlon II X2 250
Kingston ValueRAM 4GB DDR3 1333
4 x 1TB HITACHI Deskstar 7K1000.C
1 x 1TB Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003
1 x 1TB SAMSUNG F2 HD103SI (parity)
Cache; Mushkin Enhanced Chronos MKNSSDCR120GB
Case; Thermaltake TaiChi
Power Supply; XIGMATEK 400W

Offline Capt.Insano

• Community Developer
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 07:26:08 AM »
Only just saw this plugin now....great idea, well done Squid!!

Also fixed offending line in ruTorrent.xml

Complete derp in template creation!!

Congrats again!

The Capt

Online Squid

• Community Developer
  • Don Juan Prawn
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 10:16:13 AM »
Thanks... The new version of this plugin is in the testing phases right now. (The new one doesn't look like it was the first time I ever used JavaScript - lol)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 10:19:09 AM by Squid »

Offline bonienl

• Community Developer
  • Tempus valet volat velat
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 10:56:55 AM »
There are no "Settings" tab icons for me either. I didn't miss them however as I didn't know they were supposed to show on the settings tab.  ???

The section "User Utilities" isn't standard in the webGUI, people who did not install any op the Dynamix optional plugins won't see the settings.

It can be solved by including the file "Utilities.page" in the plugin of Squid, or install one of the optional Dynamix plugins :)
unRAID six.two Pro
System: CoolerMaster Centurion 590 • Procase CRS2136SS • CoolerMaster V750 PSU
Hardware: ASRock Z87 Extreme6 • Intel Xeon CPU E3-1246 v3 • Kingston 20GB DDR3 RAM
Storage: Adaptec HBA 1000-8i • 2x Crucial • 2x Samsung » 500GB (cache) • 6x WD 3TB • 4x Hitachi 3TB • 2x HGST 4TB » 30TB (data)

Author of Dynamix the enhanced webGui for unRAID • You like it?

Online Squid

• Community Developer
  • Don Juan Prawn
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 11:41:28 AM »

The section "User Utilities" isn't standard in the webGUI, people who did not install any op the Dynamix optional plugins won't see the settings.

It can be solved by including the file "Utilities.page" in the plugin of Squid, or install one of the optional Dynamix plugins :)
You learn something new everyday.   I will make the necessary adjustments tonight

Offline SoAvenger

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 02:54:28 PM »

Good to know, thank you.
unRAID Server Plus, Version 6.1.6
Biostar A870 AM3
AMD Athlon II X2 250
Kingston ValueRAM 4GB DDR3 1333
4 x 1TB HITACHI Deskstar 7K1000.C
1 x 1TB Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003
1 x 1TB SAMSUNG F2 HD103SI (parity)
Cache; Mushkin Enhanced Chronos MKNSSDCR120GB
Case; Thermaltake TaiChi
Power Supply; XIGMATEK 400W

Online Squid

• Community Developer
  • Don Juan Prawn
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 04:48:30 PM »
If you just check for updates on the plugins, the fix is already in it.

Offline bonienl

• Community Developer
  • Tempus valet volat velat
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 11:13:50 PM »
May I ask another update (my own fault - didn't mention it before) ...

To show the associated icon in the title bar you need to create the folder "icons" and put the file "userutilities.png" in it.

Thx for your great plugin :)

unRAID six.two Pro
System: CoolerMaster Centurion 590 • Procase CRS2136SS • CoolerMaster V750 PSU
Hardware: ASRock Z87 Extreme6 • Intel Xeon CPU E3-1246 v3 • Kingston 20GB DDR3 RAM
Storage: Adaptec HBA 1000-8i • 2x Crucial • 2x Samsung » 500GB (cache) • 6x WD 3TB • 4x Hitachi 3TB • 2x HGST 4TB » 30TB (data)

Author of Dynamix the enhanced webGui for unRAID • You like it?