cant login to unRAID main site in browser

Hi,

I have a big problem. I cant login to my main unraid page in my browser Chrome/OS X.

Normally as I know I dont have any root password setted up. But now when I want to go to the main page in the browser there comes a popup with: Authentication is needed for UnRaid SMU

user: pass:... I wrote "root" for the username and keep blank the password line, but its not worked.

mybe important info: this issue is since I added a new raid card to the Motherboard, but I had some problem, because with the additional raid card the system not booted up. So I swithced the older raid card to the new, and back and forth just to find out the new raid card has a problem or the socket on the mobo. After this play I get back to the original configuration, only one raid card (old one) in the mobo the new card was out. So everything goes back as it was yesterday, when it was no problem with the system. And after the next boot, when I wanted to login Chrome request the user/pass from me. Never was this kind of situation. I red something eith the passwd file in config dir. I deleted it already but nothing has changed after reboot it was the same. And no in the terminal get the same issue (before when I type root for login and then pressed an ENTER at the password, I was logged in), now it writes incorrect password...

please help me to reset the password for blank.

And than I will have another question regarding "add new raid card" problem, should I ask it here, or its better if I open a new topic for this?

Hi,

I have a big problem. I cant login to my main unraid page in my browser Chrome/OS X.

Normally as I know I dont have any root password setted up. But now when I want to go to the main page in the browser there comes a popup with: Authentication is needed for UnRaid SMU

user: pass:... I wrote "root" for the username and keep blank the password line, but its not worked.

mybe important info: this issue is since I added a new raid card to the Motherboard, but I had some problem, because with the additional raid card the system not booted up. So I swithced the older raid card to the new, and back and forth just to find out the new raid card has a problem or the socket on the mobo. After this play I get back to the original configuration, only one raid card (old one) in the mobo the new card was out. So everything goes back as it was yesterday, when it was no problem with the system. And after the next boot, when I wanted to login Chrome request the user/pass from me. Never was this kind of situation. I red something eith the passwd file in config dir. I deleted it already but nothing has changed after reboot it was the same. And no in the terminal get the same issue (before when I type root for login and then pressed an ENTER at the password, I was logged in), now it writes incorrect password...

please help me to reset the password for blank.

And than I will have another question regarding "add new raid card" problem, should I ask it here, or its better if I open a new topic for this?

It has been sometime since I was this deep into Linux but I believe the Passwords are actually stored in the 'shadow' file in the config folder.  I would shut your server down, pull the Flash drive,  go to a windows machine and rename that file (for instance, 'shadow.old'), and then reboot your server.

thanks, but its could not make trought the network? I can see the flash drive in my shared network, and see this shadow file too. Or rename the file on the flash drive to attach it to a mac? I dont have any WIN machine right now? Or its the only way, I will do it tomorrow..

thanks, but its could not make trought the network? I can see the flash drive in my shared network, and see this shadow file too. Or rename the file on the flash drive to attach it to a mac? I dont have any WIN machine right now? Or its the only way, I will do it tomorrow..

Change the name any way that you can...  Remember that you have to reboot the server after you do to make the change effective!

Archived