Fan suggestion for 2 to 4 replacement

NAS

I apologize straight of for all my power and fan questions. I am attempting to quieten down my workplace and fan technology is proving considerably more complex than i first appreciated.

I am looking to replace these two AC 120mm 12U cabinet fans:

Toyo

PART NUMBER  USTF120381152T

VOLTS 115

WATTS 7

mAMPS 100

RPM 1950

NOISE dB (A) @ 1M 30

CFM 76

with four DC powered fans. The cabinet has 4 fans but the other 2 only work when you open the front door and suck air in. As such they are of no practical use to me 99% of the time.

My main aim is to reduce the noise to a minimum but shift the same amount of air. Whilst the existing two fans should only be 33dB combined the reality is they are very very loud (think an order of magnitude louder than a Norco 4020).

Again I appreciate any advice anyone wants to give.

I have tracked down the spec sheet pdf and uploaded it as a PNG for easy viewing:

12038.th.png

Yeah even in my fumbling steps to understand fans, cfm and static pressures et al I have come to the absolute conclusion that A) I dont understand it B) I am not going to understand it any time soon and C) Manufacturers lie, fudge and obfuscate figures.

I can go and source well reviewed at tested DC fans such as one of the Sythes or Noctuas ot Xilence brands that have approximate similar cfm ratings. That in itself is easy but is only a small part of the picture. I have no clue how to read the static pressure or if in fact I am just over analysing this.

Should I just suck it up and buy 4 quiet well reviewed 40cfm + fans and stop obsessing about it?

Thanks. Coincidentally I was reading that exact same page as you posted it.

I am considering the Xilence Black 120mm Case Fan - 4pin with 3pin adaptor. They are medium range manufacturer that do just OK in various reviews. However they are 1/4 of the price of the others and unless I read any bad things they probably are worth a shot at that price.

SO much for this $2000 acoustically shielded cabinet lol

Thanks again

The manufacturer wouldnt believe me that the cabinet fans were louder than the kit in the cabinet. perhaps they have just went faulty wither way they are for the trash ASAP.... dont like AC wires attached to a steel case anyway :)

NAS,

I'd look into the Orion OA125AP or OA109AP.  The fans do have the advantage of being AC units so you would not have to convert to DC.  Finally, they are in the CFM range of your stock fan, have better static pressure, and appear to have respectable noise levels.  Their profile is a bit different than your old fans but since I haven't learned how to interpret that information yet, I can't give you any guidance in that regard.

OA125AP series spec sheet:

http://www.orionfans.com/html/oa125.html

OA109AP series spec sheet:

http://www.orionfans.com/html/oa109.html