[DOCKER] Pydio

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10th May 2015.

Updated container with some pretty major changes, this is in my beta repo after all and I'm learning these things as much as anyone else here.

Changelog

The container port has been changed to 6074 (picked this port because i can't see anything else being on it)

It is now ssl only, a self signed certificate (which if you alter the SUBJECT variable when reading, can be customised to your preference) will be generated the first time you run the container or when you update to the latest revision.  Certificates are saved in the keys folder of /config wherever you've mapped that locally, if you want to use your own , place them there with same name and restart the container.

I have added a new mapping /UNRAID to be used with pydio repository feature

Bumped the version to the latest stable release from pydio, namely 6.0.7, for existing users there are a few steps you will need to take which I have detailed a little further below.

EVERYONE NEEDS TO UPDATE THE REPOSITORIES IN THE COMMUNITY REPOSITORY TAB.

New users can then launch straight in and use the container.

To upgrade:

ALL existing users will need to delete the container (not your appdata , just the container and image)

YOUR EXISTING "My Pydio"WILL NOT WORK (Selected from the templates-user list that is seen when you click add container)

You can then map the paths in the template to your existing data, in addition to the extra mapping required in the new template.

You then have two options

1. Scorched Earth and fresh install

To choose this you must also delete the local storage mapped to /var/www/pydio

2.  Upgrade (with a few hoops.)

Your data will be available (i've only tested this with data in /var/www/data and not repositories) but you will need to change any webdav settings and update any clients with the new port settings.

Upgraders will be still be on 6.0.6 and to upgrade need to do the following , (with the container started)

enter at the unraid prompt

Code: [select]

docker exec Pydio chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/pydio

then in the pydio webui pull up the settings window and click on the upgrade bar that appears to the left of username.

upgrade via the web interface and then (again with the container still running)

issue the following two commands at unraid prompt, make sure to do these two in this exact order.

docker exec Pydio chown -R root:root  /var/www/pydio

followed by

docker exec Pydio chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/pydio

and with a following wind and good luck you should be up to date

Hi,

I'm Testing your docker, very good job ;)

I see some little secundary bugs but some people can require.

If you go to global config-->plugins :

Amazon s3 and openstack require a library php

This two services it's interesting to backup or transfer to other clouds like Hubic(OVH openstack swift)

Tasks scheduler plugin

Other problem I have seen is when you are doing the first setup, the wizard "crash" because can't write .htaccess file because don't have write permissions.

And The other thing that I was tell you in the other post is about

suport SSL, with our private cert(I will like install my https://www.startssl.com/ free certs :D)

Thanks for all!

Hi,

I'm Testing your docker, very good job ;)

I see some little secundary bugs but some people can require.

If you go to global config-->plugins :

Amazon s3 and openstack require a library php

This two services it's interesting to backup or transfer to other clouds like Hubic(OVH openstack swift)

Tasks scheduler plugin

Other problem I have seen is when you are doing the first setup, the wizard "crash" because can't write .htaccess file because don't have write permissions.

And The other thing that I was tell you in the other post is about

suport SSL, with our private cert(I will like install my https://www.startssl.com/ free certs :D)

Thanks for all!

the .htaccess thing is not a bug per se with the container, it's a thing with pydio itself and until they sort it out, can't see a way round that, but once set , it's set because it's in the locally saved config and persistent.

the amazon and openswift things are a litle more tricky, amazon in particular , there documentation mentions a vendor code when installing the SDK.

SSL, is something i need to think long and hard about implementing, the openssl library and the necessary apache modules are installed and active, but it's damn apache rewrites i've got to consider. just rewriting to localhost 443 has two issues, any links clicked will be localhost/* and will fail in browser, also if redirect to 443 you can't have any other service on that port in docker etc... because if you remap in template the rewrite apache rule will again link to localhost/443/* and won't work.

This is brilliant... Is there a way to map folders in unRAID shares and be visible on Pydio?

Thank you for this sir!

for now you can edit the template in dockerman and add them in yourself

choose names for the container side that are not linux folders already and then map them to unraid folders on the host side like normal.

docker will create the volumes and you can browse to them from pydio.

You need to do 3 things.

1-add Mapping on docker config(how say sparkly)

2- Add repository in your pydio service

3- Add permission on the repository for every user you want to access(pydio users)

If you map your unraid directory for exemple to this /data/home videos  --> /mnt/user/videos/home videos

In your pydio service you need to add /data/home videos as repository,

With this you can now find & see your files from pydio.

It's work awesome ;)

As far as the ssl issue with the local host name can you prompt for a new and put it in the conf file before it complies the self sign cert as a subject alternative name.  I have ssl certs with 20 subject alternative names.  It a must especially if you put boxes behind load balancers.

As far as the ssl issue with the local host name can you prompt for a new and put it in the conf file before it complies the self sign cert as a subject alternative name.  I have ssl certs with 20 subject alternative names.  It a must especially if you put boxes behind load balancers.

prompt for a new name in a docker ???????

Solved it!....

I overlooked that the installation of the software uses the root directory of the server, not /ajaxplorer as shown in the defaults and help page

So on the setting page for WEBDAV, change the Shares URI to /shares (default is ajaxplorer/shares)

Working great now, thanks!

Solved it!....

I overlooked that the installation of the software uses the root directory of the server, not /ajaxplorer as shown in the defaults and help page

So on the setting page for WEBDAV, change the Shares URI to /shares (default is ajaxplorer/shares)

Working great now, thanks!

good to hear..

Sparkly it's working like a champ

I think that most people need extra plugins , that it's interesting to your docker have.

https://github.com/darylounet/access.hubic

Hubic/Dropbox/Openstack Swift plugin :P

I'm thinking to donate you some $ for your work :P

Thanks!

i'll take a look at that plugin soon, i added in Oauth to satisfy the dropbox requirments in the default plugins for pydio.