[DOCKER] Websync

Very much a work in progress , hence in my beta repo.

may need some help with this one (especially the ssh stuff for remote locations) , but I thought it would be a useful container, so here it is.

it's a webui for rsync.

this will be the official support thread going forward.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DATA LOSS WHATSOEVER, THIS IS BETA SOFTWARE, SO IF YOU END UP DELETING STUFF, DON'T WANNA HEAR ABOUT IT

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I will be happy to be a beta tester let me know what you need to test I have access to remote locations and a test server that if it blows up is easy to rebuild

just try and break it basically.....

other than that, see how it handles rsync tasks and whether the scheduling works.

I will be happy to be a beta tester let me know what you need to test I have access to remote locations and a test server that if it blows up is easy to rebuild

just try and break it basically.....

other than that, see how it handles rsync tasks and whether the scheduling works.

Not sure this is exactly what I need, but any ideas on how to go about a one way copy from a windows laptop to my unraid array, I guess this is for a one way copy from unraid array to another pc/location right?

• 3 weeks later...

Just stumbled across this! but i cannot seem to get the transfer to physically happen

I have mapped Source which appears to be correct and is selecting the files for transfer. It appears to be copying to somewhere, just not where i thought i had directed it.

I have attached the docker settings, websync settings, success report and the putty empty directory.

Can you have a look and see why i have gone wrong?

Also I noticed when editing the container that the Tasks section is blank, does it not store previously configured tasks?

settings.png.62d6e842f5283160d2efc7762ec595b0.png

no_result.png.e61cb26efced10a7295856dd5e19c9d8.png

rysnc_settings.png.a7981d59fd527f3dbb18534fe32cb87c.png

Success.png.f52840a64b76bc3585e7500bc0637e9e.png

I have just renamed the external USB disk (mounted with Unassigned Devices plugin) from TOSHIBA_EXT to TOSHIBA just incase there was any issue with the underscore.

in the /disks/ directory there is now TOSHIBA/ which links to the USB disk, and there is also TOSHIBA_EXT which has the rsynced files in but this is not the external disk??

so i have no idea where this is, it has created a folder duplicating the drive mounted name in the /mnt/disks/ section - will try and track down if this is cache or array.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a really nice docker.

So far, by far and away the best simple backup solution to backup my UnRAID server to an external HDD.

A few suggestions:

1. notifications, if scheduled. An email perhaps?

2. 'marcos' - instead of having to set up rsync options one-by-one, could we have some 'tags' that add common used functions (e.g.: backup new files only)

3. persistence! Probably the most import one. If i stop/start the docker all my configurations are lost. *** this seems to be working now ***

4. Easy way to view previous scheduled runs

I really hope you continue with this. UnRAID is crying out for a simple, light, easy to use backup solution.