Xamindar's docker repository - Syncthing and Quassel-core

I'm changing this thread into the support thread for my repository. Will make it easier for the templates to have the same url in them all. Please feel free to report any issues or ask any questions about my dockers in this thread.

NEW: Quassel-core - have an always-connected IRC client that you can connect to with Linux/MaxOS/Windows/Android. Sort of like an IRC bouncer, but different.

Here is a new Syncthing docker that resolves a couple of the issues I had with the existing one.

-an auto-update of syncthing no longer spawns multiple instances. It updates cleanly, closes, and then supervisor restarts it.

-adding sync folders is still a little difficult in syncthing. I have set /syncfolders as a root that I personally link to a "syncthing" share on my array containing all of my sync folders. But you should be able to add multiple mounted folders when creating the container if that is what you would like.

Anyway, here is the repository link: https://github.com/xamindar/docker-containers/tree/master/docker-templates

Just like any other, add that to the "Template repositories" section of the docker page.

Let me know if you have any questions.

My plan for today was to get syncthing up and running, tried BTSync a while ago but OpenSource every time for me!

Working great and I can now see my master plan coming together!

My plan is to use SyncThing to keep my wife's laptop synced with my Unraid machine and then she can access her files from Owncloud.  Surely that's got to meet with some approval.

I haven't tried gfjardim's container as I thought it would be helpful to you to have someone try this.  I'll give his a go too in the interests of fair play, but yours is working perfectly. 

I wasn't too clear on the issue with gfjardims' container as I was unfamiliar with the app until this morning.

gfjardim's works fine, it just gets multiple instances running when it auto-updates. A restart of the container works around that problem. But that's not what I wanted to have to do. For example, the dropbox one does the same multiple instance thing after a while, and when it does this my unraid cpus shoot to 100% until I kill one of the dropbox instances or restart the container.

Thanks for testing it by the way. I'm finding syncthing completely filling the role I had for btsync, and it is a little simpler as well in that you only have one key per machine (as apposed to a separate key for each folder). I use unraid as my central syncthing hub and sync all other devices with it.

gfjardim if you read this, I fixed it by adding this environment variable: STNORESTART="1"

<Port>

<HostPort>8384</HostPort>

<ContainerPort>8384</ContainerPort>

<Protocol>tcp</Protocol>

</Port>

are this setting correct?

with gfjardim's docker i need to set ContainerPort to 8080 to get webgui to work, like this:

<Port>

<ContainerPort>8080</ContainerPort>

<Protocol>tcp</Protocol>

</Port>

<Port>

<ContainerPort>8384</ContainerPort>

<Protocol>tcp</Protocol>

</Port>

are this setting correct?

with gfjardim's docker i need to set ContainerPort to 8080 to get webgui to work, like this:

<Port>

<ContainerPort>8080</ContainerPort>

<Protocol>tcp</Protocol>

</Port>

8384 is the webgui port and yes it is correct. Syncthing has changed to that port in recent versions and I felt it made sense to have it match in the docker as well.

See here: https://github.com/syncthing/syncthing/wiki/Firewalls-and-Port-Forwards

• 2 weeks later...

Syncthing docker has been internally updated to v0.11.6, supervisord pid file location moved to /config.

Added new Quassel-core docker. Make sure you switch to advanced view if you want to modify the SSL certificate variables to something other than default.

• 3 weeks later...

So far your syncthing docker is working well except one thing.

None of my clients see the syncthing docker unless I give them the static address but they still see each other over dynamic.

Its not really a problem for me, it just left me scratching my head.

None of my clients see the syncthing docker unless I give them the static address but they still see each other over dynamic.

Thanks for the feedback. Can you explain further? Are you not using the global discovery server (udp4://announce.syncthing.net:22026) and then taking out the dynamic in each connected device and putting in static addresses? I'd like to try to reproduce your issue.

Thanks for the feedback. Can you explain further? Are you not using the global discovery server (udp4://announce.syncthing.net:22026) and then taking out the dynamic in each connected device and putting in static addresses? I'd like to try to reproduce your issue.

??? NVM I think unRAID 6.0-rc6 fixed this.  :P

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Any chance that we can roll the discover service in to this docker for those that want to self host everything?

I have been busy and haven't had time to do this (wife pregnant with twins), but it is planned.

Syncthing docker has been rebuilt with 0.12.2. The web gui would not update it on my system so I rebuilt the docker image. Just update the docker from the unraid interface. This is a major update that is not compatible with the 0.11.x releases so you will want to update all of your systems to the 0.12 release at the same time.

• 2 months later...

Any chance that we can roll the discover service in to this docker for those that want to self host everything?

The syncthing docker has been updated to include the discovery and relay servers. They are disabled by default to ensure the syncthing docker remains a standard syncthing instance as before. To enable them, see the environment variables under the advanced section.

While this docker should auto-update just fine, you will probably need to delete it and re-install it in order to make use of the new options from the template. Just make a note (or screenshot) of the "Update container" page with your current settings, delete the container, then re-install it with your same settings/mount mappings in addition to any use of the new features. Syncthing will continue to work as before as long as it has access to the same config folder and data locations.

• 2 months later...

i installed your syncthing last night. It seems to be working on my unraid box and my mobile phone even when remote.

since i didn't do any port forwarding how do the device connect? Is it over a secure connection?

Thanks,jb

Recent versions of syncthing use an outside relay service to break through NAT without the need to port forward. My understanding is this is slower though.

• 3 years later...

New to Unraid and generally a hack...

So let's say I have a couple of shares - media and ebooks - for example.

I get this error:

2019-06-22 20:26:38: Creating folder: mkdir /syncfolders/Sync/: permission denied

2019-06-22 20:26:38: Creating folder marker: open /syncfolders/Sync/.stfolder: no such file or directory

2019-06-22 20:26:38: Stopping folder "what-ever" - folder path missing

For Host Path 2 - I tried changing it? No matter what I put in there, when I launch the docker WebUI, it always shows the default share as /syncfolders/Sync/

Thanks!

• 6 months later...

I'm going to deprecate Syncthing and Quassel-Core.  They appear to be very out of date (last build was 3 years ago), whereas an up to date container is available from LinuxServer.  If this is not the case, then please reply here.

This does not mean that you are unable to reinstall this container should the need arise.  Previous Apps within the Apps tab will still show this version.

And to stave off the inevitable questions, I do not have any advice on migrating from this one to the lsio version.