wake on lan question

so i have a quick question about wake on lan functionality with my unraid server...

just as some quick background, i'm new to unraid and using version 4.5 beta 6 with an ecs a740gm-m mobo.

unraid boots just fine without issues. i can telnet in and on every boot up, ethtool tells me that wol is disabled. so if i enable it and then put the computer to sleep (via telnet with "echo 3 >/proc/acpi/sleep"), it wakes up without any problems using a magic packet. then it gets confusing. after waking back up, ethtool tells me that wol is still enabled, but if i put the computer back to sleep, it does NOT wake up using a magic packet (even if i "re-enable" wol through ethtool prior to putting it back to sleep). so basically, if i boot up from it being completely off and then put the server to sleep, it will wake up. but if i start from a sleep state, put it to sleep and try to wake it up, it will not wake up.

i'm a linux novice, so it's possible that it's something totally obvious that i'm just missing. any ideas? thanks in advance!!

I had that problem with one mobo... the 2.6.30.1 kernel fixed it.

Hmmm, that's nice, but afaik this kernel is NOT used with unraid? I have read, that the newer kernel made some improvements, but I am not able to change a kernel - so I changed my motherboard to a working one...