Intel Celeron NUC DN2820FYKH0 *AUSTRALIAN STORE* AUD $155 per Unit

June 7th 2015 - Intel NUC DN2820FYKH0

http://www.shoppingexpress.com.au/buy/intel-nuc-dn2820fykh0-n2820-mini-pc-kit/BOXDN2820FYKH0

Perfect Box for Openelec or even Windows to act as an HTPC (Includes IR receiver which can turn the box on and off via remote).

$155 per unit and $10 delivery. Cheapest I can find at the moment.

My plan to run Openelec from VM's without having a video card per VM looks doomed to failure so I have just ordered 2 of these.

You will have to procure a hdd(1), memory(2), and OS(3) for the device:

Note 1: Any 2.5" Sata Drive should do (SSD or HD - although I would recommend a SSD for speed). The device does NOT support mSSD drives.

Note 2: Device Only supports 1x SODIMM DDR3L 1.35V. Please see compatible SODIMM memory I am aware of below.

Kingston KVR16LS11/4 - 1x4GB, PC3-12800 1600MHz, 1.35V, CL11, DDR3L SODIMM

Kingston KVR16LS11/8 - 1x8GB, PC3-12800 1600MHz, 1.35V, CL11, DDR3L SODIMM

Crucial 4GB - (1x4GB) PC3-12800 1600MHz, CL11, Unbuffered, NON-ECC, 1.35V, DDR3 SODIMM

Crucial 8GB - (1x8GB) PC3-12800 1600MHz, CL11, Unbuffered, NON-ECC, 1.35V, DDR3 SODIMM

Note 3: I have successfully tested this device with Windows 7, Windows 8 and 8.1, Ubuntu and Openelec (for an HTPC go with this, its awesome!!!).

Daniel

Based on your suggestion, I've been "playing" a bit with OpenElec ==> definitely impressive.

At the moment I don't need to move that way, as I have Windows 7 PC's at every TV (tiny little Acer Revo's at 2 of them; a custom i5-based system in an Antec Fusion case at another).

... But the nifty little NUC's would certainly be nearly perfect for OpenElec boxes.    I may have to buy a NUC just to play with as well  :)