unRAID Server Release 6.0-rc6-x86_64 Available

Well I'm systematically finding the issue on all my containers, pretty sure Plex as well, and that uses host networking...

I'm finding if I edit then save a container that restores connectivity for me.  Going through them all and then going to try a reboot.

Same thing, if I do a save on the container (even with no changes) it rebuilds the container and fixes the issue.

I think Tom had mentioned this in another post.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After updating to rc6 all my dockers disappeared from the docker menu.

The docker image is still in place in the docker settings and all my appdata is still there, but no dockers are being reported under the docker tab.

I am trying to recreate them from the templates which are still available from the container menu, however im getting at ton of errors trying to start the containers.

Just as a heads up.

Did your shares disappear?

No only difference is all dockers are gone - Shares and everything else (plugins etc.) are working as before the update. Not quite sure what is going on.

Where is your docker.img located? Is that still there and on a cache only share?

On a drive outside the array - I have since deleted the docker image and recreated it and now i can recreate the containers from the templates without errors. No idea what happened but it seems to be working again now.

Well I'm systematically finding the issue on all my containers, pretty sure Plex as well, and that uses host networking...

I'm finding if I edit then save a container that restores connectivity for me.  Going through them all and then going to try a reboot.

Same thing, if I do a save on the container (even with no changes) it rebuilds the container and fixes the issue.

Confirmed.  I Edited my Emby container, clicked Save and DNS appears to be working.

John

I have always run my Plex in host mode and I have issues with metadata often (that is grabbing media covers etc.), a rebuild of the Docker always fixes it.

Yeah I remember doing it on one of the earlier betas or RCs,  just hope it survives a reboot.  Right pain in the hole.

Didn't survive a reboot...  :(

I'm rolling back to RC5, sure hope this isn't going to end up as the final release.  ::)

I'm still having trouble updating.  I'm on rc4, but checking for plugin updates still says unRAID is up-to-date.  Do plugins impact whether you see an unRAID update?

try running a ping from telnet to confirm you've got internet connectivity, other than that I suppose you could update manually by replacing bzimage & bzroot.

i just added this to extra parameters in a container that doesn't connect and it's connected after one reboot so far, not exactly rigorous testing i know...

--dns 8.8.8.8

make that 2 reboots now.

also sab and headphones are connecting with this in extra parameters.

i just added this to extra parameters in a container that doesn't connect and it's connected after one reboot so far, not exactly rigorous testing i know...

--dns 8.8.8.8

Has worked for me too.

Incidentally all my docker containers disappeared as well, docker.img is on a drive mounted with the plugin Unassigned Devices, this was mounted and docker.img was present.  Restarted the docker service and all came up fine, so I assume that the docker service started before the drive was mounted.

--dns 8.8.8.8

make that 2 reboots now.

3 reboots and no connectivity issues with the containers i added it to.

--dns 8.8.8.8

make that 2 reboots now.

Trying now, will report back.

I'm still having trouble updating.  I'm on rc4, but checking for plugin updates still says unRAID is up-to-date.  Do plugins impact whether you see an unRAID update?

try running a ping from telnet to confirm you've got internet connectivity, other than that I suppose you could update manually by replacing bzimage & bzroot.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'm able to ping google from my unRAID box.

Can you imagine some way user error could be at fault here?  All I'm doing is hitting the Check for Updates button.

Can you imagine some way user error could be at fault here?  All I'm doing is hitting the Check for Updates button.

Not even I can mess up clicking update... I think you've established it's not your fault.

Maybe try checking your syslog for FAT-fs issues.

--dns 8.8.8.8

make that 2 reboots now.

I set mine to --dns 192.168.1.1 and after a reboot they all connected. Worked.

--dns 8.8.8.8

make that 2 reboots now.

Does setting the overall dns for docker instead of on a container-basis achieve the same success? http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39604.msg376106.msg#376106