[support] macesters's Docker Repository

Mace docker repo

Been back for awhile gonna try to get the time to update it all.

EAP Controller    [Stable]

- First release.

qBittorrent    [Stable]

- First release.

- Update to qbitTorrent 3.3.2

- Update to qbitTorrent 3.3.3

DDclient  [Stable]

- First release.

Darkstat  [Stable]

- Updated to "phusion/baseimage:0.9.17"

- Updated to Darkstat 3.0.719

Cloudflare-ddns  [Stable]

Openvpn-as  [Stable]

- Complete rewrite - Last code diden´t survive upgrades of openvpn and sometimes got corrupted on docker rebuilds. New code to better fit unRAID permissions and Phusion template. (Need to set a new config directory/ or clear old one- if upgrading).

- Updated to openvpn-as 2.0.20.

- Admin username changed, "admin" and password "openvpn". (openvpn user gets auto removed)

- Default tcp port changed from 443 to 9443.

- All username/password variables removed, now uses internal database.

- "INTERFACE" variable added, fixes bond0 issues.

- Openvpn is now running as nobody:users.

- Fix error that "/mnt/user/(appdata) coulden´t be used.

- Openvpn-as, updated to 2.0.21

-Add variable for pipework, "PIPEWORK". (dont use INTERFACE variable,)

- "PIPEWORK=yes" will set container interface to eth1 and change port 9443/tcp to 443/tcp it will also wait with starting openvpn until "pipework" container is up.

- http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=43970.0  -  https://hub.docker.com/r/dreamcat4/pipework/

Upgrade Phusion base-image.

*Revert to previous Phusion base-image.(New image is bugged)

Phusion base-image.(Upgrade sys-log)

Add apt-get upgrade for security updates should have been enabled along time ago

Update to openvpn-as openvpn-as-2.0.24

For EAP controller docker

"Config" directory needs to be mapped to a direct path, "/mnt/config/appdata/EAP"", "/mnt/disk1/appdata/EAP"". The reason for this is that mongodb cant start with the fuse "shfs" unraid uses,

Havent looked into it super much so this might change or rather hopefully will(eap is calling the start of mongodb from its java script so abit tricky).

For a custom cert(letsencrypt etc...), stop the container and put the cert in "/config/cert" it needs to be named "mydomain.p12" and have the password "tplink"(or dont set a password).

The password it hardcoded in the controller(mailed them about it but no answer).

A simple LE export would look like this:

(openssl pkcs12 -export -inkey /source/privkey.pem -in /source/cert.pem -certfile /source/chain.pem -name eap -out /mnt/cache/appdata/eap-controller/cert/mydomain.p12 -password pass:tplink)

For openvpn docker

Issues

'Internal Server Error' with this "CPage error in CLogin/locateChild"

Your docker image dosent have sufficent free space, increase the size in docker settings. (atleast 2GB is needed)

For a fully working vpn server that can reach resources on your home LAN it´s pretty simple.

Configuration section:

Server Network Settings (tab)

Hostname or IP Address:

(external ip or dnas name ex, myunraid.dyndns.org).

VPN Settings                  (tab)

Routing - "Specify the private subnets to which all clients should be given access":

(add your home LAN ex, 192.168.1.0/24 bellow the line 172.17.0.0/16)

DNS Settings - Have clients use these DNS servers:

(primary dns 8.8.8.8 secondary dns 8.8.4.4)

User Management section:

User Permissions           (tab)

Add vpn users with passwords (only two users can be connected at the same time for the free license)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Router configuration

Check your Router/Gateway manual and forward port tcp/943 tcp/9443(tcp/443 if pipework is enabled) and udp/1194

Notes

On your client surf to https://myunraid.dyndns.org:943 and login with the vpnuser details. (port 9443 can also be used as webGui, 443 if pipework is enabled)

A side note is that in the .ovpn file for your client you might want to remove the line that says myunraid.dyndns.org:9443 and just keep the lines with myunraid.dyndns.org:1194 for a big speed improvment. (so it uses udp instead of tcp as default)

Or disable tcp/9443 connections in the webui (no need to forward port tcp/9443 in your router)

Edited by macester

OpenVPN works great

I just installed it, set up the ports and the Duckdns forwarding address, created two users and gave them access to the internal network

Then I just imported the profile on android from the client web server

It couldn't be easier

I used to use openvpn prior to kitkat on android. For some reason after kitkat, I could not get any android openvpn clients to connect to the openvpn server on ddwrt. Spent so many hours messing with a million different server options before giving up and using pptp

Thanks so much for this. I didn't have to mess with any server settings, it was a breeze to set up

Man, I forgot how much faster openvpn was compared to pptp

With pptp (running on a Netgear WNDR3300 with dd-wrt), I was getting a steady 350KB/s. With openvpn on unraid, same connections, I'm getting a steady 4MB/s. It is flying.

Thanks again

Im tempted but i have a pfsense box already vpn to somewhere else.

With pptp (running on a Netgear WNDR3300 with dd-wrt), I was getting a steady 350KB/s. With openvpn on unraid, same connections, I'm getting a steady 4MB/s. It is flying.

Thanks again

You could always change the ports in the webui and try it out ;)

Thanks again

Could be the processor improvement between your Netgear and your unRAID box.  My understanding is there's actually more overhead involved with OpenVPN versus PPTP due to the enhanced encryption.

Thanks again

Could be the processor improvement between your Netgear and your unRAID box.  My understanding is there's actually more overhead involved with OpenVPN versus PPTP due to the enhanced encryption.

You're right that most of the speed bump is likely due to the processor and ram, etc. But I used to run openvpn on the same router (back when it used to work with  pre-kitkat android devices) and it was faster than pptp. Not by a whole lot, but certainly faster than the 300KB/s, maybe about 600KB/s or so (can't remember the exact number now). Probably due to their implementation in dd-wrt.

But getting almost maximum upload speed through this docker is pretty incredible.

Thanks again

On my list to do and break stuff !!

You could always change the ports in the webui and try it out ;)

I am having an issue getting this working...

I am using this on openmediavault, a debian based NAS, and have permission issues I think...

STDERR:

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/start_openvpnas.sh...

id: drew: no such user

chpasswd: (user ) pam_chauthtok() failed, error:

Authentication token manipulation error

chpasswd: (line 1, user ) password not changed

/etc/init.d/openvpnas: line 91: /usr/local/openvpn_as/scripts/openvpnas: Permission denied

*** /etc/my_init.d/start_openvpnas.sh failed with status 1

*** Killing all processes...

rsync: link_stat "/tmp/openvpn_as" failed: No such file or directory (2)

rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1183) [sender=3.1.0]

rm: cannot remove ‘/tmp/openvpn_as’: No such file or directory

/etc/init.d/openvpnas: line 91: /usr/local/openvpn_as/scripts/openvpnas: Permission denied

I gave my config folder for openvpn-as full RW permission, but when the docker is run the permissions change and it looks like the config folder cannot be read or written to.

In your dockerfile I think this is the line that is causing my host systems config folder to have permission issues when the container is built or started....

# Copy Installed files to temp directory to later be copied to host directory in start script

chown -R openvpn:users /usr/local/openvpn_as

chmod 755 -R /usr/local/openvpn_as

rsync -a /usr/local/openvpn_as /tmp

Shouldn't this folder be owned by nobody:users, not openvpn_as?

Is there any solution for this?  I would appreciate any help!

Thanks

When I added the OpenVPN-AS container from the Community Applications plugin, I see the following docker run command was executed which sets the environment variables for usernames and passwords as the container is built:

/usr/bin/docker run -d --name="OpenVPN-AS" --net="host" --privileged="true" -e ADMIN_PASS="changeme_webui_pass" -e VPN_USER1="changeme_vpnuser" -e VPN_PASS1="changeme_user_pass" -e VPN_USER2="changeme_vpnuser" -e VPN_PASS2="changeme_user_pass" -e TZ="America/Mexico_City" -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/openvpn":"/usr/local/openvpn_as":rw mace/openvpn-as

How do I change the environment variables to the usernames and passwords I want as per the container description?

Notes

Environment Variables

Define the variables,

ADMIN_PASS (WebUI password),VPN_USER1 and VPN_USER2 (VPN user accounts), VPN_PASS1 and VPN_PASS2 (passwords for VPN user accounts).

Running the above command again substituting the desired variables values will simply result in the creation of another container.

When I added the OpenVPN-AS container from the Community Applications plugin, I see the following docker run command was executed which sets the environment variables for usernames and passwords as the container is built:

/usr/bin/docker run -d --name="OpenVPN-AS" --net="host" --privileged="true" -e ADMIN_PASS="changeme_webui_pass" -e VPN_USER1="changeme_vpnuser" -e VPN_PASS1="changeme_user_pass" -e VPN_USER2="changeme_vpnuser" -e VPN_PASS2="changeme_user_pass" -e TZ="America/Mexico_City" -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/openvpn":"/usr/local/openvpn_as":rw mace/openvpn-as

How do I change the environment variables to the usernames and passwords I want as per the container description?

Notes

Environment Variables

Define the variables,

ADMIN_PASS (WebUI password),VPN_USER1 and VPN_USER2 (VPN user accounts), VPN_PASS1 and VPN_PASS2 (passwords for VPN user accounts).

Running the above command again substituting the desired variables values will simply result in the creation of another container.

Edit container. In upper right, Advanced View slider will let you enter Environment variables.

I am using this on openmediavault, a debian based NAS, and have permission issues I think...

STDERR:

rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1183) [sender=3.1.0]

I gave my config folder for openvpn-as full RW permission, but when the docker is run the permissions change and it looks like the config folder cannot be read or written to.

In your dockerfile I think this is the line that is causing my host systems config folder to have permission issues when the container is built or started....

# Copy Installed files to temp directory to later be copied to host directory in start script

Thanks

Hi, sorry for the late replay been on vacation.

"Shouldn't this folder be owned by nobody:users, not openvpn_as?"

Nope thats just from an unraid template.

The reason it works on unraid is that it´s gets sufficent permissions from the unraid config. (depending on user "UUID´s and GID")

However I noticed a typo on my end, the directories should be owned by the user "openvpn_as" not "openvpn". Now the folders are owned by "UUID 1000"(openvpn) but the procces owner  has "UUID 1001"(openvpn_as).

I just made some changes, so try it now and make sure that the user with "UUID 1000"(should be openvpn_as now) on the OMV box has the sufficent permissions

I tested it on a Debian wheezy VM with backports kernel 3.16 and docker 1.7, and a config directory owned my the user with UUID 1000 and it seems to work just fine now.

//mace

Tried installing the OpenVPN-AS docker container on Unraid 6 final (fresh install / 5.x config set up 10 days ago) but can't get it to work (got several other docker containers running on Unraid atm).

I've added the environment variables, and mapped the data volume. When I try to access the Web UI (https://tower:943/admin) I get "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"

root@012ebad9e29a:/# tail -n 100 /var/log/openvpnas.log 
2015-06-30 10:53:21+0000 [-] Log opened.
2015-06-30 10:53:21+0000 [-] twistd 9.0.0 (/usr/local/openvpn_as/bin/python 2.7.6) starting up.
2015-06-30 10:53:21+0000 [-] reactor class: twisted.internet.epollreactor.EPollReactor.
2015-06-30 10:53:21+0000 [-] rmdir /usr/local/openvpn_as/etc/db_push
2015-06-30 10:53:22+0000 [-] ACCESS SERVER starting, version=2.0.17
2015-06-30 10:53:22+0000 [-] Max open files set to (4096, 4096)
2015-06-30 10:53:22+0000 [-] /etc/resolv.conf changed, reparsing
2015-06-30 10:53:22+0000 [-] Resolver added ('193.213.112.4', 53) to server list
2015-06-30 10:53:22+0000 [-] Resolver added ('130.67.15.198', 53) to server list
2015-06-30 10:53:22+0000 [-] Resolver added ('192.168.1.1', 53) to server list
2015-06-30 10:53:23+0000 [-] twisted.web.server.Site starting on "u'/usr/local/openvpn_as/etc/sock/sagent'"
2015-06-30 10:53:23+0000 [-] *** MyError.report ***
2015-06-30 10:53:23+0000 [-] Stack Traceback
2015-06-30 10:53:23+0000 [-] ('build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/pyovpn/sagent/svcset.py', 147, 'transition', None)
2015-06-30 10:53:23+0000 [-] ('build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/pyovpn/sagent/svcset.py', 626, '__init__', None)
2015-06-30 10:53:23+0000 [-] ('build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/pyovpn/sagent/svcset.py', 549, 'bind', None)
2015-06-30 10:53:23+0000 [-] ('build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/pyovpn/sagent/svcset.py', 482, 'bind_unix', None)
2015-06-30 10:53:23+0000 [-] ('build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/pyovpn/sagent/svcset.py', 464, 'listen', None)
2015-06-30 10:53:23+0000 [-] ('/usr/local/openvpn_as/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Twisted-9.0.0-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/twisted/application/service.py', 185, 'setServiceParent', 'self.parent.addService(self)')
2015-06-30 10:53:23+0000 [-] ('/usr/local/openvpn_as/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Twisted-9.0.0-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/twisted/application/service.py', 304, 'addService', 'service.privilegedStartService()')
2015-06-30 10:53:23+0000 [-] ('/usr/local/openvpn_as/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Twisted-9.0.0-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/twisted/application/internet.py', 85, 'privilegedStartService', 'self._port = self._getPort()')
2015-06-30 10:53:23+0000 [-] ('/usr/local/openvpn_as/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Twisted-9.0.0-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/twisted/application/internet.py', 116, '_getPort', '*self.args, **self.kwargs)')
2015-06-30 10:53:23+0000 [-] ('/usr/local/openvpn_as/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Twisted-9.0.0-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/twisted/internet/posixbase.py', 314, 'listenUNIX', 'p.startListening()')
2015-06-30 10:53:23+0000 [-] ('/usr/local/openvpn_as/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Twisted-9.0.0-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/twisted/internet/unix.py', 91, 'startListening', 'raise CannotListenError, (None, self.port, le)')
2015-06-30 10:53:23+0000 [-] Server agent initialization failed: Couldn't listen on any:/usr/local/openvpn_as/etc/sock/sagent: [Errno 38] Function not implemented.: sagent/svcset:147,sagent/svcset:626,sagent/svcset:549,sagent/svcset:482,sagent/svcset:464,application/service:185,application/service:304,application/internet:85,application/internet:116,internet/posixbase:314,internet/unix:91 (twisted.internet.error.CannotListenError)
2015-06-30 10:53:23+0000 [-] Main loop terminated.
2015-06-30 10:53:23+0000 [-] Server Shut Down.

Tried installing the OpenVPN-AS docker container on Unraid 6 final (fresh install / 5.x config set up 10 days ago) but can't get it to work (got several other docker containers running on Unraid atm).

I've added the environment variables, and mapped the data volume. When I try to access the Web UI (https://tower:943/admin) I get "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"

Same error here

Have you guys tried to just stop the container and starting it again? seems to correct some permissions the second time openvpn-as starts up.

If not try removing the configs and the directories on unraid, then install it and do a restart of the docker.

(the new docker build just went through so should be an update avaible now.)

BTW, you guys dont have any other dockers that listen on port tcp/443 or tcp/943?

//mace

STDERR:

Thanks

Hi, sorry for the late replay been on vacation.

"Shouldn't this folder be owned by nobody:users, not openvpn_as?"

Nope thats just from an unraid template.

The reason it works on unraid is that it´s gets sufficent permissions from the unraid config. (depending on user "UUID´s and GID")

However I noticed a typo on my end, the directories should be owned by the user "openvpn_as" not "openvpn". Now the folders are owned by "UUID 1000"(openvpn) but the procces owner  has "UUID 1001"(openvpn_as).

I just made some changes, so try it now and make sure that the user with "UUID 1000"(should be openvpn_as now) on the OMV box has the sufficent permissions

I tested it on a Debian wheezy VM with backports kernel 3.16 and docker 1.7, and a config directory owned my the user with UUID 1000 and it seems to work just fine now.

//mace

Thanks for getting back to me!

Still no luck though...I created 2 users on my machine, openvpn_as (UID:1000, group users) and openvpn, (UID:1001, group users)....

The config folder for my docker is owned by openvps_as permission 755.

When I start the container is immediately restarts with the error:

STDOUT

* Restarting openvpnas openvpnas

...fail!

Nothing to Move!, Continuing...

...fail!

Nothing to Move!, Continuing...

...fail!......

STDERR

Repeatedly....

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Rewrote it completely...

Either create a folder on lets say a samba share, then in omv check the acl for the share/subfolder that the group users have full R/W/E perms and click Apply permissions to files and subfolders.

Or,

mkdir -p /docker_configs/openvpn_config
chmod 775 -R /dockerdata
chown 99:users -R /dockerdata

and after that, run:

docker run -d --net="host" --privileged --name=openvpnas -v /docker_configs/openvpn_config:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -e ADMIN_PASS=myadminpassword -e VPN_USER1=vpnuser1 -e VPN_PASS1=mypassword1 -e VPN_USER2=vpnuser2 -e VPN_PASS2=mypassword2 mace/openvpn-as

Tested both ways on an OMV 2.1 and an Ubuntu 14.04  install, and works without a hitch.

Or just say Frack it! and "chmod 777"  :P

//mace

Same error here

OpenVPN container was working yesterday on the June 13 build.  At least it was working as far as being able to access the WebUI and poke around in the setup.  I had to remove the OpenVPN container today and reinstall it because of something I messed up and wanted to reset the whole thing from scratch.  Ever since the reinstall, the WebUI is also inaccessible for me.

Stop and restart container does not resolve problem.  I am not seeing the other errors being reported here, but, I can't access the WebUI, I get "cannot establish connection the server at [ipaddress]:943" error.  Nothing else is using ports 943 or 443.

Same error here

OpenVPN container was working yesterday on the June 13 build.  At least it was working as far as being able to access the WebUI and poke around in the setup.  I had to remove the OpenVPN container today and reinstall it because of something I messed up and wanted to reset the whole thing from scratch.  Ever since the reinstall, the WebUI is also inaccessible for me.

Stop and restart container does not resolve problem.  I am not seeing the other errors being reported here, but, I can't access the WebUI, I get "cannot establish connection the server at [ipaddress]:943" error.  Nothing else is using ports 943 or 443.

Remove the container and image, and then clear the config directory (or choose another location). After that it should work and with the rewrite of the docker it should survive upgrades/rebuilds in the future.  :)

PS. Do an update in the Community Applications, it was rebuild and updated about an hour ago.

Remove the container and image, and then clear the config directory (or choose another location). After that it should work and with the rewrite of the docker it should survive upgrades/rebuilds in the future.  :)

PS. Do an update in the Community Applications, it was rebuild and updated about an hour ago.

Removed container and image, removed entire openvpn folder and subfolders in docker appdata share, reinstalled OpenVPN from Community Applications, set environment variables, rechecked port forwarding in router.  Still cannot access WebUI.  :-\

Removed container and image, removed entire openvpn folder and subfolders in docker appdata share, reinstalled OpenVPN from Community Applications, set environment variables, rechecked port forwarding in router.  Still cannot access WebUI.  :-\

Here are some things you can check

Can you reach the webui locally? ex, https://192.168.1.100:443 or https://192.168.1.100:943?

What does the log say? if you click the little notepad icon to the right in the docker tab.

Does the appdata/config/ folder pupulate with files/folders? should be two folders in there /config and /logs.

BTW i think managed to reproduce the error,

Are you useing something like "/mnt/user/appdata/openvpn/"?

Try the disk directly instead "/mnt/cache/appdata/openvpn/", does that work?

I had tried deleting the config dir / box and setting it up again.

but!

Container worked flawlessly after updating, didn't have to do any changes or anything.

Great work, thanks a lot. Used to run OpenVPN-AS in a VM on a box at home, much better to have it as a docker container on my file server

Just as a clarification, the only time you need to update apps in CA is if an update to the template occurs.  And if an update occurred to the template, then dockerMan may or may not pick up the changes that CA saw.  In that situation, its best to delete the existing references on the flash drive (/boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates and templates-user)