Parity check running - unable to access the Web UI

So I started a parity check last night and it immediately became apparent that the Web UI was hanging.  It's still running this morning but still no access...

Looking around I can runfrom the command line:

/root/mdcmd status | egrep "mdResync|mdState|sbSync

But from that I have no idea how long is left.  Any ideas?

@Limetech support:  I see I am not the only one with this issue with the Web UI hanging on parity check:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=37442.msg346205#msg346205

& on Unraid 5:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=35539.msg331008#msg331008

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=26989.msg236528#msg236528

cp /var/log/syslog /boot/syslog.txt

Now your system log is in the root of your flash.  Access it via network and post.

Would it not be worth now to start recommending that on v6.0 that the 'diagnostics' command is run as this is no more effort and provides more than just the syslog?  It also creates a ZIP file which is convenient for uploading to the forum.

Now your system log is in the root of your flash.  Access it via network and post.

Would it not be worth now to start recommending that on v6.0 that the 'diagnostics' command is run as this is no more effort and provides more than just the syslog?  It also creates a ZIP file which is convenient for uploading to the forum.

He says "webUI is hanging" meaning he probably can't get to that Diagnostics tool.  Besides probably the syslog is enough to tell the tale in this case.

He says "webUI is hanging" meaning he probably can't get to that Diagnostics tool.  Besides probably the syslog is enough to tell the tale in this case.

Correct I can't reach the Web UI at all, either last night or this morning.  SSH is no problem.

I did not suggest going to the Diagnostics tool in the GUI.  I suggested typing the 'diagnostics' command from the CLI which achieves the same effect.  If it is possible to type in the suggested 'cp' command then it is also possible to type the 'diagnostics' command.  Not that the syslog might not be sufficient in this case but asking for the diagnostics output can be a standard response regardless of the problem type and in some cases that extra information might be important so why not get it up front.

See attached. Web UI still not reachable.

Let me know if you need anything else.

There is an issue with one of the 3rd party plugins, I'd guess 'unassigned devices'.  Boot in safe mode and no more problems.

Update on this.  I believe the parity check finished so I restarted the server.  Everything appeared to be in order, yet after starting to rsync some data back on to the server, the web UI is hanging again.  So I guess it must be one of the plugins that is playing up.  Either assigned devices or powerdown.  Any help appreciated.

syslog_2.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I removed both plug-ins; powerdown & unassigned devices, as well as disabling docker.

All went well, Web UI reacted and performed as one would expect.

Added docker back in and a few containers

No changes, everything still going great

Powerdown reinstalled

Again, everything fine after more than a week of playing around and no lock-ups

Last couple of days, reinstalled the unassigned devices plugin

5 minutes of navigating various menus, changing some settings etc... and bam, Web UI is down again

I see on there are various other users facing Web UI-responsiveness issues on the front page of General Support.  How can I provide more debugging / help on this issue?