[DOCKER] Mythtv

This will be the official support thread and a write up will follow at some stage, there are some wrinkles with using the setup routine on a live system , have to kill the backend from terminal before re-entering setup program.....

needs someone who is adept at scripting to take a look at the existing script for the setup program in mythtv and make some amendments to it for it work properly inside a container.

in lieu of a writeup (contrary to popular opinion i do sleep, lol), here is a short video showing getting live tv in less than 9 minutes from loading the docker for the first time...

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going forward we can update via the normal process unless told otherwise?

absolutely..

there won't be any user changes , and i can't foresee permissions changes unless there are issues found.

just pushing a new build with a "kill switch" getting placed on the rdp desktop, so users won't have to do any terminal action to stop the backend...

BTW...I have officially shutdown my Mythbuntu VM.  :)  I haven't deleted it yet...but I will soon enough.  I have all 4 OE clients pointing to the container.

Now I just need someone to develop a MythTV plugin for Emby and I'll be set!

EDIT:  and I have all 4 currently playing LiveTV and timeshifting.  No a single hiccup!

cool.....

give it a good test run, if there are any stability issues i have a supervisor based startup routine ready to implement if neccesary...

the sequence for using setup on a live system is to click  the bomb before using the setup program...

rather than trying to get that script i sent you in a pm to work , i'm trying to come up with my own to replace it....

BTW...I have officially shutdown my Mythbuntu VM.  :)  I haven't deleted it yet...but I will soon enough.  I have all 4 OE clients pointing to the container.

EDIT:  and I have all 4 currently playing LiveTV and timeshifting.  No a single hiccup!

can you PM me some screenies and basic instructions for setting hd homerun in the capture card screen....

can you PM me some screenies and basic instructions for setting hd homerun in the capture card screen....

Been following this one. Please include the hd homerun instructions in the thread. Thanks.

Been following this one. Please include the hd homerun instructions in the thread. Thanks.

i'm not writing any instructions, lol.

don't panic though, somebody else is... i'm a terrible communicator.

It's really the same as you showed in the video.  Just select HDHomeRun networked tuner from the drop down list and then select an available device.  I had to do this 4 times since I have two dual tuner HDHRs.  All of the rest of the info is auto-populated.

AZMOVzW.jpg?1

The only other thing that I change for each tuner is the Signal Timeout from 1000ms to 3000ms (since I am OTA and some signals are a little weak).  That is located in the Recording Options at the bottom of the screen above.

In the channel editor you can tell it to scan for icons.

I did it manually since I wanted my icons to look nice in Kodi.  I like 256x256 for Kodi.  Place the icons in ~/.mythtv/channels and then in the channel editor, edit each channel and provide the icon filename:

zmgEk6D.jpg?1

Kodi will pick them up.  Just be aware that if you make any changes to any icons, you will need to delete the cached versions on the Kodi client:  userdata\addon_data\pvr.mythtv\cache\channelIcon

Never even thought to check this before, but, Myth is successfully pulling EPG data automatically via mythfilldatabase...

Last mythfilldatabase run started on Thu Jul 2 2015, 3:42 AM and ended on Thu Jul 2 2015, 3:42 AM. Successful.
There's guide data until 2015-07-15 02:00:00 (13 day(s)).
DataDirect Status: Your subscription expires on Mon Mar 21 2016 10:46 AM

This thing has been rock solid!  :)

John