Install Plex via Docker, can I delete Appdata folder from Disk8?

I previously was using UnRaid version 5.0.5, and a few days ago, I upgraded to version 6.0.1.  I had Plex running in version 5, and I did not delete any information from the cache from this previous installation.

I went ahead and installed Plex via Docker.  Everything works with Plex.  However, I noticed that drive / disk 8 now has two folders.  One fold Media, and the second folder AppData.  Why would disk 8 have Appdata folder, and all of my other disk only have the Media folder, which contains Movies and TV Shows folder?

I looked at the date the appdata folder was created on disk 8, and it shows 7/1/2015.  I thought if any folder would be generated by installing Plex, they would be in the cache drive only?  Shouldn't all drives 1 through 8 have the same folder(s)?

I've got some pictures of what I am trying to explain.

Unraid_pic_2.jpg.e6b038eb35edf68ca5daaa6d15bf738e.jpg

Did you already have an appdata share set to cache-only? If not, then you haven't actually told unRAID to put the appdata share on cache and it just put it wherever. It might have initially wrote it to cache but then mover moved it to the array.

How much data do you have in your plex library?

I rather start clean. That way everything is fresh and less likely to cause issues. I'm at work right now, and I won't be home until 3:30 AM PST.

I followed the instructions from another post in the Plex Forum. On my last picture, you can see where I told Plex where the movies and tv shows were.

Anyway, what do I need to do to start fresh?  Delete all the Apodata folders and Plex folders?

In your posts, you refer to Appdata, but in your screenshot, it is appdata. You are aware that linux is case sensitive?

Remove the plex docker.

Check all of your drives and delete any appdata folder.

Stop and Start the array so unRAID will see you no longer have an appdata share.

Go to the Shares page and Add an appdata share. Set it to Use cache disk: Only.

Recreate your plex docker. I recommend specifying /mnt/cache/appdata instead of /mnt/user/appdata just for clarity.

In your posts, you refer to Appdata, but in your screenshot, it is appdata. You are aware that linux is case sensitive?

Remove the plex docker.

Check all of your drives and delete any appdata folder.

Stop and Start the array so unRAID will see you no longer have an appdata share.

Go to the Shares page and Add an appdata share. Set it to Use cache disk: Only.

Recreate your plex docker. I recommend specifying /mnt/cache/appdata instead of /mnt/user/appdata just for clarity.

Thanks. I'll do that as soon as my 1 yr old lets me lol. I found another issue to where when I use Plex out of network, the UnRaid server won't wake up / spin up the drive when. I have to spin up the drives from UnRaid GUI then it works.

Well, I haven't been able to do anything.  My 1 year old again, took the parity drive out while the server was on.  I'm hoping the drive isn't bad, but it says parity is invalid.  So, it running parity right now.

Thanks for the help guys, and I apologize for taking so long!

I've tried to delete all the appdata folders, and they remain there.  How do I removes shares?  I've got two shares applications and appdata?  May be if I remove both of those I'll be able to delete everything.

If you go the each shares Settings page, there is an entry Shares empty?. If this is Yes then there will also be a check box for you to delete the share. If it is No then there are still files in the share and it cannot be deleted.

Yeah, I can't figure out how to delete the files from these folders. I've been trying via Win 7 PC, but it won't let me.

You can either use the command line, mc, or probably the easiest would be to install either the Krusader or Dolphin docker

Yeah, I can't figure out how to delete the files from these folders. I've been trying via Win 7 PC, but it won't let me.

You can either use the command line, mc, or probably the easiest would be to install either the Krusader or Dolphin docker

Is there another post that can guide me on how to use either of those?

If you know how to telnet or use the console then mc is the easiest and quickest. Or we can probably tell you the exact commands to type at the command line.

Can you telnet? If not, do you have a keyboard and monitor attached to your server?

Using Dolphin is about the closest you can get to using Windows to directly work with your system.  Any problems you can post in Aptalca's support thread.  Haven't used Krusader, but its basically the same thing.

You'll probably be best off using Dolphin vs the command line or mc

If you know how to telnet or use the console then mc is the easiest and quickest. Or we can probably tell you the exact commands to type at the command line.

Can you telnet? If not, do you have a keyboard and monitor attached to your server?

I can telnet via Putty.

What do you get with?

ls -la /mnt/user

Tower login: root

Linux 4.0.4-unRAID.

root@Tower:~# ls -la /mnt/user

total 1069992

drwxrwxrwx  1 nobody users        144 Jul  6 09:57 ./

drwxr-xr-x 14 root  root          280 Jul  6 22:13 ../

drwxrwxrwx  1 nobody users          96 Mar  1 09:58 Media/

drwxrwxrwx  1 nobody users          80 Jul  1 21:18 appdata/

drwxrwxrwx  1 nobody users          72 Sep 23  2013 applications/