squirrellydw installation support - from 'unRAID Server Release 6.0.1-x86_64 Available'

So I just tried to upgrade and it's not working.  I have a monitor hooked up to my server but no keyboard, I usually do everything through talent on my Mac.  I can see it is at the login section on the monitor but my Mac won't connect to the webgui.  I can see the flash drive on my Mac though.  Any idea?

I downloaded 6.0.1, copied it to the flash drive, ran the Mac bootable script and copied over my old config file.

So I just tried to upgrade and it's not working.  I have a monitor hooked up to my server but no keyboard, I usually do everything through talent on my Mac.  I can see it is at the login section on the monitor but my Mac won't connect to the webgui.  I can see the flash drive on my Mac though.  Any idea?

I downloaded 6.0.1, copied it to the flash drive, ran the Mac bootable script and copied over my old config file.

Post up the syslog using the method described in this post. 

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=9880.0

You will have to pull the Flash drive and put it in another computer to copy it off the drive.  (It will be in the root of the Flash Drive.)

Ok, since i just realized I can connect via talent through my Mac here is the syslog

Looks like your usb drive is corrupt:

FAT-fs (sda1): Volume was not properly unmounted. Some data may be corrupt. Please run fsck.

Maybe this would be a good time to ask for votes on this feature request? :)

https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=34883.0

Until then, you'll need to put the flash drive in a Windows computer and run chkdsk.  There may be a similar utility for Mac, I'm not sure.

Ok, since i just realized I can connect via talent through my Mac here is the syslog

FAT-fs (sda1): Volume was not properly unmounted. Some data may be corrupt. Please run fsck.

Until then, you'll need to put the flash drive in a Windows computer and run chkdsk.  There may be a similar utility for Mac, I'm not sure.

Really??  I don't think it's that since I can see it and telnet into in.  I think its some else but what do I know

Really??  I don't think it's that since I can see it and telnet into in.  I think its some else but what do I know

I suggest you do this before proceeding to anything else.

I copied 6 to drive first, then copied my config file from 5 to it.  I believe thats what the instructions said to do.  Was I only supposed to copy certain files from the config file??  I copied over the entire thing

You said config file. Do you actually mean the config folder? Did that include the config/plugins folder?

Should I just delete it?  I have it backed up

No, just empty it. I just confirmed the stock download contains an empty plugins folder there.

ok copied over the original from 6.0.1 and same thing happens.  I can telnet and connect and also see the flash drive through finder but not connect through the browser

...  I can telnet and connect and also see the flash drive through finder but not connect through the browser

From the command line
diagnostics

Ignore any error messages and get the resulting diagnostics zip file from the logs folder on your flash and attach it.

Hey, could it be something in my GO script?  I had originally changed it I think to do something with unmenu along time ago?

Your go file is making unRAID use port 8085. Is that how you are trying to connect? It also contains lines to start packages from unMenu and also start unMenu. You should use the go file from the distribution zip file. Also, make sure there is nothing in the extra folder (if it exists) on your flash, and also nothing in plugins or config/plugins.

I copied 6 to drive first, then copied my config file from 5 to it.  I believe thats what the instructions said to do.  Was I only supposed to copy certain files from the config file??  I copied over the entire thing

Which instructions did you follow? Maybe you should read them again.