unRAID Server Release 6.1-rc1 Available

In regard to:

“Another change: all so-called 'hidden' objects - files/directories beginning with dot '.' character - are shown when viewing shares and also visible via SMB.  This makes it easier to see why a particular share is not "empty"”

Stored with all  my media shares (SMB) and sub-directories are a number of hidden (dot) folders of different uses.  These will now become visible and compromise the aesthetics on my themed WDTV media players.

The need for this change would appear to be an outlier “use case” for maintenance purposes.  If it is required then please make it a switchable option in the GUI.

Thank you.

Yes we can make 'show dot files' a config setting for SMB protocol.  We changed it because it fixes the issue where it's not possible to fully empty a share via Network if there are any such objects on the share put there by some app or netatalk, thus not possible to delete the share.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In regard to:

“Another change: all so-called 'hidden' objects - files/directories beginning with dot '.' character - are shown when viewing shares and also visible via SMB.  This makes it easier to see why a particular share is not "empty"”

Stored with all  my media shares (SMB) and sub-directories are a number of hidden (dot) folders of different uses.  These will now become visible and compromise the aesthetics on my themed WDTV media players.

The need for this change would appear to be an outlier “use case” for maintenance purposes.  If it is required then please make it a switchable option in the GUI.

Thank you.

Yes we can make 'show dot files' a config setting for SMB protocol.  We changed it because it fixes the issue where it's not possible to fully empty a share via Network if there are any such objects on the share put there by some app or netatalk, thus not possible to delete the share.

Another (possibly better) way to handle this might be to make such files visible when viewing a share via the GUI, and then add an option to delete a file(s) from the GUI.

The OpenELEC VM seem to be created properly in the web GUI but it is panicing on startup.  All other VMs continue  to work properly.

<domain type='kvm' xmlns:qemu='http://libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0'>
  <name>OpenELEC</name>
  <uuid>0369e63e-a7eb-56f2-6ca6-3105b3870648</uuid>
  <metadata>
    <vmtemplate name="OpenELEC" icon="openelec.png" os="openelec" openelec="5.95.2_1"/>
  </metadata>
  <memory unit='KiB'>1048576</memory>
  <currentMemory unit='KiB'>1048576</currentMemory>
  <memoryBacking>
    <nosharepages/>
    <locked/>
  </memoryBacking>
  <vcpu placement='static'>1</vcpu>
  <cputune>
    <vcpupin vcpu='0' cpuset='1'/>
  </cputune>
  <os>
    <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-q35-2.3'>hvm</type>
  </os>
  <features>
    <acpi/>
    <apic/>
  </features>
  <cpu mode='host-passthrough'>
    <topology sockets='1' cores='1' threads='1'/>
  </cpu>
  <clock offset='utc'>
    <timer name='rtc' tickpolicy='catchup'/>
    <timer name='pit' tickpolicy='delay'/>
    <timer name='hpet' present='no'/>
  </clock>
  <on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>
  <on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>
  <on_crash>restart</on_crash>
  <devices>
    <emulator>/usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64</emulator>
    <disk type='file' device='disk'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw' cache='writeback'/>
      <source file='/mnt/cache/vm/OpenELEC-unRAID.x86_64-5.95.2_1.img'/>
      <target dev='hda' bus='virtio'/>
      <boot order='1'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x05' function='0x0'/>
    </disk>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-ehci1'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x03' function='0x7'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci1'>
      <master startport='0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x03' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='sata' index='0'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x1f' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='0' model='pcie-root'/>
    <controller type='pci' index='1' model='dmi-to-pci-bridge'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x1e' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='2' model='pci-bridge'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x01' slot='0x01' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='virtio-serial' index='0'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x04' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <filesystem type='mount' accessmode='passthrough'>
      <source dir='/mnt/cache/appdata/OpenELEC/'/>
      <target dir='appconfig'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x01' function='0x0'/>
    </filesystem>
    <interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:80:5f:d9'/>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <model type='virtio'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x02' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>
    <serial type='pty'>
      <target port='0'/>
    </serial>
    <console type='pty'>
      <target type='serial' port='0'/>
    </console>
    <channel type='unix'>
      <source mode='bind' path='/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/channel/target/OpenELEC.org.qemu.guest_agent.0'/>
      <target type='virtio' name='org.qemu.guest_agent.0'/>
      <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </channel>
    <memballoon model='virtio'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x06' function='0x0'/>
    </memballoon>
  </devices>
  <qemu:commandline>
    <qemu:arg value='-device'/>
    <qemu:arg value='ioh3420,bus=pcie.0,addr=1c.0,multifunction=on,port=2,chassis=1,id=root.1'/>
    <qemu:arg value='vfio-pci,host=01:00.0,bus=pcie.0,multifunction=on,x-vga=on'/>
  </qemu:commandline>
</domain>

image1.jpg.2ab0018840783ca956ce60f639ac51e2.jpg

Updated to 6.1 RC1.  All working as expected so far.

Unfortunately, I will not be using the OE unVM as the RCs/betas for Isengard have been too glitchy for me (video has to play catchup with the audio when I start a movie or jump ahead).  I'm going to stay on OE 5.08 for the time being as it does not exhibit this behavior.

John

The OpenELEC VM seem to be created properly in the web GUI but it is panicing on startup.  All other VMs continue  to work properly.

<name>OpenELEC</name>
  <metadata>
    <vmtemplate name="OpenELEC" icon="openelec.png" os="openelec" openelec="5.95.2_1"/>
  </metadata>
  <memoryBacking>
    <nosharepages/>
    <locked/>
  </memoryBacking>
  <cputune>
  </cputune>
  <os>
  </os>
  <features>
    <acpi/>
    <apic/>
  </features>
  </cpu>
  <clock offset='utc'>
  </clock>
  <devices>
      <boot order='1'/>
    </disk>
    </controller>
      <master startport='0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x03' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    </controller>
    </controller>
    </controller>
    </controller>
    </filesystem>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <model type='virtio'/>
    </interface>
    <serial type='pty'>
      <target port='0'/>
    </serial>
    <console type='pty'>
    </console>
    <channel type='unix'>
      <source mode='bind' path='/var/lib/libvirt/qemu/channel/target/OpenELEC.org.qemu.guest_agent.0'/>
    </channel>
    </memballoon>
  </devices>
    <qemu:arg value='ioh3420,bus=pcie.0,addr=1c.0,multifunction=on,port=2,chassis=1,id=root.1'/>
</domain>

Whenever I have this happen to me, it is usually because I am moving a passed-through GPU from one VM to another and I did not shut down one of the VMs properly.  I think it keeps the vid card from resetting.  My only fix has been to reboot the server.

John

...Other changes include several dynamix improvements including the ability to upload via browse or drag-n-drop a thumbnail image for users and the 'banner'.  Note: there is something not quite right with this functionality in this release - sometimes it works just fine, other times it doesn't work at all - this will get resoved before 'stable' is released...

I can confirm that this does not work. I presume it should store the banner somewhere on flash and copy it to /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/images/banner.png. I could not see anywhere on flash where it got written.

Since I had already gone to the trouble to create a suitable banner from a panorama in our photo collection, I went ahead and put it in /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/images/banner.png and then added this to go

#copy custom banner
cp /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/images/banner.png /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/images/banner.png

I didn't bother to test the user thumbnails since I had already done these using the instructions from rc5.

I will test again when we have a fix.

When changing the banner, it should store the file banner.png under folder /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.

The code is missing to copy the banner file from flash to RAM upon system restart. I do the following in my go file

# Copy custom banner
if [[ -s /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/banner.png ]]; then
  cp /boot/config/plugins/dynamix/banner.png /usr/local/emhttp/webGui/images
  chmod -x /usr/local/emhttp/webGui/images/banner.png
fi

The restrictions are [1] file must be png format, and [2] max file size is 100KB (warning is given when conditions are not met).

I can confirm that this does not work. I presume it should store the banner somewhere on flash and copy it to /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/images/banner.png. I could not see anywhere on flash where it got written.

How did you change the banner?

Do you use drag-n-drop or click on the image and do a manual selection?

After the banner is changed click on Apply to confirm the change, at this point the new banner should be shown.

After the banner is changed click on Apply to confirm the change, at this point the new banner should be shown.

Tried it both ways.

...The restrictions are [1] file must be png format, and [2] max file size is 100KB (warning is given when conditions are not met).

[2]Might explain why it is not saving. I used the same dimensions as in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/images/banner.unraid.png, but 32-bit color instead of 8-bit color, so the file was >100KB. Didn't get any warning though.

I will see if I can reduce the color depth and try again.

When changing the banner, it should store the file banner.png under folder /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.

The code is missing to copy the banner file from flash to RAM upon system restart. I do the following in my go file

# Copy custom banner
fi

The restrictions are [1] file must be png format, and [2] max file size is 100KB (warning is given when conditions are not met).

This is also in the rc.local file I missed adding to the -rc1 release.

I also increased max file upload to 600KB for both thumbnails and banner.

Ideally for thumbnails you want 48x48 pixels; for banner 1270x90 - whatever images you specify will scaled to these dimensions upon display.

The file extension needs to be .png but most browsers will display correctly if they are actually .jpg in disguise.

Yes there is something not quite right with upload.  All during my testing it worked fine.  Though sometimes while testing ability to upload larger files, the error message for a file too large would be "Your browser does not support html5 upload." when really the problem was the file was too big.

After generating the actual -rc1 release I do a download/install sanity check before actually publishing and one my test servers exhibited this problem manifested in two ways:

a) If I dragged an image with say 96x96 dimensions it would appear like that in the browser and the Apply button would never be enabled.

b) If instead I used manual selection, image would again be too large in browser, but Apply button would be enabled, but then clicking Apply had no effect - that is, the image was not uploaded.

Tried this using IE/FF/Chrome all with same effect.  Very strange.

But since it was an -rc release, I went ahead and published  8)

# Copy custom banner
fi

This is also in the rc.local file I missed adding to the -rc1 release.

I also increased max file upload to 600KB for both thumbnails and banner.

Ideally for thumbnails you want 48x48 pixels; for banner 1270x90 - whatever images you specify will scaled to these dimensions upon display.

The file extension needs to be .png but most browsers will display correctly if they are actually .jpg in disguise.

After reducing color depth to 8 I was able to make it work with drag-drop.

To summarize, my original attempt was with png of 1270x90x32=217KB, and that didn't save to flash, no warning.

I reduced it to 1270x90x8=52KB and that did save to flash and updated my banner in the GUI.

I assume I must put bonienl script in go for it to survive a reboot until next release, and then I will try again with my 1270x90x32 png.

a) If I dragged an image with say 96x96 dimensions it would appear like that in the browser and the Apply button would never be enabled.

This should only happen when the input is not accepted, but in such a case a proper warning should be displayed.

b) If instead I used manual selection, image would again be too large in browser, but Apply button would be enabled, but then clicking Apply had no effect - that is, the image was not uploaded.

Here apply should not have been enabled...

Guess, need to dig into the error handling code!

Having two issues after upgrading to 6.1-rc1, notifications and email settings.

root@MRAID:~# notify -e "TEST" -s "This is a TEST" -i "alert"

Warning: file_put_contents(/tmp/notifications/archive/TEST_1437424496.notify): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/notify on line 189

Warning: file_put_contents(/tmp/notifications/unread/TEST_1437424496.notify): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/notify on line 190

Manually creating the folders "/tmp/notifications/archive/ & /tmp/notifications/unread/" solves it.

The other problem is that "/etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf" dosent get created after a restart of the server. Clicking the apply button in the mail settings tab solves it.

<name>OpenELEC</name>
  <metadata>
  </metadata>
  <memoryBacking>
    <nosharepages/>
    <locked/>
  </memoryBacking>
  <cputune>
  </cputune>
  <os>
  </os>
  <features>
    <acpi/>
    <apic/>
  </features>
  </cpu>
  <clock offset='utc'>
  </clock>
  <devices>
      <boot order='1'/>
    </disk>
    </controller>
      <master startport='0'/>
    </controller>
    </controller>
    </controller>
    </controller>
    </controller>
    </filesystem>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <model type='virtio'/>
    </interface>
    <serial type='pty'>
      <target port='0'/>
    </serial>
    <console type='pty'>
    </console>
    <channel type='unix'>
    </channel>
    </memballoon>
  </devices>
</domain>

Whenever I have this happen to me, it is usually because I am moving a passed-through GPU from one VM to another and I did not shut down one of the VMs properly.  I think it keeps the vid card from resetting.  My only fix has been to reboot the server.

John

Thank your for the response, John. Unfortunately, I'm experiencing the same issue after a server reboot. Are any users successfully using the OpenELEC unVM?

Warning: file_put_contents(/tmp/notifications/archive/TEST_1437424496.notify): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/notify on line 189

Warning: file_put_contents(/tmp/notifications/unread/TEST_1437424496.notify): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/notify on line 190

Manually creating the folders "/tmp/notifications/archive/ & /tmp/notifications/unread/" solves it.

The other problem is that "/etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf" dosent get created after a restart of the server. Clicking the apply button in the mail settings tab solves it.

Yeah this is a known issue, thanks for reporting.

The workaround - as you did - is to re-apply the smtp settings.

Just tried this and it seems to work for me. In fact, I got 2 "normal" notifications last night, one from the array health report, and another custom one from one of my scripts.

<name>OpenELEC</name>
  <metadata>
  </metadata>
  <memoryBacking>
    <nosharepages/>
    <locked/>
  </memoryBacking>
  <cputune>
  </cputune>
  <os>
  </os>
  <features>
    <acpi/>
    <apic/>
  </features>
  </cpu>
  <clock offset='utc'>
  </clock>
  <devices>
      <boot order='1'/>
    </disk>
    </controller>
      <master startport='0'/>
    </controller>
    </controller>
    </controller>
    </controller>
    </controller>
    </filesystem>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <model type='virtio'/>
    </interface>
    <serial type='pty'>
      <target port='0'/>
    </serial>
    <console type='pty'>
    </console>
    <channel type='unix'>
    </channel>
    </memballoon>
  </devices>
</domain>

John

Thank your for the response, John. Unfortunately, I'm experiencing the same issue after a server reboot. Are any users successfully using the OpenELEC unVM?

For the record, I was able to successfully run the OE unVM (5.95.2).

danofun, have you successfully passed through a GPU to a VM in the past (Windows, Kodi, other)?

John

Just tried this and it seems to work for me. In fact, I got 2 "normal" notifications last night, one from the array health report, and another custom one from one of my scripts.

Just rebooted the server and "/tmp/notifications/" dosent get created, however if i change a setting in the notifications tab and press apply i gets created.

Just rebooted the server and "/tmp/notifications/" dosent get created, however if i change a setting in the notifications tab and press apply i gets created.

That might be why it worked for me, don't exactly remember if I did that after upgrade or not.

In regard to:

Thank you.

Yes! Another vote to make this a config setting, please!

Another notable addition to this release is the inclusion of the "OpenELEC" template type in VM Manager.

It may be prudent to note in the OP which version of OE is being pulled (latest stable, latest beta/RC, legacy stable, user choice, etc.)...especially for those that are using a shared mysql database.

Also, how are OE upgrades handled?

Nice work!

John

This... Also when there are multiple stable/rc builds will be able to choose which one or will we be locked into whichever one is the current unRAID OE VM?